Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

TA psi blades bugged.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Any updates on this?

    Comment


    • #32
      Untitled.png
      This screenshot shows about the furthest width I could get psi blades to hit. The green circle shows 80 range. Using dota_camera_lock and getpos, the three units positions are (6401, 4983) (Splashed unit), (6487, 4781)(Attacked unit), and (6496, 4541)(TA). That gives an AOE of 79. This is consistent with the text file in Dota 2 which says 80. In warcraft 3, the widest AOE which I could get psi blades to hit is 52. I used -setxy in to test that, there is a screenshot in my last post in this thread.

      The widths are definitely inconsistent, but the 6.72 changelog (http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.72) does say that the width should be 80 (even though it actually isn't).
      Last edited by smokedsalmon; 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by smokedsalmon View Post
        [ATTACH]9455[/ATTACH]
        This screenshot shows about the furthest width I could get psi blades to hit. The green circle shows 80 range. Using dota_camera_lock and getpos, the three units positions are (6401, 4983) (Splashed unit), (6487, 4781)(Attacked unit), and (6496, 4541)(TA). That gives an AOE of 79. This is consistent with the text file in Dota 2 which says 80. In warcraft 3, the widest AOE which I could get psi blades to hit is 52. I used -setxy in to test that, there is a screenshot in my last post in this thread.

        The widths are definitely inconsistent, but the 6.72 changelog (http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.72) does say that the width should be 80 (even though it actually isn't).
        finally some solid proof. so looks like a oversight in dota1?

        Comment


        • #34
          The width is indeed slightly too large, it will be fixed in the next patch.

          Comment


          • #35
            I'm so happy that it will be changed. I don't know what the actual spill width on DotA (not the one on the changelogs or PlayDota guides) was, but it was all ok. Now it is just too much, making it almost impossible to avoid on the mid lane, and so easy to use when I am the Lanaya.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by IceFrog View Post
              The width is indeed slightly too large, it will be fixed in the next patch.
              Cool, I was waiting for this.. shes one of my fav heroes but it was clear that the spell was working quite a lot different from the dota 1 scenario.

              Comment


              • #37
                its prolly just treants hitboxes being inside the 80 arc pierce from the main target

                Comment


                • #38
                  My only question is why the 6.72 Patch notes list that the width was buffed to 80 units when it was never really changed (still 55 units according to hero page on PlayDota).

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by EmblemLord View Post
                    My only question is why the 6.72 Patch notes list that the width was buffed to 80 units when it was never really changed (still 55 units according to hero page on PlayDota).
                    IIRC it's just 2 different ways of measuring. It's 55 if you calculate to the edge of the units, 80 if you go to the center (units are ~25 units wide). Playdota uses one measurement, the changelog used the other.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Baloroth View Post
                      IIRC it's just 2 different ways of measuring. It's 55 if you calculate to the edge of the units, 80 if you go to the center (units are ~25 units wide). Playdota uses one measurement, the changelog used the other.
                      I don't think that can be it. Assuming that the setxy command in the test map works correctly and consistently, the aoe from center to center is only 55.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by smokedsalmon View Post
                        I don't think that can be it. Assuming that the setxy command in the test map works correctly and consistently, the aoe from center to center is only 55.
                        is it possible to test this in maps before 6.72(beforem the change from 70 to 80)? u can compare the results.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by smokedsalmon View Post
                          I don't think that can be it. Assuming that the setxy command in the test map works correctly and consistently, the aoe from center to center is only 55.
                          Odd, according to this discussion, the rectangle is 105 from center to center.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I see the misunderstanding now. I didn't realize that the playdota site was referring to the diameter of the spill aoe instead of the radius (like everything else). The diameter of the spill aoe in dota 2 is 160 from "center to center" (center of the left most unit that could be hit to the center of the right most unit that could be hit. Though the aoe is reffered to as 80 in the data files, because it is talking about the radius) whereas the diameter is indeed 105 in dota 1 (I had only been measuring the radii before and thought that the changelog was talking about a radius as well).

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Baloroth View Post
                              Odd, according to this discussion, the rectangle is 105 from center to center.
                              i see the problem. it is really misleading to say the width is 80(it's actually 55. if considering the collision size, it should be 105, not 80). i am not sure why icefrog used 80 in the first place. feel so sad that only a few people who digs deep into the game mechanics can figure out the exact meaning...
                              at least the good news is this will be fixed finally.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X