Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Australia and South Africa Server Support

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Australia and South Africa Server Support

    Post your issues about the Australian and South African servers here

  • #2
    What's the ip of the australian server?

    Comment


    • #3
      IIRC it's 103.10.125.1
      BAD person is someone who only think that he/she is a pro and others are noob and then blame the Matchmaking challenge.
      GOOD person is someone who accept the Matchmaking challenge and succeeded getting a teamwork in his/her team

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Havent had any problems on the South Africa server in ages... I'm not sure about others.

          Comment


          • #6
            TelstraGlobal problem, need help

            C:\Users\Администратор>tracert 103.10.125.1

            Трассировка маршрута к syd.valve.net [103.10.125.1]
            с максимальным числом прыжков 30:

            1 <1 мс * * 193.168.1.1
            2 * * * Превышен интервал ожидания для запроса.
            3 1 ms 2 ms 1 ms a85-15-96-1.pppoe.vtelecom.ru [85.15.96.1]
            4 10 ms 10 ms 11 ms homer-elzar-10g.vtelecom.ru [85.15.64.14]
            5 4 ms 19 ms 21 ms 85.15.64.101
            6 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms bender-homer-tr-2g.vtelecom.ru [85.15.64.9]
            7 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 94.25.95.105
            8 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms ge-2-0-0.uak10-ar2.dv.ip.rostelecom.ru [87.226.133.182]
            9 73 ms 74 ms 73 ms pos1-1-0.ar03.hkg04.pccwbtn.net [63.218.3.253]
            10 75 ms 76 ms 75 ms 63.218.204.34
            11 76 ms 75 ms 75 ms reach-tenge4-2.br01.hkg08.pccwbtn.net [63.218.205.146]
            12 75 ms 75 ms 75 ms i-9-0-0.hkhh-core01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.153.246]
            13 329 ms 327 ms 327 ms i-0-2-0-2.sydp-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.84.141.209]
            14 327 ms 323 ms 335 ms tengigabitethernet0-2-0-5.pad-gw1.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.13.25]
            15 332 ms 331 ms 331 ms bundle-ether3.chw-core2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.26]
            16 331 ms 335 ms 335 ms bundle-ether1.chw48.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.154]
            17 329 ms 335 ms 335 ms bundle-ether2.ken39.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.182]
            18 322 ms 322 ms 322 ms high985158.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.72.178]
            19 319 ms 319 ms 319 ms unknown.hwng.net [173.245.208.222]
            20 330 ms 330 ms 332 ms syd.valve.net [103.10.125.1]

            Source ip 85.15.115.255 85.15.115.X

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by khab.me View Post
              TelstraGlobal problem, need help

              C:\Users\Администратор>tracert 103.10.125.1

              Трассировка маршрута к syd.valve.net [103.10.125.1]
              с максимальным числом прыжков 30:

              1 <1 мс * * 193.168.1.1
              2 * * * Превышен интервал ожидания для запроса.
              3 1 ms 2 ms 1 ms a85-15-96-1.pppoe.vtelecom.ru [85.15.96.1]
              4 10 ms 10 ms 11 ms homer-elzar-10g.vtelecom.ru [85.15.64.14]
              5 4 ms 19 ms 21 ms 85.15.64.101
              6 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms bender-homer-tr-2g.vtelecom.ru [85.15.64.9]
              7 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 94.25.95.105
              8 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms ge-2-0-0.uak10-ar2.dv.ip.rostelecom.ru [87.226.133.182]
              9 73 ms 74 ms 73 ms pos1-1-0.ar03.hkg04.pccwbtn.net [63.218.3.253]
              10 75 ms 76 ms 75 ms 63.218.204.34
              11 76 ms 75 ms 75 ms reach-tenge4-2.br01.hkg08.pccwbtn.net [63.218.205.146]
              12 75 ms 75 ms 75 ms i-9-0-0.hkhh-core01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.153.246]
              13 329 ms 327 ms 327 ms i-0-2-0-2.sydp-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.84.141.209]
              14 327 ms 323 ms 335 ms tengigabitethernet0-2-0-5.pad-gw1.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.13.25]
              15 332 ms 331 ms 331 ms bundle-ether3.chw-core2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.26]
              16 331 ms 335 ms 335 ms bundle-ether1.chw48.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.154]
              17 329 ms 335 ms 335 ms bundle-ether2.ken39.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.182]
              18 322 ms 322 ms 322 ms high985158.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.72.178]
              19 319 ms 319 ms 319 ms unknown.hwng.net [173.245.208.222]
              20 330 ms 330 ms 332 ms syd.valve.net [103.10.125.1]

