Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Irrelevant since 6.82] What Duel diables and what Duel not disables ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Irrelevant since 6.82] What Duel diables and what Duel not disables ...



    Hey guys, just saw this video from Dota2PortalTv, and it basically says Duel does not disable some things it should disable. For ex: Drow's Frost Arrows.

    I have the same question as Dota2Portal: Are those intended?

    Originally posted by Phoenix.
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added


    Credits to Phoenix.

  • #2
    Attack modifiers were fixed in yesterday update.
    Known Tooltips and UI information Issues List
    Unreleased heroes data:

    Hero Balance Compilation 6.48 onwards
    Items and Other Balance compilation 6.48 onwards
    Dota 1 6.81c Test Map

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by igo95862 View Post
      Attack modifiers were fixed in yesterday update.
      Ok'y, that's out!

      But there is more.

      Originally posted by Phoenix.
      2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
      2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
      Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added


      Credits to Phoenix.

      Comment


      • #4
        If it's intended to work like wc3 duel (ladder doom), feast and bristleback shouldn't be disabled.

        Comment


        • #5
          INCONSISTENCIES IN 1 LIST

          NEEDS TO BE ADDED:

          Frostmourne/Curse of Avernus IS disabled in wc3, but NOT in dota2

          Barrage (flak cannon/ splitshot - damage reduction still is applied) IS disabled in wc3, but NOT in dota2

          Poison attacks - including Elder dragons corrosive breath , SKs caustic finale, Venomancers poison attack, Meepos geostrike, and a gnoll eating doom bringer, ARE disabled in wc3, but NOT in dota2

          Geminate Attack IS disabled in wc3, but NOT in dota2

          Bladefury IS MOSTLY disabled in wc3, but is NOT in dota2 - the damage/immunity* was disabled in wc3. Nothing is disabled in dota2, but all of it should. *triggered magic immunity is not disabled because icefrog is lazy

          Incapacitating bite IS disabled in wc3, but NOT in dota2. NOTE: the buff, if placed before duel, should work, but should not reapply/give the buff while dueled.

          Voodoo restoration IS disabled in wc3, but NOT it dota2

          Damage block on items (Vangaurd, pms, stout) ARE disabled in wc3, but are NOT in dota2

          Chain lightning on Mjolinner/maelstrom ARE disabled in wc3, but are NOT in dota2

          NEEDS TO BE REMOVED:

          Insatiable hunger(lifesteal) is NOT disabled in wc3, but IS in dota2

          Vampiric aura (I did not test the new aura in 6.79. vampiric potion isnt disabled though) should NOT be disabled in wc3, but IS in dota2




          NOTE: All of these (and spirit bears demolish and entangle / warlock's golem's flaming fists - because they cant be dueled) apply to DOOM as well as Duel.

          Comment


          • #6
            http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Silence

            "Hero Abilities Disabled by Mute:

            Spirit Breaker
            Greater Bash Greater Bash

            Abaddon
            Borrowed Time won't activate itself if you suffer damage while you have less than 400 HP"

            ^ Just had game... and that isn't the case.
            Valve please fix Duel.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bogdan_X View Post
              http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Silence

              "Hero Abilities Disabled by Mute:

              Spirit Breaker
              Greater Bash Greater Bash

              Borrowed Time
              Borrowed Time won't activate itself if you suffer damage while you have less than 400 HP"

              ^ Just had game... and that isn't the case.
              It is Dota 2 wiki. They have a lot of wrong information.
              Known Tooltips and UI information Issues List
              Unreleased heroes data:

              Hero Balance Compilation 6.48 onwards
              Items and Other Balance compilation 6.48 onwards
              Dota 1 6.81c Test Map

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by igo95862 View Post
                It is Dota 2 wiki. They have a lot of wrong information.
                Do you have access to WC3 ? or anyone who has... can you make a test there and share the results please?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bogdan_X View Post
                  Do you have access to WC3 ? or anyone who has... can you make a test there and share the results please?
                  You can ask me about what duel disables, what duel should disable but not disabling (bug), and what duel shouldn't disable.

                  Borrowed Time and Greater bash are disabled by Doom but not by Duel. This is intended, Doom's mute is stronger than Duel's mute.

