PDA

View Full Version : Keys for Commends!

ItsRed
06-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Everyone is gathering many treasure chests, and the idea of spending money to open them all isn't exacly appealing to some. What about awarding a treasure key after so many (5-10) commends? Or even make it a random commend drop? Seems like a win-win to me. Creates a better community and more rewards with less treasure chests everywhere.

TiTi
06-10-2012, 08:31 AM
bad idea, it would just increase the dumb-commend, like "i don't know the guy but i commend to have something"...
That's because we have no tools to check if a commend is actually a "true" one, if the situation improves, it could be a valid option.

ivan.todorovich
06-10-2012, 08:51 AM
The idea of spending money to open them is what makes the game profitable for Valve while leaving the game F2P.

Cosmetics won't give you any in-game advantage. So really if you don't want to pay for the game, don't buy them.

ItsRed
06-10-2012, 08:56 AM
If they limit commends (as it was set up with 6) this will remove the unearned commend. Also the drop rate on keys would be low enough that you could never have enough keys for your chests. What other incentive to people have to earn commends? Valve wants to create a good community. Dota is anything but a welcoming community. This might help move it towards a more friendly game.

obro
06-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Exploitable as f*uck

Yarito
06-10-2012, 09:26 AM

TheWilder
06-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Let me guess, are you one of those idiots that have 300+ commends with 100 games played?

terrible idea for F2P game

Di Es
06-10-2012, 07:31 PM
bad idea, it would just increase the dumb-commend, like "i don't know the guy but i commend to have something"...
That's because we have no tools to check if a commend is actually a "true" one, if the situation improves, it could be a valid option.

agree with this one. lots of player alrdy trading for commend. if that happens there will be more player trading commends for non sense.

Malvodion
06-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Terrible idea. People would exploit it to no end, and no one would ever buy keys from the shop, giving the company a notable loss.