              Source ip 85.15.115.255 85.15.115.X
              12 75 ms 75 ms 75 ms i-9-0-0.hkhh-core01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.153.246]
              13 329 ms 327 ms 327 ms i-0-2-0-2.sydp-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.84.141.209]

              Hop 12 is in Hong Kong as stated in the address hkhh-core01.bi.telstraglobal.net
              Hop 13 is in Sydney as stated in the address sydp-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net

              Of course between Hong Kong and Sydney there will be a latency increase, and the rest of the traceroute looks fine.

              Comment


              • #8
                There's been a huge influx of russians on our australian servers, they are reported straight away which means they are also mute banned. you can tell who they are 400 pings. The team with the least russians wins everytime. This didn't happen pre mute bans patch are the russians servers down or something?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Probably people like that guy above.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Im hhaving this issuse when ever i start a game everything loads fine until after ive picked a hero and get into game, then i get what appears to be lag but my ping is normal and I have no packet loss, the game freezes for a couple of secs then semi loads and repeats, Ive gotten put into low prio on both my accounts now because of this, Ive tried restarting dota etc but the problem still occurs, In console im getting this "Receiving uncompressed update from server" over and over again. An idea of whats going on would be great



                    C:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_WAIT_FOR_PLAYERS_TO_LOAD'
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    C:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_HERO_SELECTION'
                    Randoming npc_dota_hero_sniper!
                    Randoming npc_dota_hero_enchantress!
                    Randoming npc_dota_hero_slark!
                    Randoming npc_dota_hero_keeper_of_the_light!
                    Randoming npc_dota_hero_vengefulspirit!
                    C:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_PRE_GAME'
                    Model heroes/sniper/sniper.mdl over budget: 3451 tris, 6 batches
                    Model heroes/pudge/pudge.mdl over budget: 3498 tris, 7 batches
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    UnserializeDMX: Unable to open file "particles\particle_snapshots\furion\furion_cape.p sf"
                    UnserializeDMX: Unable to open file "particles\particle_snapshots\furion\furion_cape.p sf"
                    ERROR: CParticleSnapshot::Unserialize - could not load file particles\particle_snapshots\furion\furion_cape.ps f!
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    CDOTA_ParticleManager: missing effect index: 4765
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Model heroes/Phantom_lancer/phantom_lancer.mdl over budget: 3010 tris, 7 batches
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server
                    Receiving uncompressed update from server

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Zirain, it sounds like you are getting a large amount of packet loss which causes the game to reset the connection and request a "full update" from the server. If your connection has very low bandwidth, this full update maybe too large and being dropped, so you end up stuck.

                      There are a few suggestions I can make that may help:

                      - Are you playing in wireless? Wireless can cause huge drops in packet loss based on load and interference. Try moving to a wired connection if possible.
                      - Enable the console in Dota 2 and try setting "rate 20000" in the console. This will tell the server to send its data at a lower rate to you which may reduce the burst traffic that is interfering. The default rate is "80000". You can probably set rate as low as 12000, but I wouldn't recommend that as the game will start choking packets to try to keep the data under the rate cap you set.

                      Let me know if either of those changes help you. Also, typing "net_graph 5" into the console and taking a screenshot of the graph shortly after one of these incidents may assist in seeing what is occuring.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you are receiving uncompressed updates from the server then you are not keeping up with the update stream coming from the server. I suspect that the uncompressed updates are making the problem worse. What type of internet connection do you have and how are you connected to your router? It might also be useful to know what make/model of router you have.


