PDA

View Full Version : Add a skill to the courier for changing the model

ClickeR`
06-01-2012, 01:45 AM
i bought i courier

but the problem is the model wont change if i didnt buy the courier

if my support buys it it will be a just a donkey

what im asking for here is add the skill or anything like that to change the courier model in dota2 like in dota1 and hon

ofc it only changes to the models ur team have bought

the couriers have a high price and please make them available in everygame

rasielll
06-01-2012, 01:56 AM
No.
It must use model that used by player who has bought it.

DaWerewolf
06-01-2012, 02:06 AM
At least you have the incentive to buy the courier if you buy new courier designs :P But maybe there should be an icon where you can choose from what designs other people bought in the in game shop(where you buy hero items). So if they have a walking tree courier design they should be able to click it instead of the normal courier design IF someone in your team has got that courier design.

LaBrosse
06-01-2012, 02:11 AM
This would mean less courier sales, though. Why buy a custom courier when there's a good chance someone on your team already has one?

Malvodion
06-01-2012, 02:49 AM
This would mean less courier sales, though. Why buy a custom courier when there's a good chance someone on your team already has one?
Pretty much this.
I disagree with this idea.

Proskub
06-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Because they may not have the one you have? So you have more options if you feel like changing it mid game?

Honestly it should be like OP states. This is how it was in DotA and in HoN. Otherwise buying a custom courier would be only if you play support a lot.

ClickeR`
06-01-2012, 09:28 AM
lol u can buy a courier then give it to ur friend who has bought a custom courier and active at...same problem

but why i buy a 11 dollars courier while there is a chance a support will insta buy a courier and activate it?

i mean if a buy something i would like to see it in everygame its quite disappointing that i have played 5 games with out using my custom courier....

BP boosts works on ur whole team if someone random u met has one so why not same for couriers?

dresmasher
06-01-2012, 10:04 AM
nope, deal with it.
because bad ass couriers should be a privilege only dedicated support players are allow to have, so gtfo "I need farm"/carry mofos

mindfaQ
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
I would like a "random courier" option in the loadout that choses a random courier of the available ones the player has. So f.e. when I have the badger, the tegu, it would be possible that the courier, when bought in a match, turns out to be either badger, tegu or donkey (mby optional if he should be included or not)
or is something like that already implemented?

Kakee
06-01-2012, 12:41 PM
I would like a "random courier" option in the loadout that choses a random courier of the available ones the player has. So f.e. when I have the badger, the tegu, it would be possible that the courier, when bought in a match, turns out to be either badger, tegu or donkey (mby optional if he should be included or not)

Good idea.

+1

Malvodion
06-01-2012, 02:03 PM
It could work, but only if You were the one who owned the courier And the extra models. If another players buys it then it'll only look like the ones they own or, in case they don't have one, like the standar one.

Timbonator
06-01-2012, 02:16 PM
terrible idea. The person that has the item should be the only one capable of buying the alternative courier.