Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Can't stuck people on some spots

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't stuck people on some spots

    Hi, while using Rubick (with telekinezis) on any other hero or any other skill forcing a target position to a hero, I noticed that we can't stuck people, or get stucked on some point of the maps.

    One of them if for instance 5 meters in front of the left tier 2 tower of the radiant, there is a fissure, a rift, and we could make people stuck in them using force staff or telekinezis for instance in WC3 Dota. It doesn't work anymore on Dota2.

    Step to reproduce: Take rubick, telekinezis a target hero in one of the rift of the map
    What should happen: The targetted hero should be stucked inside the rift
    What happens: The hero automatically unstucks himself.

    This is very problematic, the fact of being stuck was one of the several high ranked skill that I liked to use. The target hero would have to type '-unstuck' , a command which existed specifically to counter that strategical attack, and wait one entire minute. This was a part of WC3 Dota, unless the rules have changed, I will take back what I say, but I don't think it should.

    This is a map graphical issue, if there were sufficant space in the rifts, that shouldn't happen.

  • #2
    this is intended and was changed in Wc3 map as well.
    つ ◕_◕ ༽ つ Give Solo Queue Back! Pls

    Comment


    • #3
      It hasn't. There are some spots that I can't make people stucks, the one I mentioned is one of them

      And why do you say it is an intended behaviour? May I see your source please?

      Mine is that we could type '-unstuck' on D1.
      Last edited by shideneyu; 02-24-2013, 07:21 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=13563

        no.25

        It saddens me that the community has convinced itself that a bug like this should stay in the game when clearly a bug like this is not healthy for the game at all.

        Comment


        • #5
          Unfortunately for your opinion, I think that this is a part of the game, as it was a strategic way to handle things, disabling foes heros during one minute or so was a master move, hard to make happen, and was completely 'a game event', part of the meta-game.

          Whether or not people consider it as a bug, it was a part of Dota1 games, and I deeply still think that it wasn't a bug.

          It's not as if there was no counter: the -unstuck was made for that in the one hand, and a flying courrier with a tp still exists.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shideneyu View Post
            Unfortunately for your opinion, I think that this is a part of the game, as it was a strategic way to handle things, disabling foes heros during one minute or so was a master move, hard to make happen, and was completely 'a game event', part of the meta-game.

            Whether or not people consider it as a bug, it was a part of Dota1 games, and I deeply still think that it wasn't a bug.

            It's not as if there was no counter: the -unstuck was made for that in the one hand, and a flying courrier with a tp still exists.
            Opinion?

            What opinion?

            Here is a nice post with evidence that you can't get people stuck onto terrain, not only is it extremely buggy, it actually doesn't work like that in DotA 1!.

            http://i.imgur.com/qyQyz.jpg

            http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post203572

            Now there MAY be certain locations that you could still get stuck, but the intention here is clear, getting people stuck onto cliffs was manually configured in a way to not isolate people.


            You cannot counter facts with an opinion, be it as it may that you prefer the game to have this function, it currently in its "INTENDED" design to not allow this.

            I would go over my opinion about the balance and design factors of being stuck in a game but that would also be doing what you are doing which would go nowhere so I'm not going to do that

            You should also look up the word metagame in wikipedia because you currently as it seems have a confused definition about it.

            -unstuck not only had a large channel time, it also froze your hero for the duration too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TDA101 View Post
              It saddens me that the community has convinced itself that a bug like this should stay in the game when clearly a bug like this is not healthy for the game at all.
              What is the bug, exactly? That you CAN vacuum people onto cliffs, or that you CAN'T vacuum people onto some cliffs?

              As far as I can tell, using abilities like Telekinesis and Vacuum to put people onto area where they have to blink/force staff/teleport out of is a perfectly viable strategy. Also, it's a skill shot and not 100% guaranteed to work. If you know there is a hero on the enemy team that has the ability to put you in one of these places you should either carry a TP Scroll, buy Blink Dagger/Force Staff or simply be more aware of where you're standing so as to NOT get yourself caught in that sort of position.

