PDA

View Full Version : "Safe to leave" and Battle Points

mr.ioes
06-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Please award BPs also when someone leaves a game which is safe to do so.

QQ part: I just had a gg, unfortunately 2 griefers with 1:8 and 0:11 stat, so they left. I left too after our main carry did but no BPs were added to my account. Not amused. Do I really need to stay in a 2v5 game now? That's also rude to the opposing team imho (timewaste). /whine

rasielll
06-01-2012, 02:00 AM
+1

LaBrosse
06-01-2012, 02:02 AM

That's just being too lenient. You expect to be awarded when you don't finish a game?

Aqua Snake
06-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Yeah I can't agree with this.

But perhaps the remaining BP of those who left can be equally distributed to those who stayed the whole game.

mr.ioes
06-01-2012, 02:44 AM

That's just being too lenient. You expect to be awarded when you don't finish a game?
Strawman argument.
I expect not to be punished for doing the obvious right thing: leaving a 2v5 already decided game and not prolonging it.

Malvodion
06-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Strawman argument.
I expect not to be punished for doing the obvious right thing: leaving a 2v5 already decided game and not prolonging it.
But with this kind of things you must also think about everything around it. This could be abused by people, like a team leaving again and again just to build a long bar (there is people enough dumb to do this, even if it would eventually get them into low priority and fill their profile with abandoned matches.). Not awarding points would help prevent this.

DarkLite
06-01-2012, 03:03 AM
No. The game wasn't valid, no reason people should get points.

edit: is this a troll thread? The "/whine" makes it look that way.

Backlash
06-01-2012, 04:52 AM
But with this kind of things you must also think about everything around it. This could be abused by people, like a team leaving again and again just to build a long bar (there is people enough dumb to do this, even if it would eventually get them into low priority and fill their profile with abandoned matches.). Not awarding points would help prevent this.

Dont see how it could be abused if the system is set up right to begin with tbh and its definitly not setup right if its forcing people to stay in fountain stomps.

Vaxkiller
06-01-2012, 05:46 AM
How about only the people that stay get battle points?
-Vax