Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Fixed] Void chronosphere revealing invisible allies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Fixed] Void chronosphere revealing invisible allies

    I don't know if it is really bug, but Void's chronosphere make visible void's allies.
    replay 13050612. time 22:00 on middle tower.

    There void put his ultimate on weaver, and we could kill him, but there was no wards/dust and other.
    I don't know if it is bug or not (also I can't remember about DotA) but if it is no bug it is weird.

    2012-04-26_00002.jpeg
    as you can see weaver is on his invis, but we can attack him.

  • #2
    its not a bug, all units inside chrono are granted vision of, invis or not. also all units inside chrono shpere cannot evade/ have attacks miss.

    Comment


    • #3
      if it is not a bug, it is very strange, because it can be abused to kill your teammates...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Digirider View Post
        its not a bug, all units inside chrono are granted vision of, invis or not. also all units inside chrono shpere cannot evade/ have attacks miss.
        Actually, thats wrong. Chronosphere only provides true sight for allies, it will not reveal units using most typpes of invisibilty like windwalk-type abilities, such as Shukuchi. Riki is an exception, he would be revealed by an allied chronosphere because his permanent invisibility is disabled by pause (at least in D1 where we had pause).

        Are other units using other invisibility abilities being revealed as well?
        Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
        Before posting new bugs:
        -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
        -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
        -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Checked in test mode with brood, BH, weaver, bone, and with shadow blade, riki. revealed all of it.

          Comment


          • #6
            To be quite honest, I am unsure whether this is a bug, as its possible it was an intended change with regards to invisibility abilities.

            Still, added to sticky.
            Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
            Before posting new bugs:
            -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
            -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
            -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DLRevan View Post
              Actually, thats wrong. Chronosphere only provides true sight for allies, it will not reveal units using most typpes of invisibilty like windwalk-type abilities, such as Shukuchi. Riki is an exception, he would be revealed by an allied chronosphere because his permanent invisibility is disabled by pause (at least in D1 where we had pause).

              Are other units using other invisibility abilities being revealed as well?
              I remember being stomped with invisible heroes other than Riki by getting seen under Void's Chronosphere without any other buffs/skills/items revealing me whatsoever (in Dota)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pard View Post
                I remember being stomped with invisible heroes other than Riki by getting seen under Void's Chronosphere without any other buffs/skills/items revealing me whatsoever (in Dota)
                If you an enemy of Void, then it will reveal you no matter what kind of invisibility you are using. If you are an ally, you won't be revealed unless you are Rikimaru (or slark, IIRC). You can check this for yourself in the Dota 1.
                Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
                Before posting new bugs:
                -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
                -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
                -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DLRevan View Post
                  To be quite honest, I am unsure whether this is a bug, as its possible it was an intended change with regards to invisibility abilities.

                  Still, added to sticky.
                  It is for sure not an intended change, since it is retarded easy to make this work on dota 1, the same way void gets flying vision and true sight on chronosphere, add a unit that has true sight but not flying vision to the enemy team of void.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    bad wording on my end but i was refering to the fact no matter the invis all enemies will be revealed..didnt really care much for allies as to me it seems he refers to enemy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shamanics View Post
                      It is for sure not an intended change, since it is retarded easy to make this work on dota 1, the same way void gets flying vision and true sight on chronosphere, add a unit that has true sight but not flying vision to the enemy team of void.
                      Things that were 'retarded easy' to change in D1 like the different linkens interactions or pugna's alternate magical attack have been changed here but not in D1. Engine limitations have not always been the reason for intended changes.

                      I'm merely commenting that it seems more consistent now in a way. I've already listed it as a bug in any case.
                      Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
                      Before posting new bugs:
                      -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
                      -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
                      -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        E:nvm
                        Last edited by bu3ny; 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM.
                        Please, just call me buny.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X