Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Using the Dota performance test

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Doofyrob, what's in your autoexec? If you remove it and all of your launch options temporarily does that help?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gdrewb-valve View Post
      Doofyrob, what's in your autoexec? If you remove it and all of your launch options temporarily does that help?
      I'm having the same "[Console] SV: Cheat command 'exec_async' ignored." issue, only in lobby though, the command works well for me in demo and bot match. I've tried localhosted lobby, removing the autoexec, and launched the game only with -dx9 and -console parameters, still the same problem.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by MiL View Post
        I'm having the same "[Console] SV: Cheat command 'exec_async' ignored." issue, only in lobby though, the command works well for me in demo and bot match. I've tried localhosted lobby, removing the autoexec, and launched the game only with -dx9 and -console parameters, still the same problem.
        To confirm, you're creating a lobby and going into the advanced options and choosing "Local Host" as the server? Can you then do "sv_cheats 1" in the console?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by gdrewb-valve View Post
          Doofyrob, what's in your autoexec? If you remove it and all of your launch options temporarily does that help?
          I removed all launch options, no change. (meaning no use of the autoexec, but here it is just in case it matters at all: http://pastebin.com/raw/wPwXgTyu )

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Doofyrob View Post
            I removed all launch options, no change. (meaning no use of the autoexec, but here it is just in case it matters at all: http://pastebin.com/raw/wPwXgTyu )
            autoexec is run automatically on startup so it may still be affecting things. Otherwise, you're creating a lobby and going into the advanced options and choosing "Local Host" as the server?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by gdrewb-valve View Post
              autoexec is run automatically on startup so it may still be affecting things. Otherwise, you're creating a lobby and going into the advanced options and choosing "Local Host" as the server?
              That's correct, I've tried non-local host as well as going through the play menu to bot match-> solo. I removed the autoexec from the config folder while testing this too, no change.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by gdrewb-valve View Post
                To confirm, you're creating a lobby and going into the advanced options and choosing "Local Host" as the server? Can you then do "sv_cheats 1" in the console?
                Yes, also, cheats are enabled actually, common cheat commands work normally. The problem is only with "exec_async".

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think some incorrect wording on the networked bot test might be part of the issue. It mentions using a non-local host as the server but actually it's supposed to be a local host. Typically servers run elsewhere will not allow cheats to be turned on, so if you got an error message when doing "sv_cheats 1" in the console that is the issue you were hitting. If you were creating a lobby against "Local Host", enabling cheats in the lobby settings and then doing "sv_cheats 1" in the console after the game started and that didn't work I'm not sure what was going on.

                  I've updated the wording on the original post to remove that test and instead suggest a replay test that should be more straightforward.
                  Last edited by gdrewb-valve; 03-02-2017, 10:33 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by gdrewb-valve View Post
                    I think some incorrect wording on the networked bot test might be part of the issue. It mentions using a non-local host as the server but actually it's supposed to be a local host. Typically servers run elsewhere will not allow cheats to be turned on, so if you got an error message when doing "sv_cheats 1" in the console that is the issue you were hitting. If you were creating a lobby against "Local Host", enabling cheats in the lobby settings and then doing "sv_cheats 1" in the console after the game started and that didn't work I'm not sure what was going on.

                    I've updated the wording on the original post to remove that test and instead suggest a replay test that should be more straightforward.
                    In the demo playback test, is there a less verbosity option? Before running the test, I always clear console so condump outputs only what the test outs, its output is fine on the demohero test, but in the live playback it dumps a ton of stuff, and makes the earlier tests impossible to see because there is so much output into console.

                    Seen here: http://pastebin.com/mchVRFyj

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Doofyrob View Post
                      In the demo playback test, is there a less verbosity option? Before running the test, I always clear console so condump outputs only what the test outs, its output is fine on the demohero test, but in the live playback it dumps a ton of stuff, and makes the earlier tests impossible to see because there is so much output into console.

