Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Bug?] Tournament items are dropping for fans of the opposing team

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Bug?] Tournament items are dropping for fans of the opposing team

    whats going on? Guy doesnt have a orange pendant he has a navi pendant and he got the first blood courier when orange got the first blood.... thats really NOT cool at all whats up with that ****

    http://i.imgur.com/QREL5.jpg

  • #2
    Happened again with a double kill this game wtf

    EVERYONE WHOS WINNING ORANGES DOUBLE KILLS AND STUFF HAS A NAVI PENDANT AND NOT A ORANGE PENDANT WHY
    Last edited by TimeToParty; 08-27-2012, 01:15 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I would like to point out that there is nothing that says that you need to be wearing the team's pennant that gets the first blood/multi-kill/victory. The items and blog specifically say "[...], equipping your Pennant will also make you eligible for Tournament Class item drops while spectating a match that your team is participating in."

      Since there were 8000 Na'Vi pennant levels, versus only 500 Orange pennant levels, if everyone has a chance, it's of course going to have a very high chance of dropping for a Na'Vi fan.

      While it does appear to be fully intended, there is still the possibility it's a bug - I don't possess the information either way - so I'll let this thread remain open, as long as it remains clear of flaming and swearing. I'll also be editing the title, because all caps is a bloody disgrace and should not be used, regardless of the situation.
      To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
      Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.



      Lore moderator.

      Comment


      • #4
        thanks for title change, and yes u should give a better % of winning if u choose the right team

        Comment


        • #5
          If it does indeed not distinguish which of the teams your pennants you have I fully support it. The pennants are supposed to be you supporting the team you like, not the team you think has the higher chance of winning and getting multi kills. It does kind of suck for you to be a NaVi fan and get an item flaunting a glorious victory against your team, but I still think this is the better choice.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Berra_la View Post
            If it does indeed not distinguish which of the teams your pennants you have I fully support it. The pennants are supposed to be you supporting the team you like, not the team you think has the higher chance of winning and getting multi kills. It does kind of suck for you to be a NaVi fan and get an item flaunting a glorious victory against your team, but I still think this is the better choice.
            Being a underdog fan is what its all about, Navi vs orange navi ofcourse had 8000 pendants, Even tho they are sucking this year. Orange had 300, They have been stomping since the first game and have also been my pick since the start, So i think that its only fair to say that if ur on one team u should get the drops for that team and not for both. Its easy to change pendants but then again everyone would do it if it was that way sooo the odds would get less and less as the game went on because people would change pendants.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TimeToParty View Post
              Being a underdog fan is what its all about, Navi vs orange navi ofcourse had 8000 pendants, Even tho they are sucking this year. Orange had 300, They have been stomping since the first game and have also been my pick since the start, So i think that its only fair to say that if ur on one team u should get the drops for that team and not for both. Its easy to change pendants but then again everyone would do it if it was that way sooo the odds would get less and less as the game went on because people would change pendants.
              Don't you already have two tournament couriers? How many do you need before you're happy?

              With that said, I too was expecting couriers for people who held the pennant for the team that was triggering the events, but in the case of matchups that simply don't have pennants (there are still some) it's something I can appreciate.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TimeToParty View Post
                Being a underdog fan is what its all about, Navi vs orange navi ofcourse had 8000 pendants, Even tho they are sucking this year. Orange had 300, They have been stomping since the first game and have also been my pick since the start, So i think that its only fair to say that if ur on one team u should get the drops for that team and not for both. Its easy to change pendants but then again everyone would do it if it was that way sooo the odds would get less and less as the game went on because people would change pendants.
                If I'm going to a baseball match and catch a home run ball, I don't give a shit what team hit the ball. I'm not saying it's a good comparison, but this is kind of what being a fan is. Buy t-shirts, mugs, get the seats where home run balls might end up. You do it because you're a fan, not because you expect some kind of pay out.

                There is already too much "this team is good, therefore I will be a fan" mentality going around. I have NaVi and Mouz pennants. Why? Because I like Dendi and SingSing, good players with different but cool personalities. I knew fully well that Mousesports was going to lose .. a lot (no bootcamp and a stand in to boot). NaVi, the signs were there and some would say they are still saving strats. Still, I like the teams (not only because of sing and dendi), so I bought the pennants the second I heard that the teams were gonna get a share of the sales. To be honest, I care more about the games viewed counter getting fixed than me getting some random drop.

                Comment


                • #9
                  @Timetoparty Funny u say that Na'Vi sucks, when they said that they wont go Tryhards before Winnerbucket/loserbucket are up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ohmwrecker View Post
                    Don't you already have two tournament couriers? How many do you need before you're happy?

                    With that said, I too was expecting couriers for people who held the pennant for the team that was triggering the events, but in the case of matchups that simply don't have pennants (there are still some) it's something I can appreciate.
                    i got 2 because i bought 2 bro i need to win 1 before im happy ;p

                    and navi does suck bro get over it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Im not a Na'Vi fan so got no reason to get over it when its pretty much true

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Did you guys not hear the mod? Keep on-topic or kindly keep quiet.
                        Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

                        Steam Id: KevinCorporation

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X