Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Dota 2 Server Information and Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    250ms not PLAYABLE

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by chuah View Post
      250+ is playable. Stop complaining.
      chuah. really its not playable, with 290 ping and ever increasing of packet loss its really difficult to last hit, cast or do anything together with team!
      CPU: i7-4790k 4ghz
      Cooler: Zalman Quiet
      RAM:16 gb Kingston HyperX Furry
      MB: Gigabye z97n-wifi
      GPU: Evga GTX 970 sc 4GB
      HDD: Intel 530 series 240gb, 2 TB wd green
      PSU: Silverstone SFX 600w
      Case: Silvestone rvz01b

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by ZyPhyrus View Post
        chuah. really its not playable, with 290 ping and ever increasing of packet loss its really difficult to last hit, cast or do anything together with team!
        Asia Pacific though is a continent and it is not homogeneous.
        In Asia Pacific, the telecommunication in each country has their own pace on deregulation which leads to price differentials and network qualities differentials.
        The infrastructure is not seamless because there isnít one Telcos that covered all parts of Asia.
        The language and culture are different which pose a great challenge on countries interconnection. Example, A and B are fierce competitors and they prefer not to interconnect at immediate home ground but their networks are mostly interconnected in A Zone/B Zone. This leads to added latency by 30ms. Asiaís telecommunication network infrastructure build up is also slow because the geography are challenging.
        Please be patience, Valve is working hard to this.

        Comment


        • #94
          EU servers down?

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by eclubmalaysia View Post
            Asia Pacific though is a continent and it is not homogeneous.
            In Asia Pacific, the telecommunication in each country has their own pace on deregulation which leads to price differentials and network qualities differentials.
            The infrastructure is not seamless because there isnít one Telcos that covered all parts of Asia.
            The language and culture are different which pose a great challenge on countries interconnection. Example, A and B are fierce competitors and they prefer not to interconnect at immediate home ground but their networks are mostly interconnected in A Zone/B Zone. This leads to added latency by 30ms. Asiaís telecommunication network infrastructure build up is also slow because the geography are challenging.
            Please be patience, Valve is working hard to this.

            Yes i know asia region suffers a lot in internet and it is in a developing stage. but in my region (i.e. middle east) is quite ok tbh! .... like if i do a matchmaking search in cod or tf2 or CS:GO i quickly get low ping servers mainly around 30-150 ms which is really good for playing and really we can enjoy the game.

            for example i still play dota1 on GG with UAE region and i never lag

            only dota 2 is killing me literally all team mates keep complaing, i even get packet loss (u can chck frm net_graph 1 or -ping) . I need help and only the devs can do something about it.
            CPU: i7-4790k 4ghz
            Cooler: Zalman Quiet
            RAM:16 gb Kingston HyperX Furry
            MB: Gigabye z97n-wifi
            GPU: Evga GTX 970 sc 4GB
            HDD: Intel 530 series 240gb, 2 TB wd green
            PSU: Silverstone SFX 600w
            Case: Silvestone rvz01b

            Comment


            • #96
              Dear Valve,
              I am from Indonesian got some afk from SEA/China servers with unknown reason when played greevil gamemode this evening. Our Cafe using 10 mbps for bandwith connection. Please fix it valve with soon.
              Its very idiot to quit play dota 2/TF2 if only problem with comestic items

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by ZyPhyrus View Post
                chuah. really its not playable, with 290 ping and ever increasing of packet loss its really difficult to last hit, cast or do anything together with team!
                Yes, it really is. You can account for the delay when last hitting, and you can still cast spells with decent timing. I consistently play with 330+ ping with no issues.

                Comment


                • #98
                  is there anything that can be fixed about this routing (Pakistan to EU West)?

                  Pretty decent numbers except for the last few, was told by my ISP that the results below are the most efficient route. Any help would be appreciated.


                  Tracing route to gw.lux.valve.net [146.66.152.1]
                  over a maximum of 30 hops:

                  1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 225.110.34.38-static-fiberlink.net.pk [110.34.38
                  .225]
                  2 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms 25.110.34.32-static-fiberlink.net.pk [110.34.32.
                  25]
                  3 7 ms 8 ms 6 ms tw16-static53.tw1.com [117.20.16.53]
                  4 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms tw255-static21.tw1.com [110.93.255.21]
                  5 * 112 ms * po0-2-2-1.mag21.mrs01.atlas.cogentco.com [149.6.
                  154.33]
                  6 111 ms 111 ms 111 ms te0-4-0-6.ccr21.mrs01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
                  .39.209]
                  7 123 ms 122 ms 122 ms te0-0-0-15.mpd21.par01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.5
                  4.59.233]
                  8 123 ms 124 ms 123 ms te2-1.ccr01.par05.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.2.
                  242]
                  9 241 ms 240 ms 244 ms xe-11-2-0.par70.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.90.33]
                  10 250 ms 248 ms 251 ms fra60.ip4.tinet.net [141.136.109.253]
                  11 183 ms 182 ms 182 ms valve-gw.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.74.170]
                  12 183 ms 181 ms 183 ms gw.lux.valve.net [146.66.152.1]

                  Trace complete.


                  Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays !

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Europe east or west is bugging at this moment u start game it throw's u out and when u try to reconnect it says "Canot find game session canot connet to server" and u get low priority for nothing please fix them -.-

                    Comment


                    • Shanghai servers have been down all day. Any updates from developers would be appreciated.

                      Comment


                      • developers have holiday so i guess we just w8

                        Comment


                        • I disagree I can't even play on europe with 175+
                          If you think 250 is acceptable then you are definitely not a very good player.
                          twitch.tv/blindpanda1 [1080p] DotA 2 Live Gaming Stream w/ Trivia!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by joe7dust View Post
                            I disagree I can't even play on europe with 175+
                            If you think 250 is acceptable then you are definitely not a very good player.
                            What on earth does skill have to do with it? And I'm pretty sure good players are able to compensate for latency to get similar results. Pro players play with high ping for international online tournaments all the time. It's the bad players who whine that 100+ pings ruin their games.

                            250ms is on the upper end of playable, but it's still there. Pretty unrealistic to expect Valve to provide <150ms servers to the entire world. They cannot control the world's internet infrastructure.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hyzhenhok View Post
                              What on earth does skill have to do with it? And I'm pretty sure good players are able to compensate for latency to get similar results. Pro players play with high ping for international online tournaments all the time. It's the bad players who whine that 100+ pings ruin their games.

                              250ms is on the upper end of playable, but it's still there. Pretty unrealistic to expect Valve to provide <150ms servers to the entire world. They cannot control the world's internet infrastructure.
                              That's not unrealistic at all, many games do it. They stand to make pure profit in the store, just use some of that on servers.

                              Also the way latency relates to skill is that, the unexperienced player probably won't even notice the lag. He's not trying to execute precision timing just auto attack or whatever he decides to click on.
                              twitch.tv/blindpanda1 [1080p] DotA 2 Live Gaming Stream w/ Trivia!

                              Comment


                              • at 350 ping i don't even known what is happening in game
                                CPU: i7-4790k 4ghz
                                Cooler: Zalman Quiet
                                RAM:16 gb Kingston HyperX Furry
                                MB: Gigabye z97n-wifi
                                GPU: Evga GTX 970 sc 4GB
                                HDD: Intel 530 series 240gb, 2 TB wd green
                                PSU: Silverstone SFX 600w
                                Case: Silvestone rvz01b

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X