Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Possible Bug: TI3 Immortal Couriers Not Unusual from Codes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possible Bug: TI3 Immortal Couriers Not Unusual from Codes

    Is this intended or a bug? Some people who got their TI3 couriers from the trading cards say that their courier has an unusual effect in game, but is not marked as unusual.
    Last year the couriers from the secret shop codes were unusual, just like the ones from the chests, so this is causing quite a bit of confusion.

    Edit: It seems that the Mythicals (Batrider Mount, Jugg Sword, Puck Wings, Etc.) from the secret shop have the same "glitch," as none of them are tagged as "genuine" like all promo items should.

    This is now widely believed to have something to do with the way the codes generate the item, botching the intended tags such as "genuine" or "unusual," giving the user the base item instead.
    (Similar to what happened with Battlefury.)
    Last edited by Gregor; 08-08-2013, 12:52 PM.

  • #2
    My money is on intended, though them not even having a TI3 tag is very strange.

    Comment


    • #3
      my money is in my pocket, definitely not giving valve

      Comment


      • #4
        This is fair imo, considering how many people opened many chests in the hope of getting unusual couriers.
        All their efforts and money will be for nothing if you can get the exact same courier just for buying something at the secret shop. ($50 worth of keys is not guaranteed to get you a courier after all)

        No one will gamble money on opening international chests next year for couriers, if you can simply get the exact same ones from buying stuff at the secret shop. Unusual effect should remain for unboxed only!

        Comment


        • #5
          its probably not a bug and its fair for everyone. last year nobody spend crazy amount of money for ti2 couriers we had smaller community. this year a lot of people pay that couriers hundreds of dollars in steam market and opening hundreds of chest to get that courier which only %1 chance to get them. So they decide to not giveaway free those unusual couriers and they found this solution they differante them. now ti3 gift owners can enjoy their FREE stuff ( its completely free when you buy 50 usd merchandise. you get the digital items, goods and free immortal ti3 courier) comes with memories and the unusual ones come from chest owners won't hurt by that. it seems logical and fair. Good job
          Last edited by dragula341; 08-08-2013, 03:16 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Asamoya View Post
            This is fair imo, considering how many people opened many chests in the hope of getting unusual couriers.
            All their efforts and money will be for nothing if you can get the exact same courier just for buying something at the secret shop. ($50 worth of keys is not guaranteed to get you a courier after all)

            No one will gamble money on opening international chests next year for couriers, if you can simply get the exact same ones from buying stuff at the secret shop. Unusual effect should remain for unboxed only!
            +1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dragula341 View Post
              its probably not a bug and its fair for everyone. last year nobody spend crazy amount of money for ti2 couriers we had smaller community. this year a lot of people pay that couriers hundreds of dollars in steam market and opening hundreds of chest to get that courier which only %1 chance to get them. So they decide to not giveaway free those unusual couriers and they found this solution they differante them. now ti3 gift owners can enjoy their FREE stuff ( its completely free when you buy 50 usd merchandise. you get the digital items, goods and free immortal ti3 courier) comes with memories and the unusual ones come from chest owners won't hurt by that. it seems logical and fair. Good job
              +1

              nice said

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Asamoya View Post
                This is fair imo, considering how many people opened many chests in the hope of getting unusual couriers.
                All their efforts and money will be for nothing if you can get the exact same courier just for buying something at the secret shop. ($50 worth of keys is not guaranteed to get you a courier after all)

                No one will gamble money on opening international chests next year for couriers, if you can simply get the exact same ones from buying stuff at the secret shop. Unusual effect should remain for unboxed only!
                Well, it's not from the online secret shop, only to those who attend the tournament up in Seattle.
                If this is intended, the usual ones would actually be far more rare than the unusual lol...
                I don't see how this would even be a concern of valve's, or even TI3 courier owners when it wouldn't really compare to the amounts of unboxed couriers that presently exist.
                Just seems sort of lame to give people who actually attended the big event a ripoff of the courier, especially when people were waiting in line for them for 2-3 hours while the event was going on.
                I mean, they gave out unusuals last year in the same manner, and as Dreams said, the ones from the secret shop aren't even marked with the TI3 tag.
                Last edited by Gregor; 08-08-2013, 08:09 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Asamoya View Post
                  This is fair imo, considering how many people opened many chests in the hope of getting unusual couriers.
                  All their efforts and money will be for nothing if you can get the exact same courier just for buying something at the secret shop. ($50 worth of keys is not guaranteed to get you a courier after all)

                  No one will gamble money on opening international chests next year for couriers, if you can simply get the exact same ones from buying stuff at the secret shop. Unusual effect should remain for unboxed only!
                  Same thing could have been said for people who spent thousands on plane tickets and maybe hundreds on after market tickets for the 5 day event(think about how much an average worker will get paid for working 5 days), which then still have to spend at least $50 USD on merchandise before they are given a pack of card for 1 of the 3 random couriers. Which when it comes to chest, people have at least 3 weeks of time to open them, and some might get lucky and got it on their 1st pull. As rarity is concerned, I think over time there will be more couriers pulled from chest than couriers given at the tournament as bonus to a purchase. The given ones deserved to be unusual or have another special effect attached to it.
                  Last edited by dreamc4st; 08-08-2013, 09:30 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Another interesting thing i just noticed is that almost all of the new mythicals from the secret shop are not marked as genuine. Could this be a similar issue to the TI3 couriers?
                    Scythe of Vyse is genuine, but it has been owned by many professional players for quite sometime now.
                    Last edited by Gregor; 08-08-2013, 11:19 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dreamc4st View Post
                      Same thing could have been said for people who spent thousands on plane tickets and maybe hundreds on after market tickets for the 5 day event(think about how much an average worker will get paid for working 5 days), which then still have to spend at least $50 USD on merchandise before they are given a pack of card for 1 of the 3 random couriers. Which when it comes to chest, people have at least 3 weeks of time to open them, and some might get lucky and got it on their 1st pull. As rarity is concerned, I think over time there will be more couriers pulled from chest than couriers given at the tournament as bonus to a purchase. The given ones deserved to be unusual or have another special effect attached to it.
                      I really dont thing people spent thousands on plane and hundreds for tickets for getting a green unusual effect. well I am really tired of it just I copy paste two post

