Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Revert the Arcana item change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I 100% disagree with OP, it is not a scam because the minimap icon DOES appear as stated on the purchase page:

    This item includes custom upgrades to these features:

    Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
    In-game portrait
    Hero icon
    Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
    Minimap hero icon
    The fact that the icon doesn't show to others is irrelevant and isn't even mentioned, meaning it's not "false information". You can probably ask for a full refund though, but they will remove the item from your inventory after you get the refund.

    Edit: Stuff
    Last edited by Bleako; 03-13-2013, 03:13 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Bleako View Post
      I 100% disagree with OP, it is not a scam because the minimap icon DOES appear as stated on the purchase page. The fact that it doesn't appear for others is irrelevant.

      You can probably ask for a full refund though, but they will remove the item from your inventory.
      That would be fine too.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
        This is clearly ilegal.
        The description of the product does not say it is clientsided.

        I do not care about your opinions about the set or its price, I'm just demanding fair and legal actions for those who bought the item.

        On my end, if they make the change permanent I will revert the payment at paypal.
        the description doesn't state that its server side either sooo.... have fun kicking and screaming

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
          Then I'll take legal actions against valve.
          As I said, it is ilegal to sell a good that does not represent the description of it.

          I've taken screenshots fo the store page just in case they decide to change it.
          The changed icon is clearly visible on your minimap. The most you'll do here is waste time and money over 35 dollars that Steam Support would probably refund you, if you'd ask.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Rooslin View Post
            the description doesn't state that its server side either sooo.... have fun kicking and screaming
            Neither do any of the shop cosmetics, but if Valve updated every shop item so nobody else could see it do you think that would be okay with everyone?
            Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
            Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
            Forum Rules

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
              Then I'll take legal actions against valve.
              As I said, it is ilegal to sell a good that does not represent the description of it.

              I've taken screenshots fo the store page just in case they decide to change it.
              "Minimap hero icon"

              The description covers both a client-side, and server-wide use of the icon. Unless you're willing to bend the meaning of it.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                This is clearly ilegal.
                The description of the product does not say it is clientsided.

                I do not care about your opinions about the set or its price, I'm just demanding fair and legal actions for those who bought the item.

                On my end, if they make the change permanent I will revert the payment at paypal.
                you should re-read the agreement you signed with steam when you plopped the money into your steam wallet. here's the link: http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

                "Funds added to the Steam Wallet are non-refundable and non-transferable. Steam Wallet funds do not constitute a personal property right"

                close this stupid thread, thanks for the laugh though.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Kinda sucks actually, it's a pretty nice icon.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DarkLite View Post
                    Neither do any of the shop cosmetics, but if Valve updated every shop item so nobody else could see it do you think that would be okay with everyone?
                    I would be happy as hell, shitty cosmetics make hero designs look like they are made by a 12 year old kid who randomly pressed some tools and buttons and uploaded to workshop.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                      Well, basically Valve has decided to make the map icon clientsided so the ones who bought the itme from the store wasted 25 on it.
                      I demand a partial refund or a revert of the change since it is clearly scam.

                      By the way, what happens if you revert the payment, do they ban you from trading?
                      He is fully right on demanding this. He is fully right on his claims.
                      Unless there is an agreement around that Valve can deliberately and freely change what those items do, including doing anything that causes item to do less than what it offered, this is just like he said, a scam.

                      While I just hate all the cosmetics, and always wanted them to be only client-sided skin-like products like the Lina map icon currently is, this is truly an unlawful action here, assuming that there isn't such an agreement to allow this.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        You guys are asking to keep something that hinders the gameplay of others. People having trouble recognizing the hero on the map because you payed money is a ridiculous thing to have and it is bad for the game. Why do you even care? You still see the icon, that's all that should matter.

                        Some people don't even use face icons for the mini map and use the circles and x's. Are you saying they should be forcibly changed to face icons if you are using the item just so you can show of your super exclusive mini map icon?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
                          He is fully right on demanding this. He is fully right on his claims.
                          Unless there is an agreement around that Valve can deliberately and freely change what those items do, including doing anything that causes item to do less than what it offered, this is just like he said, a scam.

                          While I just hate all the cosmetics, and always wanted them to be only client-sided skin-like products like the Lina map icon currently is, this is truly an unlawful action here, assuming that there isn't such an agreement to allow this.
                          It is not unlawful.

                          He still sees the map icon.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by T-major View Post
                            You guys are asking to keep something that hinders the gameplay of others. People having trouble recognizing the hero on the map because you payed money is a ridiculous thing to have and it is bad for the game. Why do you even care? You still see the icon, that's all that should matter.

                            Some people don't even use face icons for the mini map and use the circles and x's. Are you saying they should be forcibly changed to face icons if you are using the item just so you can show of your super exclusive mini map icon?
                            I would like an actual case where people were unable to recognize Lina, and mistook her for another hero, preferably more than once.
                            Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
                            Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
                            Forum Rules

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                              This is clearly ilegal.
                              The description of the product does not say it is clientsided.

                              I do not care about your opinions about the set or its price, I'm just demanding fair and legal actions for those who bought the item.

                              On my end, if they make the change permanent I will revert the payment at paypal.
                              The description also didn't say others could see it, your point?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                                Well, basically Valve has decided to make the map icon clientsided so the ones who bought the itme from the store wasted 25€ on it.
                                I demand a partial refund or a revert of the change since it is clearly scam.

                                By the way, what happens if you revert the payment, do they ban you from trading?
                                If you do a chargeback your account will be disabled until the payment dispute is fixed with Valve. Meaning limited access to the community features and trading among other things. As for the minimap icon, you didn't buy it for a tiny pixelated image. Get over it and stop with the troll posts. You just created this thread to create a fuss over nothing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X