PDA

View Full Version : People, srsly, what's wrong with you?

rasielll
06-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Somebody, tell me why are those people crying about cosmetics?

1. All of them really fit the universe and characters! Look at these ritual
armor of Bloodseeker, isn't it looks cool? Even executioner's hat of Axe can fit him!

2. Nobody is going to add silly hats directly from TF2! Noone wants to approve Cowboy Ursa or pirate Tide, or other joke suits! Even Valve said that they will try to choose only items that can fit character that are worn by.

3. Are you so pro that you can be distracted by a little hole in Void's head? WTF people, you will
not see the difference in game if you not look at character directly! It cannot
distract you, it even not changing colour.

4. Why isn't it cool when everyone can a little bit customize the character? These items can be the best reward for playing. And you musn't buy them if you don't want too.

WAKE UP, it's a good thing!

Ecoste
06-02-2012, 05:27 AM
i know right... LoL has skins does anybody say that they cant recognize the hero no, so why wouldn't you recognize a kunka with a hat?

Arxos
06-02-2012, 05:28 AM
armor of Bloodseeker, isn't it looks cool? Even executioner's hat of Axe can fit him!
Nobody complains about Bloodseeker's armor, it looks great. Executioner's hat looks out of place however. I can accept that one though because it is kinda borderline, even if I personally would rather see it gone.

2. Nobody is going to add silly hats directly from TF2! Noone wants to approve Cowboy Ursa or pirate Tide, or other joke suits! Even Valve said that they will try to choose only items that can fit character that are worn by.
I hope you're right

4. Why isn't it cool when everyone can a little bit customize the character? These items can be the best reward for playing. And you musn't buy them if you don't want too.
Does it really matter whether you're the one wearing a Cowboy Ursa set or someone else? The argument of 'If you don't like them then don't buy it!" is invalid really.

zinus
06-02-2012, 05:35 AM
Because people have different tastes, and what is good for one isn't necessarily for another.
Also with this, valve isn't (too) much concerned about the aesthetics of the game as long the majority votes up => majority will like it => majority will buy it.

If there was at least a chance to turn it all off, then people wouldn't complain. Of course this option would be bad for valve if it was done for public matchmaking, but i'm sure there can be a compromise (as in putting it for private rooms).

That way everyone would be able to enjoy the most of the game.

I know that this is kinda off topic, but i don't see any other way to actually address the problem (I'm afraid that valve just won't address the problem, getting revenue is good enough).

Now don't get me wrong, i like all the customization stuff too!!! But giving a limited option (in a way not to hurt valve) to people to enjoy the original models would also be great! Of course i could always find/make a mod so i only see the standard hero models, but why not make it a part of the game.

Arxos
06-02-2012, 05:39 AM
If there was at least a chance to turn it all off, then people wouldn't complain. Of course this option would be bad for valve if it was done for public matchmaking, but i'm sure there can be a compromise (as in putting it for private rooms).
Splitting your playerbase is never a good idea. Besides that as you've mentioned the majority likes cosmetics, so the no-cosmetics matchmaking pool would just be plagued with long queues and lower game quality, probably forcing most people to go to the normal matchmaking pool increasing queue times even more. In the end it'll be completely unused.

diAz
06-02-2012, 05:41 AM
i totally agree with op.

Glacius91
06-02-2012, 07:00 AM
i know right... LoL has skins does anybody say that they cant recognize the hero no, so why wouldn't you recognize a kunka with a hat?

It's funny because there are a lot of tards saying how bad LoL players are but at the end of the day, they can difference their heroes with any complete skin, even a joke one, and some Dota players can't even distinguish the heroes they have seen for years with a hat.

DarkLite
06-02-2012, 07:04 AM
It's funny because there are a lot of tards saying how bad LoL players are but at the end of the day, they can difference their heroes with any complete skin, even a joke one, and some Dota players can't even distinguish the heroes they have seen for years with a hat.

I can't help but wonder how many people have died or ever will die from trying to gank a Crystal Maiden that turned out to be Ursa with a hat on. I suspect it's zero.

R.B.Economy
06-02-2012, 07:10 AM

3. Are you so pro that you can be distracted by a little hole in Void's head? WTF people, you will
not see the difference in game if you not look at character directly! It cannot
distract you, it even not changing colour.

