Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Play Diretide/Greeviling with bots!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Play Diretide/Greeviling with bots!

    You can play diretide and greeviling modes with the bots now that games are hosted locally, via the console (currently only in the test build, goes live later this week):
    diretide: dota_start_ai_game 1; dota_force_gamemode 7; map dota_diretide_12
    greeviling: dota_start_ai_game 1; dota_force_gamemode 9; map dota_winter

    The Bots are pretty bad at it though :P
    Last edited by Aikari Tsero; 02-28-2013, 07:39 AM.

  • #2
    Can we play this on a party?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Zerei View Post
      Can we play this on a party?
      You'll have to host a dedicated server, but yes you can.
      Here's a guide for it: https://github.com/Matheus28/SourceM...a-local-server

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Arxos View Post
        You'll have to host a dedicated server, but yes you can.
        Here's a guide for it: https://github.com/Matheus28/SourceM...a-local-server
        Thank you! Will try that. A friend didnt have a computer at the time of the event. and couldnt play.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry for necro... but how you can play this in a private lobby?


          Hoping for her release.


          ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give REAL South American Servers!

          Tinker Balance Thread

          Comment


          • #6
            Using the new local lobby system I presume? Once you're all in-game the host might be able to switch the map using map dota_diretide_12, but to be fair I suspect it'll just kick everyone else off the server as the host left.
            Since Diretide isn't a proper option in the menu I suspect you're still gonna have to go with hosting a dedicated server and running it with the commands in the OP.

            Someone might be able to modify some game files to add the option though, that's the only way I see it happening without hosting a dedicated server.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Arxos View Post
              Using the new local lobby system I presume? Once you're all in-game the host might be able to switch the map using map dota_diretide_12, but to be fair I suspect it'll just kick everyone else off the server as the host left.
              Since Diretide isn't a proper option in the menu I suspect you're still gonna have to go with hosting a dedicated server and running it with the commands in the OP.

              Someone might be able to modify some game files to add the option though, that's the only way I see it happening without hosting a dedicated server.
              Yes! , i think i've seen something at cyborgmatt's or something else on the internet about enabling mods not yet enabled by editing file , afaik : each update released the setting to allow it will be gone , also i think if you use verify game cache it will also be gone, and i don't think this can cause you a vac ban.

              Comment


              • #8
                I wonder if somebody can answer... Anyway, I hosted my own dedicated server, now please answer me, how can i start diretide or greeviling?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fisessar View Post
                  I wonder if somebody can answer... Anyway, I hosted my own dedicated server, now please answer me, how can i start diretide or greeviling?
                  Simply add this to your srcds.exe shortcut path:
                  Diretide: -console -game dota +maxplayers 10 +dota_force_gamemode 7 +map dota_diretide_12 +clientport 27009
                  Greeviling: -console -game dota +maxplayers 10 +dota_force_gamemode 9 +map dota_winter +clientport 27009

                  The map and the river are buggy, but nothing can be done about that I don't think, it's even like that on d2ware. Which, by the way, is probably a better idea to head to if you wish to play Diretide or Greeveling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks a lot!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i have tested on main client and bugged 2013-11-06_00003.jpg

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X