Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Dota 2 hero select crash megathread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you skim through the pages you will see that this has been 'fixed' on multiple occasions and has come back.

    Comment


    • It's just that EVERYONE crashed when selecting CERTAIN heroes until it was fixed and suddenly there are SOME ppl crashing with ALL heroes, while everyone else is fine, so clearly, something has changed.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kaneomanie View Post
        It's just that EVERYONE crashed when selecting CERTAIN heroes until it was fixed and suddenly there are SOME ppl crashing with ALL heroes, while everyone else is fine, so clearly, something has changed.
        either way its crashing upon hero select.

        Comment


        • I won six abandons with this crash. The update of 2.* GB was really nice. Thanks!

          Comment


          • got 2 leaves and LP for 24 hours cuz this bug - press play/1-2 sec in game/Crash-DC/cant reconnect - hello first lpq for 1200 hours
            heroes -NP, Pudge, Enchantress
            Last edited by Sneaky Devil; 03-02-2013, 02:01 PM.

            Comment


            • This FIIIINALLY fixed it for me, give it a go

              chances are its something wrong with your steam instead of the actual game.





              "Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

              Delete all of the files in this folder except:

              - \Steamapps\ and \Userdata\ folders

              - Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

              Restart your computer.

              Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

              With Steam running, re-test the original issue."

              Comment


              • Same thing happening with me from last patch. It's makes dota non-playable

                KEEP IN SHADOWS

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Danisaur View Post
                  This FIIIINALLY fixed it for me, give it a go

                  chances are its something wrong with your steam instead of the actual game.





                  "Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

                  Delete all of the files in this folder except:

                  - \Steamapps\ and \Userdata\ folders

                  - Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

                  Restart your computer.

                  Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

                  With Steam running, re-test the original issue."
                  are you sure that verifying steam cache doesnt have the same effect?
                  Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

                  Contributions i'd like to highlight:
                  My Suggestion: Coaching System
                  My Sticky: Intended Changes List
                  My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by blash365 View Post
                    are you sure that verifying steam cache doesnt have the same effect?
                    verifying cache didn't fix anything for me. Lol.

                    Comment


                    • I got the same problem

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X