PDA

View Full Version : Well, it appears as though the cosmetics are having the desired effects...

JMPayne
06-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Was just in my first game of the morning. Player No.1 Random'd Nature's Prophet, just to have Player No.2 on our team ignite a fight with him because he wanted to use NP so he could use his new neck-beard. Of course, Player No.1 didn't budge, and the game seemingly proceeded without event. Half-way through, Player No.3 paused the game, and asked Player No.2 if he would trade his NP neck-beard items with him, since y'know, this is obviously a trading game now. Player No.2 didn't want to trade, and naturally Player No.3 was upset about it. The game quickly devolved into a big flame-fest over the items, and how shitty the other player was, and eventually Player No.3 started feeding.

Thanks, VALVe. First day is off to a good start. Having trouble recalling things like this happening before cosmetics. I can recall, however, that this shit ended up affecting TF2 greatly. Hmmmm, not sure if I should start drawing parallels yet.

I can't wait for courier fights. Alas, the day is not yet done. I'm sure I'll encounter an inordinate amount of these occurrences in the time to come.

mk07ki
06-01-2012, 07:31 AM
Give me your hat or I'll feed.

Swordz
06-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Eventually everyone will have everything (i think hats drop just like the weapons in dota), this will stop.

JMPayne
06-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Eventually everyone will have everything (i think hats drop just like the weapons in dota), this will stop.

I heard things will those spoken about TF2. Ironically, it is even more prevalent now than it was at the conception of cosmetics. The only way everyone would have everything is if there were no new players from a certain point on. If, for example, there were no new players on DOTA2 starting today, then yes, in a year from now --or whatever arbitrary elapsed amount of time you wish to assign-- passes, everyone would have the items and nobody would be having issues like this.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Unfortunately this problem will only get worse.

zinus
06-01-2012, 07:40 AM

if it was like this, noone would have to buy stuff = no money = no need for it in the first place

Malvodion
06-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Report them and eventually they'll get what they are looking for. If he is capable of doing this in a beta then he shouldn't be allowed to continue in it.

JMPayne
06-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Report them and eventually they'll get what they are looking for. If he is capable of doing this in a beta then he shouldn't be allowed to continue in it.

Eventually. But, I have to deal with it, as eventually it might eventually be dealt with. In the mean-time, I get to play in a glorified trade chat.

LaBrosse
06-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I haven't seen a single event like this the entire day. One or two people asking about someone else's items, maybe, but nothing like this.

Then again, asian Dota is srs bsns.

Swordz
06-01-2012, 07:57 AM
if it was like this, noone would have to buy stuff = no money = no need for it in the first place

No one buys weapons in TF2. Only crazy people buy hats (you can get them with some crafting and trading)

mk07ki
06-01-2012, 07:57 AM
But seriously, eventually all those bad players will have low mmr, and you know what that means.

Shimizu
06-01-2012, 08:04 AM
The only way everyone would have everything is if there were no new players from a certain point on. If, for example, there were no new players on DOTA2 starting today, then yes, in a year from now --or whatever arbitrary elapsed amount of time you wish to assign-- passes, everyone would have the items and nobody would be having issues like this.

Sure, but new players will probably be assigned in a lower skill bracket and you should not encounter them if you're in a high enough bracket.