PDA

View Full Version : Customization for Wards

Evil Andrex
06-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Not quite sure if this has been suggested yet but as a support player, I would love customizable wards.

One of the ideas my clan has come up with is a Sun/Moon bundle. A Sun for observers and a moon for sentries.

The models can either be floating while being decently large (to allow them to draw the same attention as normal wards) or put on pedestals (once again to follow on the attention grabbing aspects of normal wards).

Another idea for wards is to allow them to be strange and allow them to count heroes sighted. It would count heroes sighted that normally would be impossible to see (in fog, invisible, etc).

Jindor
06-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Well since it comes down to how many freaking custome items will implement...
I would like to see wards that grow roots when they get planted, just to look nice^^

bradwong
06-05-2012, 12:46 AM
personality cores skin for wards would be nice.

BadassFreeman
06-05-2012, 01:34 AM
personality cores skin for wards would be nice.

No, please. Valve should ONLY add items that look like from the original Lore, or from Warcraft III, and shit.

Or do you think that those Cores from Portal 2 look like from there?

Seriously, that's the same problem TF2 had once. They said "Only upload items that look Western-like", but then we had a shit-load of Laser weapons and weird hats.

Yarito
06-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Not bad) I like it :)

Destructoboy
06-05-2012, 02:32 AM
bump

OhDatsApplesMate
06-05-2012, 02:36 AM
You know what they say: the more the merrier!
Sounds like fun to me
+1 Like it.

Malvodion
06-05-2012, 04:23 AM
bump
Don't pointlessly post "bump" in threads, that is Not how the forums work.

Back on topic: you people seriously want customisation for wards? realy? (who would stop to watch the wards in the middle of a match?)

Lirlond
06-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Who wouldn't? Wards are the most important item in the game, if you haven't spent /some/ time looking at a ward then I'm sorry but you're not playing very well.

ryceg
06-05-2012, 05:27 AM
+1, good idea.

numaniel
06-05-2012, 06:56 AM
+1

Makal
06-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Don't pointlessly post "bump" in threads, that is Not how the forums work.

Back on topic: you people seriously want customisation for wards? realy? (who would stop to watch the wards in the middle of a match?)

I want. I would not "stop" to watch the wards, but it is a nice cosmetic change (I liked the Sun/Moon bundle). If aesthetic isn't important, we should have a red/blue box, as long as it was named "Observer Ward" and "Sentry Ward".

trena99
06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah. I agree. However what do you think? 1 set for both wards (just change color)
Or 2 separate sets for wards.

ElePL
06-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes for curiosity cores from Portal :)

weebletns
06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
I would buy custom wards (which is more than I can say for anything in the shop right now), but I think it should be one item that changes both observer and sentry wards at once. That way the pairs will always be consistent.

Monsterlord
06-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah. I agree. However what do you think? 1 set for both wards (just change color)
Or 2 separate sets for wards.

I would say one set to change both types of wards. It would clash horribly otherwise, and generally be a bad idea.

Can you imagine if couriers had to be bought in flying and grounded versions?

Eejit
06-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Yep, I've suggested the idea myself, should help encourage people to buy and place them.

I would say one set to change both types of wards. It would clash horribly otherwise, and generally be a bad idea.

Can you imagine if couriers had to be bought in flying and grounded versions?

It can clash horribly anyway, wards from different players....

Evil Andrex
06-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I would be okay with a bundle for both type of wards. Thanks for the support.

VALVE, ITS TIME!