Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Dropping cosmetical items in bots matches

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dropping cosmetical items in bots matches

    Do you think it would be possible to drop cosmetical items in bot matches, in the future, following thoses conditions:
    -All slots must be filled (1 player, remaining is bots)
    -Drop occur at the medium,hard, unfair difficulty
    -Tournament mode, no handicap
    -Drops only randomly occur at the end of the match (leaving the game will not trigger the drop)
    -Other conditions mimicking the pubs setup as close as possible
    -Maybe a longer drop timer.

    If it works and that mode is geared to be safe of any farming exploit,
    it would be a good incentive to play/train, before challenging the pubs.

  • #2
    1). find a co-op bot match
    2). ...
    3). profit
    Sorry for my bad English.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by flm404 View Post
      1). find a co-op bot match
      2). ...
      3). profit
      Problem is, you'll end up sometimes with terrible teammates, just like players vs players.

      A 1 player vs full bots would allow players that can't take the metagaming to enjoy the game...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by KSnarl View Post
        Problem is, you'll end up sometimes with terrible teammates, just like players vs players.

        A 1 player vs full bots would allow players that can't take the metagaming to enjoy the game...
        This would be too open to abuse by players (item farmers) just loading up private lobbies, starting a game and filling the remaining slots with bots, then leaving the computer and not even playing the match. It's seems a bit silly. I can't see them allowing it in practice games.

        The whole point of Dota is playing with other people as a team, whether against other people, or just together as a team against bots in a co-op game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KSnarl View Post
          Problem is, you'll end up sometimes with terrible teammates, just like players vs players.
          At least it will only be sometimes, instead of every all bot game When the bots hive mind gets disrupted by a player on their team, it gets pretty bad.

          Comment


          • #6
            @IronMask: Farming can be avoided simply by dropping the item at the end of the match, win or loss, with a duration cap of 20 minutes.
            (as long as the player don't leave the match it cannot be farmed)

            Comment


            • #7
              @Psalm: You noticed this too haha. Razor and Tiny punching their spell at the exact same second, while your teammate bot doesn't do anything (he don't know what you're up to)
              But at least, they don't trashtalk!

              Comment


              • #8
                Dropping item in 1 player with bots would be an incentive to play the game before trying the real "hard" mode (full player mode)
                Of course there will be conditions to prevent auto farming, and the items dropping system would be different to keep the main mode's value.
                With this, beginning the game or digging a new hero is possible without risking to ruin a full human match
                (as the items are what drag the players in the main mode)

                Comment


                • #9
                  This was an issue with TF2 I believe, where you would just have players creating empty servers and idle on it for a night. If I remember correctly, they had to limit the number of drops per week to something like 7 because people were getting 100s by creating a bunch of account to idle on a single server, resulting in several hundred items a week.

                  The fact that Valve has implemented items in Dota 2 to only become available to players when they play with other people speaks for itself. It's a self regulating thing as other players will report afkers/people that don't do anything or feed. Said players will go to low priority where items do not drop. Having 1 player vs bots mode opens the door for exploiting the item system. Furthermore, they want to promote playing with people. Playing with/against bots will only get you so far. If I only played against bots I would go mad.
                  This ain't ova.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by squinte View Post
                    This was an issue with TF2 I believe, where you would just have players creating empty servers and idle on it for a night. If I remember correctly, they had to limit the number of drops per week to something like 7 because people were getting 100s by creating a bunch of account to idle on a single server, resulting in several hundred items a week.

                    The fact that Valve has implemented items in Dota 2 to only become available to players when they play with other people speaks for itself. It's a self regulating thing as other players will report afkers/people that don't do anything or feed. Said players will go to low priority where items do not drop. Having 1 player vs bots mode opens the door for exploiting the item system. Furthermore, they want to promote playing with people. Playing with/against bots will only get you so far. If I only played against bots I would go mad.
                    It's not ideable, you'll have to play vs the bots (and win or lose) to get the drops.
                    If you launch the match 1+4 bots vs 5 bots, then let it idle, with the dota 2 mechanics, you would get an abandonment, that doesn't get you any drops
                    (the actual bug which still gives items to leavers/abandon is supposed to be fixed later).

                    And that mode isn't for playing only vs bots everytime, that 1-7 bots mode would get items less often than full human match...

                    There is simply times when you have a good day and don't want it ruined by a metaspeak match,
                    or when you want to try new heroes with an incentive without messing with your teammates.
                    Last edited by KSnarl; 10-31-2012, 01:11 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just lose to the bots to get the items? Sure i just use my rightclick macro and send my lvl 1 hero feeding and go afk. Then i come back and start a new game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I understand your points. But, current bot games are already too easy, you may as well just ask for items to be regularly delivered to your inventory instead, say, 1 per half hour?

                        This is a team-based game, single player mode is purely for training and personal enjoyment. Not something to be encouraged / comparable to normal matchmaking.

                        (No offence to you or people playing with bots, I myself am one that play almost exclusively because I suck bad.)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KSnarl View Post
                          or when you want to try new heroes with an incentive without messing with your teammates.
                          so getting better at the game isn't incentive enough?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kajiya View Post
                            Just lose to the bots to get the items? Sure i just use my rightclick macro and send my lvl 1 hero feeding and go afk. Then i come back and start a new game.
                            If the game evaluate how good you play, the same way it evaluate your hero in your profile, that kind of farming can be avoided...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by endario View Post
                              I understand your points. But, current bot games are already too easy, you may as well just ask for items to be regularly delivered to your inventory instead, say, 1 per half hour?

                              This is a team-based game, single player mode is purely for training and personal enjoyment. Not something to be encouraged / comparable to normal matchmaking.

                              (No offence to you or people playing with bots, I myself am one that play almost exclusively because I suck bad.)
                              If you play in easy/medium mode that is!
                              Hard/Unfair is something else, and there's still room to improve the AI!

                              I'd like to play vs bots when i can't afford being reported/retaliated..!
                              Last edited by KSnarl; 11-02-2012, 05:10 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X