Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Bladebiter needs Love

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bladebiter needs Love

    As far as I know, every 25-30 USD t-shirt genuine unlockable has had a unique effect... Until this Kunkka sword. Yes it drips water, but it's basically just another mythical, which to most looks worse than the 1 key Finblade. Shadow Blade is over-the-top with its particle, puck wings give a wild rainbow effect, and so forth.

    Why, oh why, was this kunkka shirt item--not cheap at 30 USD--made to look so pathetic next to whale blade? Feels like the item was really just overlooked and rushed to market.

  • #2
    bump. only ti3 item that i've seen that does nothing at all.

    derivative design, no particle to speak of (what there is looks exactly like Finblade) and certainly no animation changes.

    Comment


    • #3
      I totally agree with this please add something cool to it. Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        The Reclusive Reef Denizen has no effect either, it looks awesome but doesn't have a trail like squiddles, it's a shame. Although in their defense, it was rigid and looked even worse when I first got it, I got it for the t-shirt not the item obviously, just annoyed me a little that my mate got the Axe t-shirt and his in-game item had particle effects etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wozlord View Post
          The Reclusive Reef Denizen has no effect either, it looks awesome but doesn't have a trail like squiddles, it's a shame. Although in their defense, it was rigid and looked even worse when I first got it, I got it for the t-shirt not the item obviously, just annoyed me a little that my mate got the Axe t-shirt and his in-game item had particle effects etc.
          Actually, doesn't reef denizen leave a slime trail, kind of like squiddles? It may not be spectacular--agreed wyvernguard looks really cool--but at least it's something. Bladebiter stands alone among the recent genuines as possessed of nothing at all to make it more desirable than the 1 key Finblade. Forget about whale blade!

          Comment


          • #6
            Bumping in agreement. The cauldron and Abaddon mace got new particle effects, I think the BladeBiter ought to as well!

            Comment


            • #7
              Bumping. The 10 usd plushy item for druid was recently turned into a true form super-item, while bladebiter remains one of the crappier looking swords for kunkka.

              Please give this item something to rival the puck wings, jugg dragon sword, or even the howling wind or wyvernguard. It can only benefit your bottom line, Valve, as these Kunkka shirts seem to be about the only ones that aren't selling well--judging by their being constantly in-stock on Jinx and other websites.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes i already roe in a post of dota 2 valve that next patch will come with new effect cause they are so many fewer than shadow blade and needs more love this sword sol good look who have it . And dont sell it cheap price will increase in next weeks .

                Comment


                • #9
                  yes i already saw that too im so glad i have one sword will gonna look so hot with that new eefect

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Effect when increase the attack speed when trows the ship ... Like blue water Ty valve

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cocolove View Post
                      Effect when increase the attack speed when trows the ship ... Like blue water Ty valve
                      few only exist so you should keep and dont sell it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by eddu View Post
                        Yes i already roe in a post of dota 2 valve that next patch will come with new effect cause they are so many fewer than shadow blade and needs more love this sword sol good look who have it . And dont sell it cheap price will increase in next weeks .
                        I'm calling this blatant market manipulation unless you can provide a link. Since when does valve announce cosmetic upgrades? They leave that to cyborgmatt's blog, which mentions nothing about this.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cocolove View Post
                          Effect when increase the attack speed when trows the ship ... Like blue water Ty valve
                          No cosmetic item ever increased attack speed. That's pure crap, and you know it. SB may indicate when the CD is off, which is actually of some worth, but the idea of a cosmetic item changing real stats in game is counter to everything this FTP model is built on. Lame attempt at market manipulation bro. Pardon the expression but: Proof or STFU.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GoodGravy View Post
                            I'm calling this blatant market manipulation unless you can provide a link. Since when does valve announce cosmetic upgrades? They leave that to cyborgmatt's blog, which mentions nothing about this.
                            Yeah i know but i read that im a post too . Let me sse if i can find it .. It will be great. Since they are just a few in the dota comunity i can prove that with this link. less than shadow blades.
                            http://dota2.stats.tf/item/5335/BladeBiter

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by eddu View Post
                              Yeah i know but i read that im a post too . Let me sse if i can find it .. It will be great. Since they are just a few in the dota comunity i can prove that with this link. less than shadow blades.
                              http://dota2.stats.tf/item/5335/BladeBiter
                              that is not the link we're looking for.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X