Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Confirmed] refraction doesn't show buffs to enemy team

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Confirmed] refraction doesn't show buffs to enemy team



    it didn't originally count charges but it wasn't completely invisible like it is now. it should show one buff for bonus damage and one buff for damage block.

  • #2
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

    Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

    Comment


    • #3
      http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=46154

      Comment


      • #4
        I thought this was an inteded change?

        Comment


        • #5
          at first the buff icons were visible and even showed counters for the charges of refraction left on ta.
          that's why they were removed in the first place.
          it wouldnt hurt to bring simplified icons back, just for the sake of transparency.
          Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

          Contributions i'd like to highlight:
          My Suggestion: Coaching System
          My Sticky: Intended Changes List
          My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

          Comment


          • #6
            Sorry, but I'll bump this thread.
            I don't know if it will help to get known by the developers, but I'll just hope...

            I hate being unable to check whether the Templar soloing against me in the mid lane has Refraction on her... I mean, this is extremely important, especially if you are a nuker.
            "Go ahead and hit once and see if it's on or not", no! It just doesn't work that way. You wouldn't go hit once with Tinker on your hands... I am supposed to start the combat with the Laser, whenever I see that she is not being protected by the Refraction.

            This might be ranked as Low, but it makes soloing against Templar remarkably harder. You'll have to constantly watch her hands to see that brief animation she does for the Refraction.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think Refraction being invisible is utterly stupid. Any other shield-like ability is visible for a good reason.

              That said, icons would help too.
              Last edited by Radio; 11-26-2012, 07:07 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                There wasn't any refraction shield effect for both sides on W3 DotA. And you weren't able to tell your own counts, either. Both fractions could only tell that if the Lanaya currently has the Refraction or not.
                Well, now, they have buffed (doubled, maybe even tripled) the awareness of Lanaya, and nerfed (removed entirely) the awareness of her enemies...
                Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM. Reason: typo (awaraness)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
                  There wasn't any refraction shield effect for both sides on W3 DotA. And you weren't able to tell your own counts, either. Both fractions could only tell that if the Lanaya currently has the Refraction or not.
                  Well, now, they have buffed (doubled, maybe even tripled) the awareness of Lanaya, and nerfed (removed entirely) the awaraness of her enemies...
                  I don't really wanna hijack the thread as this borders into balance changes.. but hey, Templar is really strong and on top of all she's extremely annoying to lane against. Making the shield visible for both parties would be just a slap on the wrist. Also everyone gets to see the pretty effect on the shield!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    shield effect visible for enemies - no, thx
                    buff icon visible - yes, pls

                    if they make shield visible it will be too easy, you should at least click on TA to know that there is a shield active (and spend some time for that).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lunatic3k View Post
                      shield effect visible for enemies - no, thx
                      buff icon visible - yes, pls

                      if they make shield visible it will be too easy, you should at least click on TA to know that there is a shield active (and spend some time for that).
                      too easy compared to what... all shields in the game are visible, therefore DOTA is 'too easy' ?

                      But w/e I'll just drop this point as I said I don't want to hijack the thread into balance discussion. Let's just say I support buff icons for refraction
                      Last edited by Radio; 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Okay... Radio, yours is really a balance discussion, but personally, I (and apparently lunatic3k, too) don't want anything different than current DotA has.

                        There wasn't any visual permanent shield around Templar Assassin on W3 DotA. There was only a brief sparkling effect that is visible to both fractions.
                        Now, they wanted to make some extra effects themselves... Ok, Valve, I appreciate that. Making the shield visible only to the allies is also acceptable, and reasonable. (which was changed to be so during the Test period)

                        Anyways... Then, they made a buff-icon that shows remaining instances. Great, and probably was just an Engine limitation on W3 DotA, that didn't let IceFrog to update the buff-icon fluently.
                        And then... They blocked the enemies from seeing those buff-icons... I mean... This is... I can't take this anymore. They have simply buffed the Refraction.

                        Refraction is most useful when an enemy wastes his/her nukes on Templar Assassin. On W3 DotA, you wouldn't activate the Refraction whenever you feel like activating it. Because when you activated it, you knew that your enemy may easily click on you and see that you have the Refraction right now. No Tinker would launch a Heat Seeking Missle to you, knowing that you have the Refraction on.
                        To make the Tinker waste his missles, you had to be wise and open your eyes for an incoming missle, activate the Refraction right before the missle is about to hit.

                        We just want the balance we had on DotA back...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
                          Okay... Radio, yours is really a balance discussion, but personally, I (and apparently lunatic3k, too) don't want anything different than current DotA has.

                          There wasn't any visual permanent shield around Templar Assassin on W3 DotA. There was only a brief sparkling effect that is visible to both fractions.
                          Now, they wanted to make some extra effects themselves... Ok, Valve, I appreciate that. Making the shield visible only to the allies is also acceptable, and reasonable. (which was changed to be so during the Test period)

                          Anyways... Then, they made a buff-icon that shows remaining instances. Great, and probably was just an Engine limitation on W3 DotA, that didn't let IceFrog to update the buff-icon fluently.
                          And then... They blocked the enemies from seeing those buff-icons... I mean... This is... I can't take this anymore. They have simply buffed the Refraction.

                          Refraction is most useful when an enemy wastes his/her nukes on Templar Assassin. On W3 DotA, you wouldn't activate the Refraction whenever you feel like activating it. Because when you activated it, you knew that your enemy may easily click on you and see that you have the Refraction right now. No Tinker would launch a Heat Seeking Missle to you, knowing that you have the Refraction on.
                          To make the Tinker waste his missles, you had to be wise and open your eyes for an incoming missle, activate the Refraction right before the missle is about to hit.

                          We just want the balance we had on DotA back...
                          i agree. it's ridiculous.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Can this be implemented already, this is so annoying.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              it was implemented already.
                              back on the test client, we had shield animation and buff counter for everyone with charges.
                              they needed to hotfix it quickly because it was clearly giving too much information to the enemy.
                              since there currently isnt an implementation for a buff icon that shows for enemies without displaying the charges, this will be most likely cleaned up when there is time to implement such a mechanic.
                              Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

                              Contributions i'd like to highlight:
                              My Suggestion: Coaching System
                              My Sticky: Intended Changes List
                              My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X