PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] No/less rewards for notorious leavers and griefers.

Nolf
06-03-2012, 10:31 AM
So now that we know officialy dota2 will be F2P, which opens the door for every kind of people. Even Valve acknowledges that it may really increase griefers and leavers in the games.

Q: Won't griefers and leavers ruin games by repeatedly making new accounts?
A: Similar to how we're approaching the problem of players leaving games early, we have a number of ideas to experiment with to prevent players making life hard for new players in this way. We know this is one of the big challenges we have to solve with a Free to Play game.

My suggestion is to dramatically decrease BattlePoints (BP) gain for people in low priority matchmaking. In addition to that, also dramatically decrease chance to win random item after the game ends. Either that, or simply remove any BP or item they can get from playing games.

We all know that griefers and frequent leavers need to be punished efficiently, so next time they think twice about breaking the rules. If Valve will be soft on them, you can bet they will not hesitate to ruin the game experience for other players again.

tl:dr
Option A) Decrease BP rewards and item rewards by 60-80% for people in low priority matchmaking.
Option B) Completely remove rewarding BP and items for people in low priority matchmaking.

MeatShake
06-03-2012, 01:09 PM
The punishments tend to be themed as far as I know, muting for harassment, longer queue for leavers, etc. If we have a problem with farmers or the like then maybe- if you feed I suppose it would relate to get less reward for a game you potentially threw.

Nolf
06-03-2012, 09:24 PM
The punishments tend to be themed as far as I know, muting for harassment, longer queue for leavers, etc. If we have a problem with farmers or the like then maybe- if you feed I suppose it would relate to get less reward for a game you potentially threw.

The problem is these current punishments are not deterring the leavers/harassers at all. Current punishment is way too soft and it needs to be hardened. Dota 2 will be free to play, you can not imagine how many people will get in and and ruin other people's game just because they can.

MikeyBooT12
06-03-2012, 10:04 PM
a leaver got an item.
a feeder got a rare item.
a troll who jungled all game without teamfights got a rare item too.
me and other people who has +k/d and had good performance got none...

the RNG fukin sucks right now. they have to fix it

Malvodion
06-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Those who play the game only to ruin the fun of others shouldn't get less items. They should completly loose the access to the beta, and maybe even lose the right to play it when it's released. Ofcourse it would need a good amount of it to "win" such prize.