There's nothing wrong with customizations. There's also nothing wrong with having an option to disable the view of customizations. It's a simple button. Also, designs are subjective, meaning not everyone thinks Ursa having a slightly different color tone is better, no matter how cool/fitting it looks. Again, it's not about whether a hero can be recognized or not, it's not about skill, it's not about better visuals, it's just a personal preference. Players who want skin customizations but are against optional visual toggling customization seems like an oxymoron. And players who want to show off to other players because they can buy stuffs with real money, should just walk out the street with their cash and shout "LOOK, I HAVE MONEY".

zinus
06-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Splitting your playerbase is never a good idea. Besides that as you've mentioned the majority likes cosmetics, so the no-cosmetics matchmaking pool would just be plagued with long queues and lower game quality, probably forcing most people to go to the normal matchmaking pool increasing queue times even more. In the end it'll be completely unused

You cant split the fan-base, because there is already an option for private rooms. If it would split the fan-base there wouldn't be any private rooms at all.
So as private rooms already exist, i suggest to only add an option to them, nothing more.

Arxos
06-02-2012, 09:13 AM
You cant split the fan-base, because there is already an option for private rooms. If it would split the fan-base there wouldn't be any private rooms at all.
So as private rooms already exist, i suggest to only add an option to them, nothing more.
Private lobby's are hardly ever used, getting people together for them is a pain and the quality of the matches will be non-existent.
Unless Valve makes a better private lobby system that option is useless. And even if they do I don't think it'll satisfy anyone of the people whining here because it ain't matchmaking.

sheltertothesky
06-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Maybe Valve can offer a "non-cosmetics bundle" for $10 or $20 that will turn off all the customization to keep the game clean and coherent. I would gladly pay for it.

ravn
06-02-2012, 09:30 AM
I just like playing the respectable Dota 2, not this shitty childsplay.
If we just had the opportunity to turn it off. Then we could just let the children play with their fancy outfits, and just let the people that love dota for what it is, play it with default skins.

zinus
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Private lobby's are hardly ever used, getting people together for them is a pain and the quality of the matches will be non-existent.
Unless Valve makes a better private lobby system that option is useless. And even if they do I don't think it'll satisfy anyone of the people whining here because it ain't matchmaking.

That's why you have leagues and stuff, to get random people inside a lobby and play some nice games.

But ye, somehow i have the feeling that a lobby option wouldn't satisfy the majority that are against cosmetics... still if someone can find a better compromise i have yet to hear it :<

aeon44
06-02-2012, 09:38 AM
i think Valve only adds the cool ones.
Well the bone mask for Tide is sure cool.

Ziggy
06-02-2012, 10:03 AM
People don't seem to get that there is a price to pay for having Dota2 as a F2P game. They should be grateful that the items in game are merely cosmetic and not gameplay changing.

Shibubu
06-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Earlier today I've seen a grate post about this:

"Today's first world problems... :D".

Pretty much sums up all of the situation.

H3ndriX
06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't get why you clowns are bashing people who are against cosmetics. All they want is a payable card option that would still bring profit to the game and that would allow them to disable cosmetics. What exactly do you care about someone spending THEIR money on this? They will spend 0€ on cosmetics anyway, so at least this is a way to bring profit to the game.

Do you have any inteligent argument against that at all other than silly insults and nonsensical analogies?

TwoHourMotel
06-02-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't get why you clowns are bashing people who are against cosmetics. All they want is a payable card option that would still bring profit to the game and that would allow them to disable cosmetics. What exactly do you care about someone spending THEIR money on this? They will spend 0€ on cosmetics anyway, so at least this is a way to bring profit to the game.

Do you have any inteligent argument against that at all other than silly insults and nonsensical analogies?

Ya sure, how about valve choosing that this is how they want to monetize their game?

H3ndriX
06-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Ya sure, how about valve choosing that this is how they want to monetize their game?

If you think like that, why are you on these forums? They are supposed to be for feedback, so according to your logic you shouldn't even be here since valve just chooses on their own how to do stuff.

TwoHourMotel
06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
If you think like that, why are you on these forums? They are supposed to be for feedback, so according to your logic you shouldn't even be here since valve just chooses on their own how to do stuff.

I'm not saying don't give them feedback, I'm saying this is the model they chose in order to keep their game F2P. Our feedback is important in other parts more than others (like bugs and glitches feedback are more important than say, what color QoP should be). Valve does choose how to do their own stuff, cause last time I checked this community had little to no say when it came to the new UI changes, or when it came to hero models.