                  Originally posted by Phoenix.
                  2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
                  2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
                  Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added


                  Credits to Phoenix.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Legion Commander View Post
                    You can ask me about what duel disables, what duel should disable but not disabling (bug), and what duel shouldn't disable.

                    Borrowed Time and Greater bash are disabled by Doom but not by Duel. This is intended, Doom's mute is stronger than Duel's mute.
                    So there 2 Mute versions in this game ?

                    One version Doom Mute and second for Duel Mute and there different type of Mute ?

                    Hmh I always consider Mute to be with just 1 version from WC3. Are you sure this isn't just Valve being valve...

                    Also you tested Aba ulti in WC3 with Duel how does it react ?
                    Last edited by Bogdan_X; 12-23-2013, 04:58 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You can read this article http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=796666

                      All written in it applies to Duels Doom. Doom's Doom was changed in 6.78 and 6.79 with some special triggers while Duel was not changed and still uses Doom from Warcraft 3 without any changes.
                      Known Tooltips and UI information Issues List
                      Unreleased heroes data:

                      Hero Balance Compilation 6.48 onwards
                      Items and Other Balance compilation 6.48 onwards
                      Dota 1 6.81c Test Map

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by igo95862 View Post
                        You can read this article http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=796666

                        All written in it applies to Duels Doom. Doom's Doom was changed in 6.78 and 6.79 with some special triggers while Duel was not changed and still uses Doom from Warcraft 3 without any changes.
                        So after 6.78 and 6.79 we have 2 'Mute' (Doom) versions, the weaker Duel one and the stronger Doom one.

                        While looking at that link the only difference from WC3 that I could notice was the lighting procs from Maelstrom and Mjollnir they don't happen in WC3 but they do in Dota 2.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bogdan_X View Post
                          So there 2 Mute versions in this game ?

                          One version Doom Mute and second for Duel Mute and there different type of Mute ?

                          Hmh I always consider Mute to be with just 1 version from WC3. Are you sure this isn't just Valve being valve...

                          Also you tested Aba ulti in WC3 with Duel how does it react ?
                          As i said, Doom is just a stronger version of Duel. They work pretty much the same.

                          IceFrog gave some extra Powers to Doom in 6.79, Doom can disable some extra things now that Duel cannot disable.

                          Also i tested in the WC3, and yeah it works.

                          Originally posted by Phoenix.
                          2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
                          2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
                          Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added


                          Credits to Phoenix.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bogdan_X View Post
                            So after 6.78 and 6.79 we have 2 'Mute' (Doom) versions, the weaker Duel one and the stronger Doom one.

                            While looking at that link the only difference from WC3 that I could notice was the lighting procs from Maelstrom and Mjollnir they don't happen in WC3 but they do in Dota 2.
                            No, Doom's Doom, or "mute" was always stronger than Duel. It always disabled some skills more than the regular doom from ladder wc3. Original doom/mute only disables all hardcoded skills (hardcoded= skills directly coming from WC3, not self coded, eg crits, evasion, bash)
                            Doom's Doom has its own special list of skills which it also disables. This list contains lots of passive skills, which were coded self and aren't from WC3, like Feast, Greater Bash, passive part of Borrowed Time, etc.

                            I think I'll make an updated list about this soon. The lists currently floating around aren't updated to the newest Doom buffs (which apply only for Doom, not for Duel).
                            Last edited by bu3ny; 12-24-2013, 07:46 AM.
                            Please, just call me buny.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bu3ny View Post
                              No, Doom's Doom, or "mute" was always stronger than Duel. It always disabled some skills more than the regular doom from ladder wc3. Original doom/mute only disables all hardcoded skills (hardcoded= skills directly coming from WC3, not self coded, eg crits, evasion, bash)
                              Doom's Doom has its own special list of skills which it also disables. This list contains lots of passive skills, which were coded self and aren't from WC3, like Feast, Greater Bash, passive part of Borrowed Time, etc.

                              I think I'll make an updated list about this soon. The list currently loating around aren't updated to the newest Doom buffs (which apply only for Doom, not for Duel).
                              U R an awesome buny. <3
                              But i have a question; where will you put it?Playdota forums? If you want to open a (advanced) mechanics section here, ill gladly help.

                              Originally posted by Phoenix.
                              2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
                              2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
                              Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added


                              Credits to Phoenix.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X