Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Item cancelling

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Item cancelling

    If you use blink dagger (for example) to blink behind you your hero needs to turn first in order to blink. If you right click to move before you've actually blinked it cancels the blink and instead you just walk in that direction. Seeing as how items are instant, there should be an option as to whether or not items should be cancelled if you issue another order while turning.
    Originally posted by Hitokiri Battousai
    Firstly hi, i am not a racist but really i hate all of russians....

  • #2
    Or you could shift queue and do exactly what you just said. Same goes with TP's and any order you issue. Very similar to "Would you like fries with that?"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rockonrob View Post
      Or you could shift queue and do exactly what you just said. Same goes with TP's and any order you issue. Very similar to "Would you like fries with that?"
      Imagine you're farming in the lane and suddenly someone blinks on top of you and you're fast enough to react to blink out...Do you know how awkward it is to shift queue a move order that fast? IMO, if you can manage to issue the blink order fast enough that you can get out without being attacked you shouldn't be punished because you need to shiftqueue it because of a turn rate. I'd much rather have to stop an item during my hero turning with "S" than have to shift queue a move order for blinking.
      Originally posted by Hitokiri Battousai
      Firstly hi, i am not a racist but really i hate all of russians....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kangaroux View Post
        Imagine you're farming in the lane and suddenly someone blinks on top of you and you're fast enough to react to blink out...Do you know how awkward it is to shift queue a move order that fast? IMO, if you can manage to issue the blink order fast enough that you can get out without being attacked you shouldn't be punished because you need to shiftqueue it because of a turn rate. I'd much rather have to stop an item during my hero turning with "S" than have to shift queue a move order for blinking.
        I see what you mean, but I only see it as a problem against batrider or so. I mean some heroes turn rates are that great, but if you always shift-queue after tp/blink/forcestaff/any movement item, shift-queueing after is really no big issue. Even when you counterblink to someone else's blink, the shiftque becomes naturally that fast. I can imagine that people who do not shift-queue as much or don't practice with it to make it more natural would find this a lot harder, but very doable in the least.

        Btw, "stop" does not stop a hero from turning... I thought it did but turns out it doesn't lol.

        Comment

        Working...
        X