Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Suggestion] Make rubick have 3 empty slots

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Suggestion] Make rubick have 3 empty slots

    Self-explanatory. This removes the last limitation for Rubick and allows him to steal spells like Shadowraze and Devour. I can't believe nobody suggested this before.

    Edit: I was not sure about the section, so if the Hero HUD section is more appropriate, could some good mod move it there?
    Last edited by budwing; 09-12-2012, 04:28 AM.

  • #2
    Makes sence, the only problem is, the icons will become a little too small and most of the time, you will have 2 empty slots. Wouldnt it be possible to make rubick have the standard 4 slots in default and give him more when he needs them? (like when you take shadow raze, you suddenly have 7 slots, etc.)

    Comment


    • #3
      Having all 3 razes(instead of 1) with levitation could be a bit op.
      As well as getting auras and spells from creeps.
      Maybe that's why it's not added. Isn't it like that in DotA anyway?

      Comment


      • #4
        Rubick is now so different from DotA that I don't see why you bring this "it's not same as DotA" argument here. I'm not arguing about balance here, but about consistency. If Rubick is not ment to steal all spells, change the description of spell from "last spell" to "most last spells". If he can steal devour, but not use it to the full extent, it's a bit pointless.
        Last edited by budwing; 09-12-2012, 05:34 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hadgehog View Post
          Having all 3 razes(instead of 1) with levitation could be a bit op.
          As well as getting auras and spells from creeps.
          Maybe that's why it's not added. Isn't it like that in DotA anyway?
          They've already made changes from Dota 1 in allowing him to Steal all spells, including ones that used to have hotkey or mechanics issues.
          Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
          Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
          Forum Rules

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hadgehog View Post
            Having all 3 razes(instead of 1) with levitation could be a bit op.
            As well as getting auras and spells from creeps.
            Maybe that's why it's not added. Isn't it like that in DotA anyway?
            Why would that be any more OP than every other spell?
            No, I think it rather makes Rubick UP against that (SF).

            Comment


            • #7
              if possible all mechanics from wc3 dota will be ported 1:1 for now.
              since shadowraze and devour were stealable spells in wc3 dota, their interaction with rubick is expected to stay the same - for now.

              after the port is completed changes like that can be tested in a test environment (dota 2 test).
              Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

              Contributions i'd like to highlight:
              My Suggestion: Coaching System
              My Sticky: Intended Changes List
              My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

              Comment


              • #8
                +1, Its a buff to Rubick but since it was an engine limitation you have my full support.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't think either of these would fall under engine limitation actually. Though saying that almost all of the spells Rubick can't steal can be made to work, most of the spells that he can't steal aren't cases of 'impossible', rather of 'effort'.
                  Last edited by Arxos; 09-12-2012, 09:32 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Arxos View Post
                    I don't think either of these would fall under engine limitation actually. Though saying that almost all of the spells Rubick can't steal can be made to work, most of the spells that he can't steal aren't cases of 'impossible', rather of 'effort'.
                    I disagree, I'd say it's a definite engine limitation on shadow raze, being that he only had 2 spare slots :P (4 of his skills + 2 free slots since his stats didn't show up there)
                    Comprehensive Damage Reduction & Amplifications Dota 2 Guide

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by budwing View Post
                      Self-explanatory. This removes the last limitation for Rubick and allows him to steal spells like Shadowraze and Devour. I can't believe nobody suggested this before.

                      Edit: I was not sure about the section, so if the Hero HUD section is more appropriate, could some good mod move it there?
                      It doesn't make sense for him to be able to steal all three shadowrazes: they are all separate spells, with their own cooldown and cast range. The fact Shadow Fiend gains three abilities with one skill point is irrelevant: it is three different spells. He already can steal Shadowraze, he just steals the last (at least, last time I checked it) cast. That is 100% exactly what he should do: Shadow Fiend doesn't cast all three spells at a time.

                      As for devour: sure, as long as Rubick loses all the spells he devours when he loses Devour.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        no to raze. yes to devour. reason is obvious.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pretty sure this will be fixed in due time. I think Dota 2 was designed to have 6 spell slots. So they will need to change quite a few things to get this working and this is why it has not been done yet.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Baloroth View Post
                            It doesn't make sense for him to be able to steal all three shadowrazes: they are all separate spells, with their own cooldown and cast range. The fact Shadow Fiend gains three abilities with one skill point is irrelevant: it is three different spells. He already can steal Shadowraze, he just steals the last (at least, last time I checked it) cast. That is 100% exactly what he should do: Shadow Fiend doesn't cast all three spells at a time.

                            As for devour: sure, as long as Rubick loses all the spells he devours when he loses Devour.
                            Then explain Morph. Shouldn't Rubick only be able to steal Morph Agility or Morph Strength, not both?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SlyGoat View Post
                              Then explain Morph. Shouldn't Rubick only be able to steal Morph Agility or Morph Strength, not both?
                              coz morph is basically one spell. u either morph to strength or agility. but raze has separate cd.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X