PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Make a courier morph button.

Airith
06-10-2012, 07:45 AM
similar to the dota morph, but it can only morph between courier skins someone on the team owns.
I bought a courier (expensive imo, but hey, wanna support the game), the problem is that more times than not I play random and not necessarily get one who I'd buy courier with and thus, won't be able to see my awesome new courier.

example:
Player A has the Boar
Player B has the Badger
Player C has no courier
Player D has no courier
Player E has Stumpy and Badger

Player C buys courier
Courier has morph button with Boar, Badger and Stumpy available.

Something along those lines anyway, thoughts?
Edit: also, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.

Cocofang
06-10-2012, 09:27 AM
If you random just buy one from the bonus gold and procede like normal.

Everytime I solo mid >I buy a courier/ward since you are lucky to get both in a pub anyway (and to thank my team for not picking 3 solos and a carry)

Airith
06-10-2012, 10:06 AM
yea, next time I go <insert carry>, I'll tell that <insert support> who is going to buy courier/wards: "NO! who buy courier depends on who got the coolest skin available, go support pro games scrub"
Seriously though, thanks for your valuable contribution. I was hoping for something more along the lines of "I like the idea, that way you get to have those fancy cool skin custom courier pretty much every game" or "Bad idea, then less people will buy custom couriers since some people will expect others to have".
Edit: Thanks for the bump though.

rasielll
06-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Nope.

Origin
06-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Agreed

weebletns
06-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I would hate to buy a shiny custom courier from the shop, go support and buy the courier for the team, and have a teammate instantly switch the courier to something else. Let them buy their own courier to show off what they bought; I think whoever buys the courier gets the only say in what the courier looks like.

Porre
06-10-2012, 04:04 PM
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=39286&highlight=courier

chojje
06-10-2012, 04:20 PM
No, I dont like this. If you buy the courier you should have the honor of having your special courier, and nobody elses.

Airith
06-10-2012, 05:51 PM
oh well, not gonna buy any more couriers then that's for sure xD

Cocofang
06-11-2012, 01:17 AM
That way you'll get wars about which courier is displayed.

Sooo... Just buy it.

Airith
06-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Not gonna buy a courier skin if there is a 20% chance I'm buying courier in game and that is the only way they are getting displayed, they are like 6euro+, and no I'm not going to pick support just so I can display my 6 euro skin every game.
Also, in what world would people have "wars" on what custom skin to be shown xD I'm sorry but that's just so far away from my perception of reality I can't understand something like that could ever occur.

weebletns
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Not gonna buy a courier skin if there is a 20% chance I'm buying courier in game and that is the only way they are getting displayed, they are like 6euro+, and no I'm not going to pick support just so I can display my 6 euro skin every game.
Also, in what world would people have "wars" on what custom skin to be shown xD I'm sorry but that's just so far away from my perception of reality I can't understand something like that could ever occur.

If you can't image people having wars about custom courier skins then you've never used public matchmaking... I can imagine as much contention about this as there is about who gets mid.

Also, I don't think you are supposed to go support because you bought a courier- rather, you buy a courier because you play a lot of support. If you're more of a carry person, it would be a waste of money to buy a custom courier.

Airith
06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Also, I don't think you are supposed to go support because you bought a courier- rather, you buy a courier because you play a lot of support. If you're more of a carry person, it would be a waste of money to buy a custom courier.
And here I thought valve wanted my money, how stupid of me ^^

Cocofang
06-11-2012, 11:39 PM
And it's not like buying a courier suddenly makes you a support. It's a measly 170 gold pretty much doable for everyone. Especially in pubs where there is no fixed support anyway.

Airith
06-12-2012, 02:44 AM
I'm aware, but quite honestly, people argue about who buys courier in maybe 1/10 games or less. I see no reason to buy courier when I play solo mid or carry or whatever and we already have a crystal maiden/venge/chenge/whatever who wants to buy courier.(it's also 150gold, but that's besides the point).
I also often queue up with people I know often where we briefly discuss best candidate to buy courier. Lets just say I rarely if ever feel the need to buy courier unless I get a good support on random.

Edit: or because I insist on showing off my fancy courier.

Nemozini
06-12-2012, 03:18 AM
change skin depending on who calls it?

Mittsies
06-12-2012, 03:51 AM
No thanks, it would cause a war between idiotic players on which courier they should use.

Airith
06-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Well, if people are willing to have wars about what skin is on the courier I'm fairly certain the entire game(the game they are in, not dota2 as a whole) is doomed from the get go, I'm sure those people currently have even more craptastic stuff to showcase great sportsmanship with.
I guess you are one of those people who believe a surrender system will change anything(other than the ability to end games earlier) as well xD

Dkwj
06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Lol don't see how this will cause a war on which courier they should use, unless those people are retards.

Happening in HoN, D1 had multiple couriers too. Haven't seen any quarrels before.