              Lets not forget that these areas can also be used BY YOU if you want to escape harassment from enemy melee heroes. Blinking/Force Staffing or Skewering etc. onto a cliff, then TP'ing out is a good way to escape. I don't consider this a bug at all, but a unique feature that has all sorts of strategic meaning in this game. You might not like it because it happens to you a lot, I assume? Just be more careful, and carry a TP.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                What is the bug, exactly? That you CAN vacuum people onto cliffs, or that you CAN'T vacuum people onto some cliffs?

                As far as I can tell, using abilities like Telekinesis and Vacuum to put people onto area where they have to blink/force staff/teleport out of is a perfectly viable strategy. Also, it's a skill shot and not 100% guaranteed to work. If you know there is a hero on the enemy team that has the ability to put you in one of these places you should either carry a TP Scroll, buy Blink Dagger/Force Staff or simply be more aware of where you're standing so as to NOT get yourself caught in that sort of position.

                Lets not forget that these areas can also be used BY YOU if you want to escape harassment from enemy melee heroes. Blinking/Force Staffing or Skewering etc. onto a cliff, then TP'ing out is a good way to escape. I don't consider this a bug at all, but a unique feature that has all sorts of strategic meaning in this game. You might not like it because it happens to you a lot, I assume? Just be more careful, and carry a TP.
                It's like you have completely ignored any links i've posted including this picture. Again another person who chooses to ignore facts.

                http://i.imgur.com/qyQyz.jpg

                If you really want my opinion on why such a mechanic is not healthy for this game, it's because the risk/reward factor is skewed retardedly in favour of the displacer. It's not even a demanding skill shot, even if a skill shot, Vacuum/Telekinesis don't require much precision.

                Other implications involve unintentional stuck like Roar/Cogs/Fissure creating situations by pushing units onto the edge of the cliff.
                These instances involve extreme amounts of luck that neither player should have to actually account for. It's such a rare instance sure, but it is one that should be fixed for cleaner gameplay and consistency.

                http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=57404 another link showcasing where I am still currently correct on the stance of being stuck on cliffs.

                Why do you assume I get put on cliffs a lot? I can't recall the last time I ever got stuck on a cliff, even without a tp. More likely I've been putting people and cliffs and am advocating of the fix of this mechanic in a clean fashion.

                Do people who read this thread even click on the links or they just choose to blurt out their opinion as facts?
                Last edited by TDA101; 02-26-2013, 01:22 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  What is the bug, exactly? That you CAN vacuum people onto cliffs, or that you CAN'T vacuum people onto some cliffs?

                  As far as I can tell, using abilities like Telekinesis and Vacuum to put people onto area where they have to blink/force staff/teleport out of is a perfectly viable strategy. Also, it's a skill shot and not 100% guaranteed to work. If you know there is a hero on the enemy team that has the ability to put you in one of these places you should either carry a TP Scroll, buy Blink Dagger/Force Staff or simply be more aware of where you're standing so as to NOT get yourself caught in that sort of position.

                  Lets not forget that these areas can also be used BY YOU if you want to escape harassment from enemy melee heroes. Blinking/Force Staffing or Skewering etc. onto a cliff, then TP'ing out is a good way to escape. I don't consider this a bug at all, but a unique feature that has all sorts of strategic meaning in this game. You might not like it because it happens to you a lot, I assume? Just be more careful, and carry a TP.

                  I share your opinion at 100%. Please read the first post which is your opinion as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well I don't wanna argue whether it is a bug or not and if it should be removed or not, BUT: http://imgur.com/ouKgbk8
                    They removed the "cliff feature" on certain cliffs (like the one in the screenshot) and made it just like WC3 DotA, where you got pushed down if you landed on them.
                    I remember this cliff (especially this one) to be a famous spot, which made Rubick on this lane much more picked, by the Radiant side, which was probably the reason why it got removed.
                    But the fact, they are able to make you unable to go onto these spots, while not making it on all spots is basicly Valves opinion towards the cliff argument: We could fix this "bugfeature" but we don't want to.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Two spots are being fixxed today, so please stop insisting on that being stuck on a cliff is part of the game. It is not.

                      Your opinion does not matter in this.It is disappointing that people continuously insist subjectively to argue their point when I am proving my point objectively.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I didn't argue with my opinion, but thanks to objectives facts (-unstuck feature, the fact that in some spots we could do that on WC3 Dota...)
                        But you told me that in some others spots, we couldn't do that on Dota1. It is a balanced situation in which both of us are rights.

