PDA

View Full Version : Do you think A hawaiian shirt for Nature's Prophet would be acceptible?

Baysie
06-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Inspired from a friend of mines affinity for hawaiian shirts and Cyborgmatt's sunglasses Nature, do you think it would be appropriate for Dota? I mean, he's a hippy, and has a surfer voice of sorts, it just seems it would fit him perfectly. Currently the items for him seem lackluster for the most part, most of them look pretty similar when you're not comparing it to his actual model. While it might be pushing on the edge, it doesn't seem to over the top. I particularly had invisioned the orange one with white flowers. Pehaps it could have matching sunglasses? Not too sure how people would react but I guess I'll wait and see.

Irrelevante
06-05-2012, 02:25 AM
No, I don't think it's acceptable.

PS. Custom items are there as a complement of the hero's theme/lore, the sunglasses are in the workshop but have yet to be added in-game.

numaniel
06-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Would be awesome! :)

ryceg
06-05-2012, 05:26 AM
I don't like the idea. Nature's Prophet's current sets aren't that different from the stock because... that's the point. They fit the color scheme, and the style. A shirt is breaking the style, the color theme, and the aesthetics of the hero and the game.

numaniel
06-05-2012, 05:37 AM
I don't like the idea. Nature's Prophet's current sets aren't that different from the stock because... that's the point. They fit the color scheme, and the style. A shirt is breaking the style, the color theme, and the aesthetics of the hero and the game.

Yeah cause the cowboy ursa totally fits the style :D

Timbonator
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Nope, not acceptable at all. I have yet to find a hippy in the world of Dota.

dresmasher
06-05-2012, 04:21 PM
would be gay imo, everyone is so desperate to turn this game into a circus, let's see how long the "decency" bounds last before they get overrun by the "community"...

rbazo
06-05-2012, 04:24 PM
No.

kinkyfalcon
06-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Anyone who says it doesn't fit the lore needs to read the flipping lore.
It's crap.

A green rock and red rock fighting it out using heroes, half of which come from a different dimension and fight because they fight.

Don't know why people care so much, if I'm willing to pay for a chicken suit for Axe then that should be fine.

Kolaris
06-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Don't know why people care so much, if I'm willing to pay for a chicken suit for Axe then that should be fine.

If Valve lets me turn off seeing it, I don't care at all.

Birrywong
06-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Brilliant Idea. Would buy this and the sunglasses instantly.

Zacharybinx34
06-06-2012, 03:08 AM
DO IT!

Glufamichel
06-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Would be neat, IF done properly, and it sticks with his general colour scheme. In regard of the lore: well, he travels around a lot with his teleport eh?

omegadon3
06-06-2012, 03:22 AM
Nope

Nemozini
06-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Dota 2 workshop should be more strict than TF2 imo.

DarkLite
06-06-2012, 04:24 AM
Yeah cause the cowboy ursa totally fits the style :D

Someone direct me to where they're selling that.

MrBRAD
06-07-2012, 12:45 AM
It is truly saddening to see how many people actively want ridiculous trash in this game.

Salset
06-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Are you guys really so boring? It would be super cool to see heroes with sunglasses and some other weird stuff as well! Or you want some "story-based,relying on 1 style" customization item. Like in this (http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=39035) thread, where the author wanted the items to stick to the original style and schemes. It's ridiculous! What fun would it be for ALL THE ITEMS TO BE slightly different from one another, just cuz of this brainwashed idea to be sticking to the "old-school". If you really have problems with fun items go outside and play, as well as widen your views, and be more original. Maybe then you would appreciate these ideas.

D2P.Nexus
06-07-2012, 01:29 AM
It is truly saddening to see how many people actively want ridiculous trash in this game.

This.

Also can't wait to see Santa Pudge and Riki as a clown. Oh and yeah, Lina as a Cindarela.

Nerdstick
06-07-2012, 01:59 AM
This.

Also can't wait to see Santa Pudge and Riki as a clown. Oh and yeah, Lina as a Cindarela.

Take that back.

http://www.gs-media.de/img/storage/1139.png
http://media.steampowered.com/apps/dota2/posts/pudge_mistletoe.jpg

m4rx
06-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Inspired from a friend of mines affinity for hawaiian shirts and Cyborgmatt's sunglasses Nature, do you think it would be appropriate for Dota? I mean, he's a hippy, and has a surfer voice of sorts, it just seems it would fit him perfectly. Currently the items for him seem lackluster for the most part, most of them look pretty similar when you're not comparing it to his actual model. While it might be pushing on the edge, it doesn't seem to over the top. I particularly had invisioned the orange one with white flowers. Pehaps it could have matching sunglasses? Not too sure how people would react but I guess I'll wait and see.
Dota 2 not need lore or storyline but Dota 2 is A-RTS e-sport scene more focused to team works and strategy....So cosmestic items is a feature to make more addictive...