PDA

View Full Version : New Customization Items - Team Creep Reskins

Joe Mantis
06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I'd like to suggest a new customization type, which replaces the team's creeps with special reskins that a player equips.
Note that they will only be visual and retain all mechanics of regular creeps, both melee and ranged.

Examples are Dwarven Warriors for Sniper, Spiders for Broodmother, Robots for Tinker, Wolves for Lycan, Eidolons for Enigma, Seamen for Kunkka, Ogres for Ogre Magi and so forth.

Due to such a drastic visual change, these could be very expensive/extremely rare, but very worth it.
What say you?

Frost
06-07-2012, 06:48 PM
No.

Red``
06-07-2012, 06:55 PM
YES!

i want the following:

ninja creeps
zombie creeps
pirate creeps
enigma creeps
shark creeps
turtle creeps
heavily armored creeps
camo creeps
flaming creeps

I think it will bring nice flavor!

Makal
06-08-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't know how this would work. If I have one skin, and another team member have another, which one would be used?

Malvodion
06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
YES!

i want the following:

ninja creeps
zombie creeps
pirate creeps
enigma creeps
shark creeps
turtle creeps
heavily armored creeps
camo creeps
flaming creeps

Good lord no.

Xezko
06-08-2012, 09:54 AM
I think that conflicts too much with the lore.
btw, how will you decide which ones are visible when the 5 players on the team have 5 differents creep skins activatated?

VenomBHz
06-08-2012, 09:57 AM
YES!

i want the following:

ninja creeps
zombie creeps
pirate creeps
enigma creeps
shark creeps
turtle creeps
heavily armored creeps
camo creeps
flaming creeps

OMG, THE HORROR!!!!

Joe Mantis
06-08-2012, 10:18 AM
YES!

i want the following:

ninja creeps
zombie creeps
pirate creeps
enigma creeps
shark creeps
turtle creeps
heavily armored creeps
camo creeps
flaming creeps

That is going waaay overboard.

But anyway I think it will decide which skin to activate by either first player to activate thiers, or by the amount of Battle Points the player has. Or however the courier reskins are currently determined. As I said earlier these will be probably rather rare/expensive because of such a big impact they have so I think it would be rare for an entire team to each have one of these items.
They're already going to include different Announcers (like dr. kleiner) so why not having creeps themed after a certain hero? And since any side can choose dire/radiant heroes anyway I doubt it would conflict with the lore of radiant vs. dire.

Red``
06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
The way creeps will be skinned is determined by creep waves.

So blue player gets first.
Yellow get second, orange third.. so on and so forth.

nicoman
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Courrier skin works by whoever buys the courrier, really simple and it makes sense. This idea is just not practical or really worth it IMO.

Makal
06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I agree with costumes which affect YOUR hero/units/skills/itens, but anything that change the skin of COMMON UNITS or other elements (like the color of the ground, for example) should not be allowed.

Martin Andrei
06-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Creeps are a little confusing to change all the time,and kinda annoying imo.
However I could like a tower skin cosmetics.As long as it is not something t out-of theme.

Timbonator
06-09-2012, 05:27 AM
No.

Ponto
06-09-2012, 05:48 AM
No.