                        Originally posted by Zirain View Post
                        Im hhaving this issuse when ever i start a game everything loads fine until after ive picked a hero and get into game, then i get what appears to be lag but my ping is normal and I have no packet loss, the game freezes for a couple of secs then semi loads and repeats, Ive gotten put into low prio on both my accounts now because of this, Ive tried restarting dota etc but the problem still occurs, In console im getting this "Receiving uncompressed update from server" over and over again. An idea of whats going on would be great



                        C:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_WAIT_FOR_PLAYERS_TO_LOAD'
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        C:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_HERO_SELECTION'
                        Randoming npc_dota_hero_sniper!
                        Randoming npc_dota_hero_enchantress!
                        Randoming npc_dota_hero_slark!
                        Randoming npc_dota_hero_keeper_of_the_light!
                        Randoming npc_dota_hero_vengefulspirit!
                        C:Gamerules: entering state 'DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_PRE_GAME'
                        Model heroes/sniper/sniper.mdl over budget: 3451 tris, 6 batches
                        Model heroes/pudge/pudge.mdl over budget: 3498 tris, 7 batches
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        UnserializeDMX: Unable to open file "particles\particle_snapshots\furion\furion_cape.p sf"
                        UnserializeDMX: Unable to open file "particles\particle_snapshots\furion\furion_cape.p sf"
                        ERROR: CParticleSnapshot::Unserialize - could not load file particles\particle_snapshots\furion\furion_cape.ps f!
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        CDOTA_ParticleManager: missing effect index: 4765
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Model heroes/Phantom_lancer/phantom_lancer.mdl over budget: 3010 tris, 7 batches
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server
                        Receiving uncompressed update from server

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hello. I've been getting pings of about 230ms to Australian servers. It seems my connection is being routed from Singapore to Hong Kong and then to Australia.

                          1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
                          2 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms fnet65-f109-access.vqbn.com.sg [202.83.109.65]
                          3 2 ms 2 ms 3 ms 202.73.37.254
                          4 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms 165.21.19.177
                          5 16 ms 4 ms 4 ms 165.21.12.86
                          6 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms 165.21.45.94
                          7 3 ms 3 ms 4 ms 203.118.7.15
                          8 3 ms 4 ms 3 ms an-ats-int10.starhub.net.sg [203.118.3.176]
                          9 6 ms 5 ms 7 ms 203.116.5.158
                          10 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms i-1-2-0.istt-core01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84
                          .243.113]
                          11 55 ms 54 ms 54 ms i-0-1-1-0.pthw-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.
                          84.141.9]
                          12 225 ms 226 ms 226 ms tengige0-2-0-7.wel-core3.perth.telstra.net [203.
                          50.13.225]
                          13 216 ms 218 ms 218 ms bundle-ether7.fli-core1.adelaide.telstra.net [20
                          3.50.11.18]
                          14 219 ms 217 ms 221 ms bundle-ether9.win-core1.melbourne.telstra.net [2
                          03.50.11.91]
                          15 218 ms 216 ms 222 ms bundle-ether12.ken-core4.sydney.telstra.net [203
                          .50.11.12]
                          16 223 ms 226 ms 226 ms bundle-ether1.ken39.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6
                          .146]
                          17 216 ms 216 ms 217 ms high985158.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.72.178]
                          18 216 ms 216 ms 216 ms unknown.hwng.net [173.245.208.218]
                          19 223 ms 222 ms 223 ms 103-10-125-227.valve.net [103.10.125.227]

                          With the SEA-ME-WE-3 cable having been restored, the route could be better optimised going straight to Perth from Singapore. I've been getting a steady 50ms latency to www.iinet.com.au through a more optimised route.

                          1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
                          2 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms fnet65-f109-access.vqbn.com.sg [202.83.109.
                          3 2 ms 3 ms 2 ms 202.73.37.231
                          4 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms p4739.sgw.equinix.com [202.79.197.45]
                          5 50 ms 50 ms * po0-1-1.cor1.per1.on.ii.net [203.16.211.230
                          6 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms xe-0-0-0.cr1.per1.on.ii.net [150.101.33.98]
                          7 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms po6-10.per-qv1-bdr2.on.ii.net [150.101.33.9
                          8 50 ms 50 ms 51 ms gi5-2.icp-osb-core1.iinet.net.au [203.215.4
                          9 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms www.iinet.net.au [203.173.50.151]

                          Is there any way for Valve to better optimise the route through Telstra?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Tracing route to 103.10.125.1 over a maximum of 20 hops

