Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Unusual International Couriers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    So there are 2 version of each International 2 couriers? Unusual Immortal (from chests) and Tournament Immortal (from spectating games with pennant), and both versions don't have any "unusual effect" as old Unusual Couriers have and Valve doesn't plan to add those unusual cool effects to these couriers? Am I right?

    At least they won't add them to the Shop after TI2, hopefully!

    (asking this because I am about to trade for one of those new couriers )
    None of this is real.

    Comment


    • #32
      I'm going to have to agree with the posters complaining about Drodo. His native effect is pretty lackluster compared to the other two, and I'd really like to see it improved in some meaningful way.

      Comment


      • #33
        Is it normal that Lockjaw courier doesn't have in-game portrait when you click on him?
        None of this is real.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Rainheart View Post
          Is it normal that Lockjaw courier doesn't have in-game portrait when you click on him?
          I think it is, 'cause mine doesn't have portrait as well.

          "I come for souls."

          Comment


          • #35
            I love my Drodo (IMO it's the best-looking one of three), but I agree that the visial effect could be made more distinct. You can see the slight orange glow, but the feather effect is absolutely unnoticeable. There are a few issues with this and other immortals at the moment, but I think Valve will fix them in the future - it's not really a big deal.

            Comment


            • #36
              After complaints about the effects on the sunfires Valve added more sparkles to them to make them more distinctive. Just be patient and hope they do, but if they don't, you do have a rare item which is no longer obtainable.

              Edit: The international couriers have their Item quality set to unusual by default, so unlike other couriers that have the unusual attribute added to them for the Unusual versions, these are unusual by design. It would appear its their rarity that makes them unusual, not simply the effect. (this may also explain why all the Tournament ones are turning into unusuals after a few days)

              Code:
               "item_slot"		"courier"
              			"item_quality"		"unusual"
              			"item_rarity"		"immortal"
              			"forced_item_quality"		"unusual"
              			"item_description"		"#DOTA_Item_Desc_Drodo_the_Druffin"
              Last edited by Aikari Tsero; 09-04-2012, 03:37 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                I was really hoping for the ones in the chests all have the blue flame.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Aikari Tsero View Post
                  After complaints about the effects on the sunfires Valve added more sparkles to them to make them more distinctive. Just be patient and hope they do, but if they don't, you do have a rare item which is no longer obtainable.

                  Edit: The international couriers have their Item quality set to unusual by default, so unlike other couriers that have the unusual attribute added to them for the Unusual versions, these are unusual by design. It would appear its their rarity that makes them unusual, not simply the effect. (this may also explain why all the Tournament ones are turning into unusuals after a few days)

                  Code:
                   "item_slot"		"courier"
                  			"item_quality"		"unusual"
                  			"item_rarity"		"immortal"
                  			"forced_item_quality"		"unusual"
                  			"item_description"		"#DOTA_Item_Desc_Drodo_the_Druffin"
                  Nope, their Rarity is Immortal, as the Timebreaker, The Unusual is another stuff (and i think that's what's binding the effect), Immortal stuff always has an effect tho. But the important thing is Drodo's feather effect is barely noticeable and it is the only unusual where you have this issue so i'm gonna go ahead and give a bump to this :P

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    i also think it should be changed,

                    i have a drodo and i love it, but ingame it is hard to even notice the feathers so i bump this

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by knurlhelm View Post
                      Nope, their Rarity is Immortal, as the Timebreaker, The Unusual is another stuff (and i think that's what's binding the effect), Immortal stuff always has an effect tho. But the important thing is Drodo's feather effect is barely noticeable and it is the only unusual where you have this issue so i'm gonna go ahead and give a bump to this :P
                      Rarity is immortal, QUALITY is Unusual. you can see that right there in that text I posted (item_quality" "unusual", "item_rarity" "immortal"). Unusual items always have an effect attached, immortal items seem to always have particles on them, but there are only 4 immortal items, 3 of which are unusual (and therefor always have an effect attached) so I doubt the "immortal" quality has to do with it (and there are a lot of misconceptions about what "immortal" means, but that's another story).
                      Last edited by Aikari Tsero; 09-12-2012, 06:25 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Aikari Tsero View Post
                        Rarity is immortal, QUALITY is Unusual. you can see that right there in that text I posted (item_quality" "unusual", "item_rarity" "immortal"). Unusual items always have an effect attached, immortal items seem to always have particles on them, but there are only 4 immortal items, 3 of which are unusual (and therefor always have an effect attached) so I doubt the "immortal" quality has to do with it (and there are a lot of misconceptions about what "immortal" means, but that's another story).
                        I knew that, i didn't said quality=unusual because it is pretty obvious tbh... but the thing is all the unusual have effects and the immortal too, the unusual have one of a list of effect and the immortal has one custom effect, so i wouldn't say it's 100% sure. Anyway, this is off topic so back to the main topic: FEATHERS! rofl

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Did they change anything to those Immortal TI2 couriers in today's patch?
                          None of this is real.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I think they didn't yet, feathers are still disappearing on the mid air, but this is low priority man don't think this will be fixed soon :P

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              +1 for Drodo's Particle Effect
                              http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057670902/

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                bump for MOAR FEATHERS!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X