                      Seen here: http://pastebin.com/mchVRFyj
                      See my benchmark.cfg alternative. I'm just gonna copy-paste the relevant code to silence most of the console spam:
                      Code:
                      log_flags Console +DoNotEcho | grep %
                      log_flags General Developer DeveloperConsole Panel Panorama  PanoramaScript VScript VScriptDbg VScriptScripts CustomUI  CustomGameCache CustomNetTable +DoNotEcho
                      log_flags AnimationGraph AnimationSystem AnimGraphManager AnimResource  Assert "BitBuf Error" BoneSetup Client "Combat Analyzer" CommandLine D3D  Decals Demo DeveloperVerbose DotaGuide DOTAHLTVCamera +DoNotEcho
                      log_flags DOTAHLTVDirector DOTA_CHAT DownloadManager EmitSound  EngineInitialization EngineServiceManager "Entity Dump" "Entity Load  Unserialize" "Entity System" Filesystem GameEventSystem GCClient  GlobalState HangWatchdog "HLTV Server" Host +DoNotEcho
                      log_flags HostStateManager IME InputService InputSystem InstantReplay  LOADING MaterialSystem MeshSystem ModelCombiner modellib NavMesh  NetworkClientService Networking "Networking Reliable" NetworkP2PService  NetworkServerService +DoNotEcho
                      log_flags NetworkService Particles ParticlesLib Physics PostProcessing  PostProcessPipeline RenderPipelineDota RenderPipelineVr RenderService  RenderSystem ResourceSystem SaveRestore SaveRestoreIO Scaleform  "Scaleform IME" ScaleformAS +DoNotEcho
                      log_flags ScaleformParse ScaleformScript SceneSystem SchemaSystem  SchemaSystemUtils Server ServerLog SignonState SndEmitterSystem  SndOperators SoundOperatorSystem SoundOpGameSystem SoundSystem  SoundSystemLowLevel SpawnGroup SplitPacket +DoNotEcho
                      log_flags SplitScreen Steam SteamDatagramClient SteamDatagramServer  SteamUnifiedMessages ToneMapping ToolGameSimulation TypeManager Vfx  VguiCallQueue VolumetricFog VProf VR WeekendTourney Workshop  WorldRenderer +DoNotEcho
                      log_flags Console General -DoNotEcho | grep %
                      Troubleshooting crashes
                      Dota 2 Resources: autoexec.cfg reference / benchmark.cfg / Tweak it yourself (launch options, cvars) / useful batch files
                      No-Bling GlanceValue & FPS ++ NEW! Panorama hotkeys NEW! dota_primary_mm_language_override NEW TOGGLE_QUICKCAST_TP.bat NEW FIX LEGACY KEYS YOURSELF! NEW Toggle UI Animations OFF

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by aveyo View Post
                        See my benchmark.cfg alternative. I'm just gonna copy-paste the relevant code to silence most of the console spam:
                        Code:
                        log_flags Console +DoNotEcho | grep %
                        log_flags General Developer DeveloperConsole Panel Panorama  PanoramaScript VScript VScriptDbg VScriptScripts CustomUI  CustomGameCache CustomNetTable +DoNotEcho
                        log_flags AnimationGraph AnimationSystem AnimGraphManager AnimResource  Assert "BitBuf Error" BoneSetup Client "Combat Analyzer" CommandLine D3D  Decals Demo DeveloperVerbose DotaGuide DOTAHLTVCamera +DoNotEcho
                        log_flags DOTAHLTVDirector DOTA_CHAT DownloadManager EmitSound  EngineInitialization EngineServiceManager "Entity Dump" "Entity Load  Unserialize" "Entity System" Filesystem GameEventSystem GCClient  GlobalState HangWatchdog "HLTV Server" Host +DoNotEcho
                        log_flags HostStateManager IME InputService InputSystem InstantReplay  LOADING MaterialSystem MeshSystem ModelCombiner modellib NavMesh  NetworkClientService Networking "Networking Reliable" NetworkP2PService  NetworkServerService +DoNotEcho
                        log_flags NetworkService Particles ParticlesLib Physics PostProcessing  PostProcessPipeline RenderPipelineDota RenderPipelineVr RenderService  RenderSystem ResourceSystem SaveRestore SaveRestoreIO Scaleform  "Scaleform IME" ScaleformAS +DoNotEcho
                        log_flags ScaleformParse ScaleformScript SceneSystem SchemaSystem  SchemaSystemUtils Server ServerLog SignonState SndEmitterSystem  SndOperators SoundOperatorSystem SoundOpGameSystem SoundSystem  SoundSystemLowLevel SpawnGroup SplitPacket +DoNotEcho
                        log_flags SplitScreen Steam SteamDatagramClient SteamDatagramServer  SteamUnifiedMessages ToneMapping ToolGameSimulation TypeManager Vfx  VguiCallQueue VolumetricFog VProf VR WeekendTourney Workshop  WorldRenderer +DoNotEcho
                        log_flags Console General -DoNotEcho | grep %
                        thanks ill give it a go

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          since the recent update says there are game performance update i tried to do performance test again and got this http://pastebin.com/raw/TzVbz33j

                          * If the Particles disabled FPS is higher than the Baseline FPS you can drop the Effects Quality in the Video options to possibly increase your perf.
                          * If the Game only FPS is significantly higher than the Baseline FPS you can turn off High Quality UI in the Video options to possibly increase your perf.

                          this 2 factor (particle effects and game UI) are what needs optimization it seems, i already set the effects quality to low and turned off the high quality dashboard

                          i tested with the hero Underlord and spammed his first ability Firestorm since that is the ability that gives me the lowest FPS when playing

                          hope Valve can optimize the game performance for low end computers, buying a new computer/graphics card is out of option for me at this time since we do not have money yet

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            more than 2 days ago I have been releasing the dota reinventing it to install but now I do not even know if the game was after an update save some a solution thank you very much plis help me

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I got Intel HD 4000 plus Nvidia NVS 5200 on my laptop.
                              The system is configured to use the Nvidia when running dota2, but if I run the perftest it always shows HD 4000 (even if I right-click dota2.exe and select nvidia explicitly) in the log. Is this a bug or just a wrong printout?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                How can I use my Nvidia-card? Any help appreciated.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X