Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Confirmed] Slark's Shadow Dance Passive doesn't linger

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Confirmed] Slark's Shadow Dance Passive doesn't linger

    Summary:

    Shadow Dance's passive healing should be based off a % healing ward aura, which lingers for 2-4 seconds after it is triggered to stop, due to the aura fadetime bizzo (similarly to jugg's healing ward). It currently stops immediately nerfing shadow dance drastically! (Should be 2-4 seconds more healing after you use your ulti, if not revealed)

    Repro steps:

    1) Pick slark
    2) run into tower and get hurt
    3) run away and wait for regen timer to start
    4) run back into the tower again

    Result:

    Shadow dance instantly stops healing

    Expected result:

    Healing lingers for 2-4 seconds, making it stay up for substantially longer, and effectively healing you a LOT more when getting chased.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 06-22-2013, 10:08 PM.
    Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

  • #2
    http://www.playdota.com/heroes/murlo...awler#skill492 - "has a 0.5 second delay on activation and deactivation"

    If the DotA 1 behaviour is a 2-4 second delay in deactivation, I'd guess it's an intended change in DotA 2?

    Comment


    • #3
      No. It's an aura thing for the healing component. It's 0.5 seconds + 2 - 4 seconds. Think of jugg's healing ward.
      Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 06-22-2013, 10:31 PM.
      Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

      Comment


      • #4
        There is a reason why Dota 2 is created. To get away with the Warcraft 3 engine's limitation. If you are going to port every thing in Warcraft Dota, even if it is due to a limitation in Warcraft, then why create Dota 2. I think (only my opinion) that it is an intended change and I hope so.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well why would they port it for things like fountain, but not things like heart/shadow dance? It makes a massive balance difference and these skills have been balanced around it.
          Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

          Comment


          • #6
            That's 21% of his health healed more than in dota 2... Now if that's not huge I don't know what is.
            Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by skudo12 View Post
              There is a reason why Dota 2 is created. To get away with the Warcraft 3 engine's limitation.
              this isn't engine limitation, coding a health regeneration without using ladder fountain aura isn't that hard, intended or not difference can still be reported i suppose, the frog even took a long time to make medusa's ulti the way it is supposed to be
              Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
              Common Gameplay Bugs list
              Intended Gameplay Fix list
              Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

              Originally posted by GothicCream
              Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
                Well why would they port it for things like fountain, but not things like heart/shadow dance? It makes a massive balance difference and these skills have been balanced around it.
                It depends on what you consider to be an engine limitation, because if Shadow Dance (and Heart for that matter) were both, in DotA 1, based off of the fountain aura, then I would immediately consider that an engine limitation; the fact that the fountain aura still has a 2 second delay could be considered intentional because that's how AoE auras are supposed to work, but strictly speaking Shadow Dance (and Heart) shouldn't be AoE auras (they only apply to that target unit) and hence shouldn't fall under the banner of fountain aura heal delay.

                I guess it comes down to whether the devs thought of this as intended, or are thinking of it as a bug.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It is not an engine limitation when you can take other ways.... When are people going to learn this.

                  Instead of using that aura for HoT and Shadow Dance, he simply could have make the heal fully triggered, and that's not hard to do at all as already stated in this thread. But Icefrog choose to do it with that aura and the 2-4 seconds lingering is a part of that.
                  Please, just call me buny.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It might not be hard to make it fully triggered, but what I'm pointing out is that the playdota description itself contradicts the WC3 behaviour. The playdota description of Heart states that it is "Disabled if the bearer took damage from a player or from Roshan in the last 6 seconds (4 for melee)". The Shadow Dance skill description suggests that the passive buff should end 0.5 seconds after Slark enters vision (which, in WC3 DotA, it does). The fact that the heal is directly linked to the passive intuitively suggests that it was intended for the heal to be removed when the passive was (i.e. 0.5 seconds after Slark enters enemy vision), but instead the passive ends 0.5 seconds after entering enemy vision, and the heal continues for another 2-4 seconds after that. Just because IceFrog chose to make these aura-based rather than trigger-based could be a result of many things other than balance consideration; hence, as I said, it's up to the devs to say for certain whether this should be an intended change, or a bug.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CamelLord View Post
                      It might not be hard to make it fully triggered, but what I'm pointing out is that the playdota description itself contradicts the WC3 behaviour. The playdota description of Heart states that it is "Disabled if the bearer took damage from a player or from Roshan in the last 6 seconds (4 for melee)". The Shadow Dance skill description suggests that the passive buff should end 0.5 seconds after Slark enters vision (which, in WC3 DotA, it does). The fact that the heal is directly linked to the passive intuitively suggests that it was intended for the heal to be removed when the passive was (i.e. 0.5 seconds after Slark enters enemy vision), but instead the passive ends 0.5 seconds after entering enemy vision, and the heal continues for another 2-4 seconds after that. Just because IceFrog chose to make these aura-based rather than trigger-based could be a result of many things other than balance consideration; hence, as I said, it's up to the devs to say for certain whether this should be an intended change, or a bug.
                      If you'd just only go by the tooltips, then so many things would be wrong in the game.
                      Please, just call me buny.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        added to sticky.
                        Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

                        Contributions i'd like to highlight:
                        My Suggestion: Coaching System
                        My Sticky: Intended Changes List
                        My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is fairly high impact on slark :/ I honestly believe it's moderate.
                          Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by skudo12 View Post
                            There is a reason why Dota 2 is created. To get away with the Warcraft 3 engine's limitation. If you are going to port every thing in Warcraft Dota, even if it is due to a limitation in Warcraft, then why create Dota 2. I think (only my opinion) that it is an intended change and I hope so.
                            You would normally use a superior Engine if you wish to remove the limitations... Unless you mean models and graphics.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bu3ny View Post
                              If you'd just only go by the tooltips, then so many things would be wrong in the game.
                              Personally I go by what playdota implies the behavior should be, although I guess that's inconsequential if this thread has been marked confirmed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X