Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

We need new fresh bots. Come on. This can be accomplished via updates

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We need new fresh bots. Come on. This can be accomplished via updates

    I am sick of meeting viper, sven, necrolyte and the others all you know every fuckin' game. I am sick of people who starts a game without reading any guide or beneficial material to grasp some knowledge, thus feeding bots terribly and every second game make me frustrated against well fed bots. Super duper slower viper with everything sucking my life energy. unless i have team mates who knows how to control everything from heroes to mini map awareness, i just get raped due to weak allies.

  • #2
    Solution -> Get good, I can stomp the bots 1 vs 5 even if they have a couple of extra kills.

    Comment


    • #3
      You could play Matchmaking too. Bots are primarily a learning tool, but also good for testing builds. But I wouldn't compare a bot to even a terrible player. They straight up have lapses in their AI that prevent them from doing anything intelligent at times. Such as getting yourself just out of the range of Viper's Orb attack. If you can get just out of his range before he can cast it, he will literally just chase you until he can cast it. So easy to make him kill himself at level 1 diving your tower before he ever hits you with an attack. Even the dumbest of players would never do that. Another instance is Earthshaker diving an enemy base to stun with Enchant Totem on an enemy, then block himself in their base by using Fissure, the spell that has been off cool down for a whole minute.

      If you're not comfortable playing with real players on the enemy team, you should look for people to party with that won't rage at you for making stupid decisions or mistakes. I only play bots when I don't feel like playing with stressed out players who worry too much about their MM ranking. Honestly, don't worry about MM ranking, if that's the problem. If you're a competent player you will eventually dig yourself out of complete newbie tier if that's the issue. Just ignore the enemy players if they talk smack. There is a mute option on the scoreboard.
      This ain't ova.

      Comment


      • #4
        The problem is i do not have a team to dig in and in pub games, people i get matched up are either disconnect, leave or feed. This did not change which enforced me to play with bots.

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't need a "team" per se. Look on reddit.com/r/dota2guilds for a guild of players in your skill bracket, or look at other dota communities for players that want to actually play.
          This ain't ova.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sickness84 View Post
            I am sick of meeting viper, sven, necrolyte and the others all you know every fuckin' game. I am sick of people who starts a game without reading any guide or beneficial material to grasp some knowledge, thus feeding bots terribly and every second game make me frustrated against well fed bots. Super duper slower viper with everything sucking my life energy. unless i have team mates who knows how to control everything from heroes to mini map awareness, i just get raped due to weak allies.
            That's what bot games are created for - for new players to practice until they don't suck at basics. Did you really expect only hardcore and experienced players playing against bots?
            Try Co-op bot mode with hard or unfair bots.
            Last edited by Keowee; 09-20-2013, 02:43 PM.
            Remember, remember the 1st of November

            Comment


            • #7
              they are so fucking stupid
              i am tired of this shit
              please, update them
              3 mekas in the team, 0 reaction on blackholes/hookshots or other initiation, 0 help when you asking, fuckin chase under t4 towers, when even t1 is there.
              fuck this shit.

              Comment


              • #8
                Does anyone else remember when Dota 2 got proper updates and Bot guy ALWAYS delivered. Now we never get bot updates and never get new heroeos.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Can Valve explain this CATASTROPHE?


                  Yeah this is a bot game. Such another silly game which i got matched up with aliens. They did not listen to me but jumped onto enemies ALONE NUMEROUS TIMES. Eventually sniper bot got everything but his team DEFEATED by my logic. i know i suck at DP however used her swarm to split push lanes EVERYTIME even i got sick of it. Those idiots called me 'fool' or something cos i did not assist them in fights. Really? they just move towards towers and attack all 5 ALL LONE! After 65 mins i started to sacrifice myself to let them end the game. (i had to buy BoT for this and did) We won the BLOODY STUPID GAME WHICH I WASTED MY 75 mins.

                  http://i39.tinypic.com/29qm521.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by zzzealot View Post
                    they are so fucking stupid
                    i am tired of this shit
                    please, update them
                    3 mekas in the team, 0 reaction on blackholes/hookshots or other initiation, 0 help when you asking, fuckin chase under t4 towers, when even t1 is there.
                    fuck this shit.
                    On the other hand, if YOU want to land a blackhole, good fucking luck with that, you will need a black king bar asap. It doesnt matter if you have a blink dagger, if youre playing against hard bots, they will stun you as soon you blink in.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sickness84 View Post
                      Can Valve explain this CATASTROPHE?


                      Yeah this is a bot game. Such another silly game which i got matched up with aliens. They did not listen to me but jumped onto enemies ALONE NUMEROUS TIMES. Eventually sniper bot got everything but his team DEFEATED by my logic. i know i suck at DP however used her swarm to split push lanes EVERYTIME even i got sick of it. Those idiots called me 'fool' or something cos i did not assist them in fights. Really? they just move towards towers and attack all 5 ALL LONE! After 65 mins i started to sacrifice myself to let them end the game. (i had to buy BoT for this and did) We won the BLOODY STUPID GAME WHICH I WASTED MY 75 mins.

                      http://i39.tinypic.com/29qm521.jpg
                      There are 2 ways to win against bots:
                      1. Be extremely aggressive at the laning stage.
                      2. Split-push.
                      Your allies chose the first strategy with Jakiro being the only guy with disables in your team. Against Tiny-Sven-Lina chain stun and burst damage. Nuff said.

                      Are you trying Co-op mode with hard bots as I suggested? Most competent players are there and don't let Sniper bot even upgrade his boots.
                      Originally posted by whaleye View Post
                      Does anyone else remember when Dota 2 got proper updates and Bot guy ALWAYS delivered. Now we never get bot updates and never get new heroeos.
                      We got our 20-hero pool for tutorials, mission accomplished. Sad, but true.
                      Remember, remember the 1st of November

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X