PDA

View Full Version : Should bots wear cosmetic items?

slowreflex
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm 50/50 on this. It can add some flavor to the bot games, but also makes the cosmetics less exclusive. So let's see what the community thinks...

Hefaistus
06-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Just thinking out loud for a second here, bear with me.
What if the bots wear the cosmetics that you own? Say you have the Admirable Admiral set for Kunkka, and there is a bot Kunkka in the field, it then has a chance at wearing one or more items of the set. Could even work in a co-op versus bots match, where 1 bot is connected with 1 player, utilizing any item that happens to be in the backpack at the time that the bot's hero can wear. That could potentially add additional value to the items someone already has, if they are of course fuzzed about something like that.
Of course it's going to be a little more complicated if there are more players than bots, or the numbers can't be divided to a whole (e.g. 7 bots, 3 players), but I feel it certainly would add something extra to the bot games.
Then again, I play almost exclusively bot games, so that makes me somewhat biased on the matter. Still, I'm quite liking the idea of seeing bots wear cosmetic items, but I can understand if others don't.

BrandonReinhart
06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
That's a pretty cool idea Hefaistus.

ShadowThanatos
06-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Cool idea, very nice for me, who almost only play with bots.

slowreflex
06-02-2012, 01:16 AM
What if the bots wear the cosmetics that you own?

I like that idea too. That solves my concern about exclusivity and will let people see heroes as they want to see them. Of course this supports the game more as well as people that play bot games only will still want to buy cosmetics. I suppose if there is multiple players with cosmetics for a bot then it would use a randomizer, which set is the more premium, etc.

DaWerewolf
06-02-2012, 04:07 AM
More sales for Valve I suppose. I think there should be an option before you buy an item where you can preview it on the hero so you won't make a mistake as to what item you buy from the store.

Arxos
06-02-2012, 04:11 AM
More sales for Valve I suppose. I think there should be an option before you buy an item where you can preview it on the hero so you won't make a mistake as to what item you buy from the store.
Erm, there is a preview already?