                      I have not heard of the smeevils changing rarity, but does that really affect the visual effect? I also think a lot of people are looking at the courier trading cards incorrectly. They're looking at it as paying $50 for a cool flashy new courier. it's just supposed to be a bonus for buying a lot of stuff at the secret shop. People are seeing this as: "cool, I get one of those sweet new couriers for $50! oh yeah, and I also get a bunch of dota clothes... that's cool I guess." Valve aren't gonna make the couriers unusual if the only purpose is for it to be a bonus... it's just a fun little extra. Now, if you want to go all out and get the unusual effect, that's fine. That's what chests are for (and have always been for) after all.


                      you get that couriers for FREE with everytime you speand 50 usd on merchandise. you get goods,digital in game items and also BONUS immortal ti3 courier for free. but other people have to pay for it. people charged by valve because of tournament ticket not for hatz. it's cruel if valve give away free the same couriers which people pay 100-250 usd on steam market and opening hundreds of chest for it. people in ti3 are already luckliest dota players ever they can attend really cool activites, they can see their favourite teams, living the excitement of the biggest tournament of dota 2 which most of the dota players only dream of, also they get free stuffs like immortal ti3 couriers,autographed items... etc

                      one last thing this is a bug thread if one mod end this topic with proper explanation we all be happy
                      Last edited by dragula341; 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gregor View Post
                        Another interesting thing i just noticed is that almost all of the new mythicals from the secret shop are not marked as genuine. Could this be a similar issue to the TI3 couriers?
                        Scythe of Vyse is genuine, but it has been owned by many professional players for quite sometime now.
                        I think it needs special effort to remove effect change the item's name and keep the base effect not like adding only genuine tag
                        Last edited by dragula341; 08-08-2013, 03:51 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dragula341 View Post
                          I think it needs special effort to remove effect change the item's name and keep the base effect not like adding only genuine tag
                          Not really, it's just a tag on the base item that adds the green smoke. No tag, no smoke. It's not that different from the genuine tag that enables selling the items on community market.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dreamc4st View Post
                            Same thing could have been said for people who spent thousands on plane tickets and maybe hundreds on after market tickets for the 5 day event(think about how much an average worker will get paid for working 5 days), which then still have to spend at least $50 USD on merchandise before they are given a pack of card for 1 of the 3 random couriers. Which when it comes to chest, people have at least 3 weeks of time to open them, and some might get lucky and got it on their 1st pull. As rarity is concerned, I think over time there will be more couriers pulled from chest than couriers given at the tournament as bonus to a purchase. The given ones deserved to be unusual or have another special effect attached to it.
                            Yeah, people sure spent thousands on plane tickets and hundreds on after market tickets just for a chance to spend $50 in the store for the courier. Hell, lets toss the merchandise away, we are paying $50 for a random courier! We want the unusual effect as well now!
                            These people paid that massive amount of money to see TI3 in person, to be part of the event in person. The courier is just a bonus tossed in.

                            Compare that to the people who spent $100+ solely for the chance to get an unusual courier, and nothing else?


                            Originally posted by dragula341 View Post
                            I really dont thing people spent thousands on plane and hundreds for tickets for getting a green unusual effect. well I am really tired of it just I copy paste two post

                            I have not heard of the smeevils changing rarity, but does that really affect the visual effect? I also think a lot of people are looking at the courier trading cards incorrectly. They're looking at it as paying $50 for a cool flashy new courier. it's just supposed to be a bonus for buying a lot of stuff at the secret shop. People are seeing this as: "cool, I get one of those sweet new couriers for $50! oh yeah, and I also get a bunch of dota clothes... that's cool I guess." Valve aren't gonna make the couriers unusual if the only purpose is for it to be a bonus... it's just a fun little extra. Now, if you want to go all out and get the unusual effect, that's fine. That's what chests are for (and have always been for) after all.


                            you get that couriers for FREE with everytime you speand 50 usd on merchandise. you get goods,digital in game items and also BONUS immortal ti3 courier for free. but other people have to pay for it. people charged by valve because of tournament ticket not for hatz. it's cruel if valve give away free the same couriers which people pay 100-250 usd on steam market and opening hundreds of chest for it. people in ti3 are already luckliest dota players ever they can attend really cool activites, they can see their favourite teams, living the excitement of the biggest tournament of dota 2 which most of the dota players only dream of, also they get free stuffs like immortal ti3 couriers,autographed items... etc

                            one last thing this is a bug thread if one mod end this topic with proper explanation we all be happy
                            +1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dragula341 View Post
                              one last thing this is a bug thread if one mod end this topic with proper explanation we all be happy
                              lol.
                              Yeah, that will happen.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X