PDA

View Full Version : community voting cosmetics is prudent??

deeqfinch
06-01-2012, 06:47 AM
so as per the faqs . the community votes will decide which cosmetics will stay and which will go.
this is bad. lets face it . many of the people ( the ones who are against cosmetics in dota2) know that there are tons and tons of people who will just prefer drow ranger with those ridiculous spikes or ursa with the dumb hat. lets face it . majority like the weirdness and funniness of things . and not the elegance and classiness (which dota2 default heroes currently have , even the ones i hate) .
so in other words , e.g. ursa hat . thousands of people end up loving it (coz of its cuteness funniness) and it gets to come in game and become an annoyance to look at (in a game which is currently a visual treat)
just because "majority" voted for it.
is community fit for such decisions ?
being part of it . i vote no

Swordz
06-01-2012, 06:48 AM
thousands of people love it

you mean you and your dog

deeqfinch
06-01-2012, 06:49 AM
have some sense?
thats an example . im against such stuff.

vladhood
06-01-2012, 06:50 AM
lets face it, your opinion is worth about as much as anyone elses. dont vote if you dont like something.

Yoshi-
06-01-2012, 06:51 AM
I am 100% sure that Valve will look at every item, that has many votes, and dicuss whether it should be added. They won't add every top rated model

zinus

This comment is out of place.

On topic: i will wait and see how it goes, although i share your concerns, "community" is a weird force that can both create and ruin a game...

deeqfinch
lets face it, your opinion is worth about as much as anyone elses. dont vote if you dont like something.
yup it is . and im not saying that you leave it to me . i accept valve's default creations. argh this forums loves to go against topic creators :| (see post #2) . just write your opinion and vote plz

Swordz
06-01-2012, 06:53 AM
have some sense?
thats an example . im against such stuff.

now you changed to "loving it" it makes sense now.

deeqfinch
06-01-2012, 06:54 AM
now you changed to "loving it" it makes sense now.

good. sry i thot u were a troll . :)

slowreflex
06-01-2012, 07:35 AM
The decision has been made already. We'll just have to see what happens. It's majority vote, which seems fair to me.