PDA

View Full Version : Add "Premium" to Dota 2 Store

Random
06-07-2012, 01:15 AM
As you all should know, there's "premium" in Dota 2 which grants 20 pages of backpack instead of the normal 2. You can call this a backpack expander or something. I would like to suggest adding a "Premium" Dota 2 Gift in store whereas when the user activates the gift, he or she will become premium instantly (backpack expands to 20 pages).

Why?

1) Some people like my friends doesnt own a credit card or a paypal account and because of Valve's "1 Paypal per Account" policy, I can't help them to add funds. But what I could do is buy the "Premium" gift for them and they can become premium that way.

2) Why do they need premium? For the 20 pages of backpack of course. As you all should know F2P Dota 2 players only have 2 pages. Right now they are already up to 1 and a half page of items (not chests) and sooner they will reach 2 pages full and will need more then that. What can they do? To prevent the trouble of transfering an item to some other account to store and transfer back when needed to use, why don't they sell premium so that us, people with credit cards/paypal can help them achieve the 20 pages of backpack for their good.

3) TF2 had something similar as this too. Whoever got a Team Fortress 2 gift and activates it gets premium instantly. Right now they can achieve premium by activating "The Orange Box". So I think Dota 2 should sell their premium for $0.99.

WHY 0.99$?

- Helps their sales/earnings
- Helps people without Paypal/Credit Card

= Helps alot

Win-Win situation, you sell the Dota 2 Premium Gift, I buy for my friend without premium, you earn money, my friend gets premium with 20 pages of backpack, you happy, he happy, everyone's happy.

Nerdstick
06-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Smart-alick question: Why can't you send them the money to their paypal?

Bear in mind that the minimum steam charge is $5, so for each of these that are purchased it could be a loss of an extra $4 that would otherwise be added to their steam account.

Trex
06-07-2012, 02:34 AM
maybe we could buy giftable coupon of 5$ balance that add the money when used and let the guy becoming premium ?

moon02
06-07-2012, 04:23 AM
They have Valve steam cards for people who dont use paypal and credit card.
I just hope they come to SEA soon cause i want to have those promotional items for the upcoming games.

Do you think they'll make assassins creed promo item?

Random
06-07-2012, 04:27 AM
yes they do have the cards but only at gamestop which is USA only. so its hard for sea people.

moon02
06-07-2012, 04:56 AM
Ya thats why we hope it comes soon.
And the purpose of those steam cards are to introduce people that dont have credit card to buy in steam.
I don't think its going to help them to add a feature to bypass adding a possible customer.

But who knows it is Valve.

m4rx
06-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Ya thats why we hope it comes soon.
And the purpose of those steam cards are to introduce people that dont have credit card to buy in steam.
I don't think its going to help them to add a feature to bypass adding a possible customer.

But who knows it is Valve.
Maybe for SEA Area we will enjoy Steam Card on 2015 not after release this game because Valve Time...

Agreed with OP. I want Valve Please make clarification about Premium member in Dota 2.....

Mooshoo
06-07-2012, 06:02 AM
You can just buy a single item in the store to get Premium, like TF2.
I bought a key for a chest and now i have 20 pages. Its Valves strategy to get people buying stuff, and its okay. Because DotA gonna be free to play and is still damn awesome.

m4rx
06-07-2012, 06:15 AM
I bought a key for a chest and now i have 20 pages. Its Valves strategy to get people buying stuff, and its okay. Because DotA gonna be free to play and is still damn awesome.
Yeah i know about that but i want for free member please make non-tradeable items before become premium member like in TF2...

Frost
06-07-2012, 06:51 PM
yes they do have the cards but only at gamestop which is USA only. so its hard for sea people.
VISA Credit/Debit cards are easy to come by in SEA. I use my debit card to purchase stuff from steam fairly often. Just tell him to contact his bank.

MDuh
06-07-2012, 06:56 PM
I hope valve will make those steam wallet card goes globally when dota 2 is released

HMAN911
06-07-2012, 09:10 PM
What makes you think there will be a premium option?

Jomz
06-08-2012, 03:53 AM

+1 xD ..

and I agree with this suggestion :P

Random
06-08-2012, 08:11 AM
What makes you think there will be a premium option?

If you take your time and read, theres already "premium" for dota 2 granted upon purchase. ATM it expands your backpack to 20 pages.