                            1 * * * Request timed out.
                            2 84ms 29ms 12ms 110.93.70.33
                            3 20ms 39ms 37ms 27.109.64.137
                            4 18ms 34ms 57ms 110.93.64.245
                            5 68ms 28ms 26ms 110.93.64.126
                            6 54ms 39ms 15ms 110.93.64.121
                            7 71ms 28ms 28ms 110.93.64.253
                            8 42ms 31ms 20ms 122.55.110.237
                            9 89ms 47ms 33ms 210.213.135.230
                            10 69ms 66ms 32ms 210.213.131.21
                            11 75ms 69ms 70ms 134.159.158.45
                            12 81ms 62ms 58ms 202.84.154.217
                            13 177ms 175ms 180ms 202.84.141.209
                            14 208ms 177ms 181ms 203.50.13.141
                            15 177ms 179ms 180ms 203.50.6.26
                            16 190ms 179ms 204ms 203.50.6.154
                            17 236ms 178ms 204ms 203.50.6.182
                            18 186ms 187ms 237ms 139.130.72.178
                            19 205ms 187ms 205ms 173.245.208.218
                            20 190ms 189ms 188ms 103.10.125.1

                            Trace complete.
                            please can you still optimize connection

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Unfortunately, I can't control where Telstra decides to peer. There are most likely business reasons why Starhub and Telstra don't peer in Singapore. Since Starhub is one of the major network providers in Singapore they will want to charge Telstra for connectivity to them. Telstra does the same thing for any foreign network wanting to connect to them in Australia. So the cheapest place to connect the 2 networks it outside of their region. Hong Kong is the just the closest point that is "neutral". Unfortunately, routing isn't all about the shortest path, or the highest bandwidth. It is about what is cost effective.

                              Originally posted by unusep View Post
                              Hello. I've been getting pings of about 230ms to Australian servers. It seems my connection is being routed from Singapore to Hong Kong and then to Australia.

                              1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
                              2 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms fnet65-f109-access.vqbn.com.sg [202.83.109.65]
                              3 2 ms 2 ms 3 ms 202.73.37.254
                              4 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms 165.21.19.177
                              5 16 ms 4 ms 4 ms 165.21.12.86
                              6 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms 165.21.45.94
                              7 3 ms 3 ms 4 ms 203.118.7.15
                              8 3 ms 4 ms 3 ms an-ats-int10.starhub.net.sg [203.118.3.176]
                              9 6 ms 5 ms 7 ms 203.116.5.158
                              10 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms i-1-2-0.istt-core01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84
                              .243.113]
                              11 55 ms 54 ms 54 ms i-0-1-1-0.pthw-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.
                              84.141.9]
                              12 225 ms 226 ms 226 ms tengige0-2-0-7.wel-core3.perth.telstra.net [203.
                              50.13.225]
                              13 216 ms 218 ms 218 ms bundle-ether7.fli-core1.adelaide.telstra.net [20
                              3.50.11.18]
                              14 219 ms 217 ms 221 ms bundle-ether9.win-core1.melbourne.telstra.net [2
                              03.50.11.91]
                              15 218 ms 216 ms 222 ms bundle-ether12.ken-core4.sydney.telstra.net [203
                              .50.11.12]
                              16 223 ms 226 ms 226 ms bundle-ether1.ken39.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6
                              .146]
                              17 216 ms 216 ms 217 ms high985158.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.72.178]
                              18 216 ms 216 ms 216 ms unknown.hwng.net [173.245.208.218]
                              19 223 ms 222 ms 223 ms 103-10-125-227.valve.net [103.10.125.227]

                              With the SEA-ME-WE-3 cable having been restored, the route could be better optimised going straight to Perth from Singapore. I've been getting a steady 50ms latency to www.iinet.com.au through a more optimised route.

                              1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
                              2 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms fnet65-f109-access.vqbn.com.sg [202.83.109.
                              3 2 ms 3 ms 2 ms 202.73.37.231
                              4 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms p4739.sgw.equinix.com [202.79.197.45]
                              5 50 ms 50 ms * po0-1-1.cor1.per1.on.ii.net [203.16.211.230
                              6 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms xe-0-0-0.cr1.per1.on.ii.net [150.101.33.98]
                              7 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms po6-10.per-qv1-bdr2.on.ii.net [150.101.33.9
                              8 50 ms 50 ms 51 ms gi5-2.icp-osb-core1.iinet.net.au [203.215.4
                              9 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms www.iinet.net.au [203.173.50.151]

                              Is there any way for Valve to better optimise the route through Telstra?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X