PDA

View Full Version : Ward placement issues.

phyzlx1
11-14-2011, 01:32 AM
It seems that there are quite a bit of "invalid ward spots" wherever I am used to placing wards in dota/hon. This is mostly on top of certain very high hills. One is the cliff right above top rune. There are many spots on that cliff that will simply not alolow me to place a ward and there is no sort of indicator saying that it is an invalid spot before I place the ward.

goochie
11-14-2011, 11:07 PM
+1

kingboob
11-15-2011, 02:21 AM
Hmm havnt had any problems with this acctualy, maybe its just beacuse im using "the same old pnes."

BLABLAFU
11-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Your problem is that HoN allowed wards to be placed anywhere, which resulted in some strong ward places.

All wards that were placeable in DotA1 are also placeable in Dota2 from what I tested.

dofeer
11-16-2011, 10:18 PM
OP is true. Some places of map cannot be warded "invalid ward spots". I hope they will see this and fix. Hoping we can place ward anywhere. Whether it's ward messup or proper or new ward place...

phyzlx1
11-16-2011, 10:55 PM
@Blablafu
What you say is true. However, in the instance of the cliff right above top rune (a proper ward spot in both dota and hon) it is very specific as to where you can or cannot place the ward. Sometimes I have to click 4 to 5 times before that thing actually goes up. It shouldn't matter if I placed it in the dead center or 50 units to the left/above it.

Krankor
11-19-2011, 01:15 AM
+1

PSIDefenseUp
11-19-2011, 03:32 AM
It'd be nice if there was some sort of visual indication of invalid ward spots, just to make it easier for the warding player.

That'd make it even easier to spot errors in ward places as well, if there are any.

Powersweine
11-21-2011, 09:01 AM
True, and a indicator red/green for invalid/valid would be nice on the icon when you mouse over different areas would be nice.

poochop
11-21-2011, 10:16 AM
I think it's just because they made the visuals of the cliffs too big. The ward spots are the same as in DotA, but the cliff just looks extra big, so you can't place it on the edge as much as you'd like to. I think it should be fixed if it's not too big of a problem to reduce the sizes of the cliffs.

mindfaQ
11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
imo the warding is a bit unforgiving, if you are only slightly off from the normal ward place, the ward could be placed at the possible place instead of giving back an error. Imo the cliff edges seem wider than in dota 1, thats why I also sometime get the error back and have to click some times till i get to the accepted spot. I guess I am getting used to it, but a little error margin could be included imo.