                        If you are speaking of 'it is not a part of the game', you wouldn't be forcingly right because you are only using your opinion. Saying that 'this is a confirmed bug on dev dota' is not 'Objective' (as you like saying this word recursively). It has been highlighted by members who didn't have good opinion, and that should be misleading to Dota2 devolopers, so this topic is completely on his right.

                        I deplore that for the only reason that you think that you are right and I'm wrong, you now argue with your only conclusion 'This is not a part of the game'. As you said that 'we' or 'I' are insisting, I return your statement to tell you that you are insisting.

                        Last but not least, the last update prevent two spots of the 4 spots near runes to get telekinezised or vacuumed, but there's still two spots which are still allowing people to do that. It is just an update to copy Dota1 Behaviour. This isn't even an argument for your point of view (yeah, you are just providing us your point of view, not the truth.)
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3u_M7WFyBo


                        Yours sincerly.
                        Last edited by shideneyu; 02-28-2013, 06:58 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hello!!..

                          I know that this discussion has gone too far, but I would like to give some idea for this problem.

                          Why this should be fixed in the map or heroes? there are many heroes to devs take care..
                          Whether the game auto-create an recipe for teletransport or an option to return to the last place before get stucked resolve this issue in all aspects..

                          As programmer, I understand that all these situations will downgrade the performance for each frame process.
                          Resolving the problem in the map is like we are using a hammer to kill an annoying ant.
                          I think, the map should be fully accessible giving more tatical aspects.

                          Otherwise, we still creating roles for each new hero..
                          Pudge cannot use dagger
                          Pudge cannot use force staff to the cliff
                          DS cannot use vacuum in the cliff
                          Rubick cannot use Telekinesis in the cliff
                          VS cannot use dagger
                          VS cannot use force staff to the cliff
                          Wisp cannot tp to cliff/tree using tether, or tethering VS, PUDGE, ....
                          Tiny cannot toss an enemy to allied in the cliff/tree
                          Magnus cannot ult in the cliff/tree
                          Chaos Knight cannot use Reality Rift in the cliff (i dont know if it is possible)
                          Batrider cannot ult and put an enemy in the cliff
                          Invoker cannot use Deafening Blast pushing enemy to the cliff (i dont know if it is possible)
                          Keeper Of the Light cannot use Blinding Light pushing enemy to the cliff
                          and others roles..

                          The automatic TP recipe or return to last positon button, for stuck heroe is simple (for the devs) and functional (for the game) giving us more tatical aspects.
                          But it isn't like dota1, and some people can get angry.

                          tks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's currently so inconsistant what abilities and what heroes can cliff people. I wish they'd make it so all or none would do this.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shideneyu View Post
                              I didn't argue with my opinion, but thanks to objectives facts (-unstuck feature, the fact that in some spots we could do that on WC3 Dota...)
                              But you told me that in some others spots, we couldn't do that on Dota1. It is a balanced situation in which both of us are rights.

                              If you are speaking of 'it is not a part of the game', you wouldn't be forcingly right because you are only using your opinion. Saying that 'this is a confirmed bug on dev dota' is not 'Objective' (as you like saying this word recursively). It has been highlighted by members who didn't have good opinion, and that should be misleading to Dota2 devolopers, so this topic is completely on his right.

                              I deplore that for the only reason that you think that you are right and I'm wrong, you now argue with your only conclusion 'This is not a part of the game'. As you said that 'we' or 'I' are insisting, I return your statement to tell you that you are insisting.

                              Last but not least, the last update prevent two spots of the 4 spots near runes to get telekinezised or vacuumed, but there's still two spots which are still allowing people to do that. It is just an update to copy Dota1 Behaviour. This isn't even an argument for your point of view (yeah, you are just providing us your point of view, not the truth.)
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3u_M7WFyBo


                              Yours sincerly.
                              Now all of them spots have been fixed against Telekinesis and Vaccuum with the 4 common spots. It's only a matter of time before we fix most of them. Yes you are correct in the fact there will be obscure spots vs obscure skills that can still be used but DotA 2 is trying to move to 99.9% of spots being fixed and it will.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X