PDA

View Full Version : Give Warlock a Hastur theme?

Banethulhu
06-03-2012, 04:50 AM
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2009/353/b/b/Hastur_by_Squidtentacle.png

I'm not suggesting for him to be all tentacle-like, but giving him a yellow-ish robe (or maybe just some parts of the robe to make sure he can still be recognized) and then giving him a different staff to fit the theme, and maybe a different lantern, one with tentacles spawning out of it. Also, if you're considering different forms of his ultimate (like Prophet's treants) maybe make it a creature resembling something from the cthulhu mythos.

tortoos
06-03-2012, 04:52 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am a lovecraft fan, but I just can't see this looking good on warlock. You could probably get away with some sort of ritualistic grab and have it work with him though.

TheWilder
06-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Slenderman?

Banethulhu
06-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am a lovecraft fan, but I just can't see this looking good on warlock. You could probably get away with some sort of ritualistic grab and have it work with him though.

The idea of him having a black grimoire (like the necronomicon) and summoning demons from another world made me think he was fitting for some allusion towards cthulhu mythos.

though lovecraft and cthulhu mythos references are already a bit too much in dota 2 (armlet of mordiggian, necronomicon, night stalker seems to based off the creature from "the haunter in the dark", slardar is a slithreen one of the "deep ones" (it says in his lore), the Ozkavosh demons may also be inspired, warlock for reasons i've pointed out, and a few little other things seem like influences)