Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

When on an impossible to leave spot, bots never buy TPs.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When on an impossible to leave spot, bots never buy TPs.

    As Wisp, I tried relocating a hero on my team to an impossible to leave spot, in this case the big mountain used as a sentry spot in Radiant's jungle. If they already have a TP scroll, they just use it to go back to their lane no problem, but if they don't, they endlessly stay on the cliff, never purchasing a TP scroll and bringing it over via courier, even if they have more than enough money to buy one and a flying courier. They just stand there on the rock. Obviously an edge case , but shouldn't be much trouble to program in an "I haven't moved more than 500 range in more than three minutes, something's impeding my movement, I should bring a TP scroll over and TP back to lane".

  • #2
    Similarly if they have a blink/forcestaff/whatever they wont use that to get out of the problem either

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JamesDrake View Post
      Similarly if they have a blink/forcestaff/whatever they wont use that to get out of the problem either
      I can't recall a bot with Blink ever getting stuck, but I've seen WR get stuck a few times and just Force Staff herself out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by craig3410 View Post
        As Wisp, I tried relocating a hero on my team to an impossible to leave spot, in this case the big mountain used as a sentry spot in Radiant's jungle. If they already have a TP scroll, they just use it to go back to their lane no problem, but if they don't, they endlessly stay on the cliff, never purchasing a TP scroll and bringing it over via courier, even if they have more than enough money to buy one and a flying courier. They just stand there on the rock. Obviously an edge case , but shouldn't be much trouble to program in an "I haven't moved more than 500 range in more than three minutes, something's impeding my movement, I should bring a TP scroll over and TP back to lane".
        This problem is really old
        What's new is your solution code that i think is good to unstuck bots considering the fact that bots never like to stay somewhere for more than 15 secs
        My English is not great and i know it

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rainer View Post
          This problem is really old
          What's new is your solution code that i think is good to unstuck bots considering the fact that bots never like to stay somewhere for more than 15 secs
          They know how to unstuck themselves if they got the means to, detecting whether they're stuck isn't the issue. The issue is simply that Chris hasn't coded them the behaviour to fetch a TP scroll.

          Comment

          Working...
          X