PDA

View Full Version : +100 Pages of Cosmetics before the last remaining Hero is put into the game, please?

Techno-Grub
06-01-2012, 01:54 PM
This whole cosmetic stuff is starting to worry me; there are 4 different hats for Kunkka already, at least 2 hats for Axe, a lot of emphasis on getting more and more community creations through the Workshop while Dota2 isn't even finished yet in terms of all the Heroes.

Ever since I got access to the Dota2 beta (a few months back or so) I totally fell in love with the interesting and highly-detailed gameworld and individual Heroes Valve had created so far. But then, first the poor Hero Picker and now cosmetics start flowing in like no tomorrow.

So.. I don't know. Is this what people really wanted? A rushed in-game store that gets filled with cosmetic stuff faster than you could even spit?

I'm sad for the cool game that Dota2 definitely is, because most of these cosmetics don't seem to add to that coolness at all! :mad:

den_hemske
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't believe it is the same producers of items as of heroes. Don't worry lad.

xLucidity
06-01-2012, 01:58 PM
^ what he said. I don't think people realize they have different dev teams working on different aspects of any given game. They think it's all one team.

Makal
06-01-2012, 01:58 PM
This whole cosmetic stuff is starting to worry me; there are 4 different hats for Kunkka already, at least 2 hats for Axe, a lot of emphasis on getting more and more community creations through the Workshop while Dota2 isn't even finished yet in terms of all the Heroes.

Ever since I got access to the Dota2 beta (a few months back or so) I totally fell in love with the interesting and highly-detailed gameworld and individual Heroes Valve had created so far. But then, first the poor Hero Picker and now cosmetics start flowing in like no tomorrow.

So.. I don't know. Is this what people really wanted? A rushed in-game store that gets filled with cosmetic stuff faster than you could even spit?

I'm sad for the cool game that Dota2 proved to be, and most of these cosmetics don't seem to add to that coolness at all. :mad:

1) It isn't rushed. It is being worked on for quite a long time now.

2) Most of these itens were created by users.

3) Release a hero involves much more than textures. Different people, with different functions.

Techno-Grub
06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
But what good will come out of it when one team makes the awesome looking gameworld and the Heroes while other team screws it up with cosmetics (either by community or themselves) ?

Techno-Grub
06-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Either way, my point is that Dota2 is already leaning towards the same exact direction that TF2 fell into.

And that's NOT good, in case you didn't figure that one out already.

Stuff like cosmetics should be created with just as much planning and carefulness as the whole beautiful game so far!!!

Makal
06-01-2012, 02:04 PM
But what good will come out of it when one team makes the awesome looking gameworld and the Heroes while other team screws it up with cosmetics (either by community or themselves) ?

If everyone use these costumes, so it is because they are fun or nice. If the other team paid for those costumes, they are helping keep the servers online and the updates coming. It sounds fine to me.

Mr.Toast
06-01-2012, 02:04 PM
You do realize that most of the items (>80%) will be made by the community ? Valve created a few items to introduce the cosmetic system, but from now on they can relax and go back to the heroes.

portland
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM

No good will.

Personally when things get stupid enough (And they're already close) I'm going to quit playing and start cashing in. I can't wait to make 'Gangsta Pudge' and 'Portal Teleport NP' (Orange portal where he targets, blue around him, it's like PORTAL, get it?) or ROCKstar tiny. (He'll have a guitar and a cool rocker hairdo, get it, like, he's a ROCK, and ROCK music.)

Techno-Grub
06-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Yep, a lot of emphasis on community creations lately.

Not a good thing, because the Faceless Void hat with a Hole in his Forehead is already confirmed official, which means that my Thumbs Down on its Workshop page didn't mean dick. Yay!

Techno-Grub
06-01-2012, 02:11 PM
No good will.

Personally when things get stupid enough (And they're already close) I'm going to quit playing and start cashing in. I can't wait to make 'Gangsta Pudge' and 'Portal Teleport NP' (Orange portal where he targets, blue around him, it's like PORTAL, get it?) or ROCKstar tiny. (He'll have a guitar and a cool rocker hairdo, get it, like, he's a ROCK, and ROCK music.)

And my heart beating is growing ever more faint.

func_door
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
No good will.

Personally when things get stupid enough (And they're already close) I'm going to quit playing and start cashing in. I can't wait to make 'Gangsta Pudge' and 'Portal Teleport NP' (Orange portal where he targets, blue around him, it's like PORTAL, get it?) or ROCKstar tiny. (He'll have a guitar and a cool rocker hairdo, get it, like, he's a ROCK, and ROCK music.)is this the banpost?

Ustat Rex
06-01-2012, 02:47 PM
The item develop is for part of the community and Valve implement them in game and... is a entire team working on dota 2 or u think is 1 person who create the game?