Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Confirmed] Abbadon's Borrowed Time and Blademail

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Confirmed] Abbadon's Borrowed Time and Blademail

    Expected: Attacker receives damage while Abbadon has both Borrowed Time and Blademail on
    Results: Attacker does NOT receive damage while Abbadon has both Borrowed Time and Blademail on.

    This is primarily due to Borrowed Time being a pseudo-heal skill in Dota 1 (other pseudo-heal skills include Shallow Grave, Backtrack, Refraction, and Aphotic Shield)
    ->For noobies at bug reporting, a pseudo-heal skill heals a target for the same amount of damage that they are about to take right before they take it. Borrowed Time is unique in that it heals 200% of the damage.

    Last edited by Quiesce; 07-16-2013, 08:45 AM.

  • #2
    All heals in dota 2 work the same, IMO the bug here is that the target does not get healed when hitting abaddon is he has blademail on, IMO that is an inconsistency with all other triggered heals in dota 2.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shamanics View Post
      All heals in dota 2 work the same, IMO the bug here is that the target does not get healed when hitting abaddon is he has blademail on, IMO that is an inconsistency with all other triggered heals in dota 2.
      What? How does that make any sense, why would they get healed? Unless you meant damaged, then yeah pretty much the issue here seems to be simply that blademail doesn't reflect dmg when it should.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well because you're dealing negative damage to the target... It would actually make it consistent with other triggered heals --> no lifesteal would make negative lifesteal for example.
        Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Pyros View Post
          What? How does that make any sense, why would they get healed? Unless you meant damaged, then yeah pretty much the issue here seems to be simply that blademail doesn't reflect dmg when it should.
          You are making negative damage, so you get dealt negative damage.
          Like other triggered heals, for example dispersion overcharge, you don't deal back 100% damage but only 78/80%. So with aba's ulti you don't deal damage but deal -100% damage.
          Last edited by Shamanics; 07-16-2013, 04:33 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            No, you heal the damage you're about to take. That's how it worked in Dota 1.

            Comment


            • #7
              added to sticky.
              Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

              Contributions i'd like to highlight:
              My Suggestion: Coaching System
              My Sticky: Intended Changes List
              My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Shamanics View Post
                You are making negative damage, so you get dealt negative damage.
                Like other triggered heals, for example dispersion overcharge, you don't deal back 100% damage but only 78/80%. So with aba's ulti you don't deal damage but deal -100% damage.
                What is negative damage? Does that even exist? In dota1 if you use Enfeeble on a hero that has low damage, it never goes negative, he doesn't start healing people with every attack, it is simply reduced to 0. From what Quiesce says, Triggered heals are absolutely not "negative damage", they're simply heal+damage. What I don't get is where this idea of negative damage is coming from. Regardless it's obvious from the video that Blademail should be damaging people, not healing them, as this is how it works in dota1.

                Comment


                • #9
                  But it's dota 2. It's zero damage when backtrack procs, not a pre/post heal scenario... (i.e. no lifesteal, no blademail no nothing like that). So logically it's -100% when borrowed time procs.
                  Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dota 2 is wrong. :3

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Pyros View Post
                      What is negative damage? Does that even exist? In dota1 if you use Enfeeble on a hero that has low damage, it never goes negative, he doesn't start healing people with every attack, it is simply reduced to 0. From what Quiesce says, Triggered heals are absolutely not "negative damage", they're simply heal+damage. What I don't get is where this idea of negative damage is coming from. Regardless it's obvious from the video that Blademail should be damaging people, not healing them, as this is how it works in dota1.
                      Heals are negative damage, units can deal negative damage in WC3, some units do it even in ladder like human priests, Death Knight, Paladin, obsidian statue, obsidian destroyer, etc. Normally they are called heals but they are in fact negative damage. (maybe some are an exception, but most are not.)

                      Since abaddon gets dealt negative damage, blademail should return that negative damage, it only makes sense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pyros View Post
                        it is simply reduced to 0.
                        There is no 0 damage in Warcraft 3 the lowest possible is 0.5 that's why towers that are fortified still receive 0.5 damage per attack. Dota 2 has real heals not pseudo heals that's why it is happening like that I have no idea if this is intentional or not.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This seems counter-intuitive. I'd rather consistency say that if LoA is in his ulti for he cannot reflect damage from Blademail (same with other triggered heals) It's just silly.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shamanics View Post
                            Heals are negative damage, units can deal negative damage in WC3, some units do it even in ladder like human priests, Death Knight, Paladin, obsidian statue, obsidian destroyer, etc. Normally they are called heals but they are in fact negative damage. (maybe some are an exception, but most are not.)

                            Since abaddon gets dealt negative damage, blademail should return that negative damage, it only makes sense.
                            You're stuck on the idea that heals are negative damage. They're two distinctly different things; damage reduces HP, heals restore HP.
                            It's called a pseudo-heal because it isn't just heal, it's both damage and heal.
                            There are such things as negative damage (and even heals [see Heartstopper Aura way back when]). They do the same thing a heal does, but they aren't heals.
                            Besides, Blademail only returns damage between some low number >0 and 3000.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's pseudo evasion not pseudo heal... And it's because it's not really evasion. It's a triggered HEAL...
                              Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X