We can give them feedback, but at the end of the day, it's up to them how this game should run and how they want to make money off of it.

H3ndriX
06-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm not saying don't give them feedback, I'm saying this is the model they chose in order to keep their game F2P. Our feedback is important in other parts more than others (like bugs and glitches feedback are more important than say, what color QoP should be). Valve does choose how to do their own stuff, cause last time I checked this community had little to no say when it came to the new UI changes, or when it came to hero models.

We can give them feedback, but at the end of the day, it's up to them how this game should run and how they want to make money off of it.

Of course it's up to them, but damn me if i'm not going to say anything about things i think are wrong in my favourite game =)

gotenwinz99
06-02-2012, 11:11 AM
agree with op, it's just very weird that has valve has came up to a perfect f2p model to compete with lol or hon and they still whine

nicoman
06-02-2012, 11:46 AM

Too late Pirate Tide is already in the game, Pirate Hat, Flag, and Sword included. So it looks like there are going to be silly things. We already have Lady Gaga Drow Ranger so why not Cowboy Ursa?

rasielll
06-02-2012, 12:09 PM

"Intiligent"? Well, most of anti-cosmetics people are just crying like "Remove cosmetics!"
And payable option to turn off cosmetics would make people to start think about cosmetics as a bad thing, etc. But I don't know, may be this would be a good option.

Too late Pirate Tide is already in the game, Pirate Hat, Flag, and Sword included. So it looks like there are going to be silly things. We already have Lady Gaga Drow Ranger so why not Cowboy Ursa?
ಠ_ಠ

Timbonator
06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Of course it's up to them, but damn me if i'm not going to say anything about things i think are wrong in my favourite game =)

What I ask myself is, how much have they actually listened to the community so far with Dota 2? Card system? UI? Hero Picker? Pay2Play? Dashboard? I have seen several polls on these things and the majority voted on the opposite of what Valve went with. I do know that fanboys will always be fanboys though.

Shibubu
06-02-2012, 02:36 PM
What I ask myself is, how much have they actually listened to the community so far with Dota 2? Card system? UI? Hero Picker? Pay2Play? Dashboard? I have seen several polls on these things and the majority voted on the opposite of what Valve went with. I do know that fanboys will always be fanboys though.

So not needing to buy heroes and no items with stats don't count? Ok... And don't tell me you didn't got used to the "new" UI and hero picking. To me it feels like it has always been there.

Oh, and THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THEY DID NOT CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY AT ALL. (which is the only thing that matters) Srsly though... You whine too much.

realister
06-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Get 10 like minded friends > create a Private game > dont wear hats > play.

nicoman
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Get 10 like minded friends > create a Private game > dont wear hats > play.

So by your logic people that don't like it should play with the same 9 people every time?

Techno-Grub
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
OP, the "Hurr I'ma pirate!1" Tidehunter-set is already as official as it could ever get. It's in the in-game store.

Which is laughable. My thumbs down on its workshop page didn't mean dick obviously.

Techno-Grub
06-02-2012, 03:07 PM
There is a Squid-item for the Tidehunter to drag along instead of the big fish, which I found quite awesome.

.. To make up for the ridiculousness that the "Hurr I'ma Pirate!" set is.

Grave
02-14-2013, 03:02 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot recently. With the Ymir the Tusk preview I watched on DotaCinema, I had to voice my opinion. I really dislike the joke customizations & goofy visuals. I want to play a game in which I can get caught in the lore & art of the game without being reminded that it's just a game by someone walking around dressed up like a chicken. I reference Ymir the Tusk, because his ultimate has those big, comic-book style letters that say "SEAL PUNCH!", "POLAR PUNCH!" etc. This simply reminds me too much of the "BONK!" & "MISS!" from TF2 & I really don't want this game to be like that, with people talking about stranges & wearing silly getups. TF2 is a great game, but I don't want DOTA 2 to be so self conscious, sarcastic, & childish in its aesthetics. Even the greevils are a bit too much for my taste. I doubt anything will happen, because the vast majority of players are likely between the ages of 11-16, & thus are drawn to more cartoony, happy-go-lucky themes, but, there it is.

Fausto
02-14-2013, 03:49 PM
6-2-2012 post wrote about the ursa cowboy set that was released in september.
That's suspicious....