PDA

View Full Version : [Item Drops/Battle Points] A suggestion in regards to winners and losers

Hogger
06-02-2012, 03:16 AM
I played a total of 12 games when the patch first hit. What I've noticed is that the amount of Battle Points given doesn't differ much whether you win or lose. You always seem to get around 40-50 points.

In regards to item drops. I think it should be changed so that only winners have a chance of receiving a drop at the end of a game but to restore the overall rate for the community it could be doubled in drop rate. There would be no change overall in items going out as the majority of players float around 50% win rate anyway.

So again my suggestion
-> Only winners receive random drops at the end of a game
-> The drop rate is doubled to compensate for this
-> Bigger difference between winners and losers Battle Points

The current customization system rewards losers and winners near enough the same. Why not add some sort of incentive for people?

DaWerewolf
06-02-2012, 03:54 AM
+1 I agree with you!! This will help minimize people from getting items so it feels more special/unique

Nolf
06-02-2012, 08:25 AM
I agree there should be noticeable difference in BP for winners and losers.

Chrys
06-02-2012, 08:29 AM
No. Winning the game is sufficient, no point further punishing people for losing. Let them have a consolation prize.

IKNK
06-02-2012, 08:39 AM
If a public game seems like it will become a loss for you AND you can't even get items for playing till the end, why not just leave the game?

Get the point?

Maybe a winning or losing a game should slightly affect the amount of bp:s you get per game. For instance 70bp for winning team players, 50bp for the players in the losing team. However a leaver should get negative or no battlepoints (+ ofcourse no random drops).

So OP's suggestion is bad, mine's a bit better.

Eejit
06-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I played a total of 12 games when the patch first hit. What I've noticed is that the amount of Battle Points given doesn't differ much whether you win or lose. You always seem to get around 40-50 points.

It's related to game duration. It's ~1 point per minute.

preshlen3
06-02-2012, 01:34 PM
not no random drop is too fairless for the loosers.. i mean, may be less drop rate.. ok, but no drop at all.. but as a whole the idia is good from the side it encourages ppl to win more games..

func_door
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I like the current system. Winning should be its own reward.

abc0815
06-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Creates bad atmosphere.
"OMG you feed 111!11 we lose !11! I dont get items!11!!"

I like the current way alot better then this idea.

Guilherme
06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Creates bad atmosphere.
"OMG you feed 111!11 we lose !11! I dont get items!11!!"

I like the current way alot better then this idea.
this

if we want to maintain a happy and coop community the difference between winners and losers shouldn't be high.

Although i would like to see winners Battle Points increase with a shorter game and losers would get increased Battle Points if the game is long (but, again, not having a great difference)

realister
06-02-2012, 02:36 PM
BAD BAD BAD idea. If this is implemented then people who think they lost after first blood will just DC because there is no incentive for them to stay finish the game. Right now at least people stay to get the points or an item. If only the winner gets it then people will just DC as soon as they think they lost.

trena99
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
No, I don't like the idea that only winners get items. It is good as it is.

To explain why, in some games that someone leaves, or you have a really good game, sometimes I think that the enemy also deserved to win an item, because I have seen better player in enemy team than one in my team.

DaWerewolf
06-02-2012, 07:04 PM
So how is the loser receiving items if they lost? Is it random or a chance that the best player in the team receives it?

m4rx
06-02-2012, 09:25 PM
So how is the loser receiving items if they lost? Is it random or a chance that the best player in the team receives it?
I think the loser will get good BP only not items because sometimes the loser team have a player showing good performance like no leaving when in game and have kill at least 2 enemies....

I want receiving items for winner team and not for loser team...

Nerdstick
06-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah because losing a game you did really good in isn't enough, you need to lose item chances too.

If anything, you could suggest it to be based on performance (0/10/1 gets little chance), but losers = no chance? Cmon.

func_door
06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
If anything, you could suggest it to be based on performance (0/10/1 gets little chance), but losers = no chance? Cmon.any metric you use to judge "performance" will be grinded by players to the detriment of gameplay

Prospero
06-02-2012, 11:33 PM
This is a terrible idea. The community is bad enough already and mocking/rage/hate often begin 20-30 minutes before the team actually loses the game. This would make it even worse.

DeathCult
06-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Items and battlepoints are the incentive to make players play the game. If both are to be reduced just because of a weak link in the team that loses, then this will increase the chances of players throwing the game even before the 20 minute mark. That is what HoN has done and is almost ruining the entire HoN experience. Now you want the same thing to be done in Dota 2? Are you insane?

I am against this idea. -1.

Absolute
06-03-2012, 12:49 AM
I completely disagree with giving different amounts of BP for loosing or winning, as this encourages smurf accounts. (If I get more points for winning I just create a new account so that I player against low-level people and can win easily)

keitung
06-03-2012, 12:44 PM
How about,

Winners get higher % to acquire better item. Losers with lower %. However, there is still a chance for them. Like Winner with 40%, and Loser with 20% chances.

Just an opinion. Lol.

Ner[D]
06-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Disagree. No need for that. Many games already have serious problems with leavers and afk players. This would just punish even more thouse that stay till the end (bad game/worse items).