Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Revert the Arcana item change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
    Then let's let valve make all the cosmetics clientsided and lets let them put everything they want on the steam store even if the description has nothing to do with the game.
    The description has everything to do with what you have available in game. None of those features are fraudulent.

    Comment


    • #92
      Too many slippery slope fallacies in here.

      How many people even have the minimap set to show hero icons? Just out of curiousity.

      Comment


      • #93
        yo DArklite.......i find some of the minimap hero icons confusing(use the arrows and croses)....now if u added 40 more new icons it wudnt be good....and ive been playing dota for 5 years...imagine the new players

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
          It does not matter what it is Bleako.
          You are, just like OP, very eloquently blowing this whole thing out of proportion. You can definitely try to get a refund for something that they have changed post-purchase, but I wouldn't expect a partial one.

          Honestly, if Valve do decide to give him a partial refund and let him keep the item, I wouldn't care, it's their decision and in the grand scheme of things most likely not a lot of money lost for them. I just want to point out that seeing someone getting mad over a custom minimap icon being only visible client-side is stupidly hilarious regardless of how right/wrong he is according to the law, and the humor is even more enhanced by the fact that he's created a 10+ page thread about this subject.

          Edit: Source of the problem, a 32x32 image:
          Last edited by Bleako; 03-13-2013, 04:26 PM.

          Comment


          • #95
            Don't ever revert the minimap icon change, it would lead to too much confusion, owners just have to suck it up that others cant se their minimap icon duh.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by DarkLite View Post
              I don't quite get your point? Several people are claiming it should be removed because it will cause confusion; I'm trying to find out whether it's actually caused any more confusion than the minimap icon of a new hero, which is a similar situation.
              I don't get your point. You're trying to make the argument that's it's not confusing people (and therefor it's ok to revert the icon change), and asking for proof of them being confused, like somehow you can prove if it's confusing or not. Being confused is based on the perception of the individual. I could say it confuses me and you would have no way of saying I'm wrong. If you said it didn't confuse you I would have no way of saying you're wrong. Asking for specific examples and proof of this is pointless because there is no way to validate either side of the argument.

              The problem you are completely ignoring (and I say ignoring because there is no way it's too hard for you to understand) is that when you change something at random, and have it change back at random, there is a chance it will confuse someone. That's just common sense. Stop acting like this isn't a valid reason to not change icons for other people. You're literally asking to buy a chance to confuse people.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by T-major View Post
                I don't get your point. You're trying to make the argument that's it's not confusing people (and therefor it's ok to revert the icon change), and asking for proof of them being confused, like somehow you can prove if it's confusing or not. Being confused is based on the perception of the individual. I could say it confuses me and you would have no way of saying I'm wrong. If you said it didn't confuse you I would have no way of saying you're wrong. Asking for specific examples and proof of this is pointless because there is no way to validate either side of the argument.

                The problem you are completely ignoring (and I say ignoring because there is no way it's too hard for you to understand) is that when you change something at random, and have it change back at random, there is a chance it will confuse someone. That's just common sense. Stop acting like this isn't a valid reason to not change icons for other people. You're literally asking to buy a chance to confuse people.
                The new Rubick set confuses me because it looks like a rubber snake, does that mean it should be clientsided?

                Comment


                • #98
                  If you're complaining that other people can't see your shitty overpriced cosmetic MAP ICON , i think you have bigger issues than the 35$ that you spent.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                    You are, just like OP, very eloquently blowing this whole thing out of proportion. You can definitely try to get a refund for something that they have changed post-purchase, but I wouldn't expect a partial one.

                    Honestly, if Valve do decide to give him a partial refund and let him keep the item, I wouldn't care, it's their decision and in the grand scheme of things most likely not a lot of money lost for them. I just want to point out that seeing someone getting mad over a custom minimap icon being only visible client-side is stupidly hilarious regardless of how right/wrong he is according to the law, and the humor is even more enhanced by the fact that he's created a 10+ page thread about this subject.

                    Edit: Source of the problem, a 32x32 image:
                    +1

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                      The new Rubick set confuses me because it looks like a rubber snake, does that mean it should be clientsided?
                      Have you ever tried reading your comments out loud?

                      All cosmetics will appear on hero models and will be visible by everyone. If cosmetics were client-side-only, no one would buy them. However, minimap icons have a gameplay function. If you change them, people will get confused.

                      This is why Valve require cosmetics artists to respect the heroes' color schemes and overall silhouettes when creating them. Even if Lina has different robes and hair, you can still understand who she is simply by glancing at her model. With a minimap icon, not so much.
                      Last edited by Bleako; 03-13-2013, 04:35 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Gentlementech View Post
                        If you're complaining that other people can't see your shitty overpriced cosmetic MAP ICON , i think you have bigger issues than the 35$ that you spent.
                        The reasons I might have to buy it are not of your competence nor are relevant on this topic.
                        We're talking about a company changing a payware item after some people have bought it, and being that change a restrictive one.

                        Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                        Have you ever tried reading your comments out loud?

                        All cosmetics will appear on hero models and will be visible by everyone. If cosmetics were client-side-only, no one would buy them.
                        Have you ever tried to read at all?
                        I clearly said SHOULD.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Vi3trice View Post
                          If they're cosmetics, yeah. That's basically the bare minimum. I do remember some cases, but that was a long time ago.
                          What? When you buy Dota 2 cosmetics, you expect for them to be seen by you only? Well then you'll love this-they are seen by everyone. If they weren't, not nearly as much people would buy them as they do now. I'm not speaking for everyone, but you'll have to trust me on this.

                          Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                          But the cosmetics are seen by everyone, all of them, including the Arcana item. The only thing that doesn't change for us is the minimap icon.

                          OP is just trying to scam Valve by making us believe he's been scammed. Stop whining, start asking for a refund right now if you want but don't expect to gather a witch hunt party over a fucking minimap icon.

                          I can guarantee, and you can mark my words on this, that OP will complain as soon as Valve updates the textures of any cosmetics that he purchased during the beta simply because he doesn't understand the concept of a beta game. It's ever-changing, it's always getting updated and this is not just to be expected, it's actually the entire purpose of a beta.
                          The problem is that the minimap icon is a part of this Arcana. It is a part of the set.
                          And please, don't start with the"beta" thing. This is from Valve's FAQ:

                          Q: Why would I spend money while Dota 2 is still in Beta?
                          A: We don't really think of Dota 2 as a beta, but we also aren't ready for everyone to show up and start playing just yet. We are constantly updating the game with new heroes, bug fixes, and new features. None of the items you purchase or the progress you make will be lost or reset once the game is available for everyone.

                          If Valve doesn't consider it a beta in that field, you shouldn't either. Giving something with an cosmetic item and then removing it after someone bought it demands something in return, be it a beta or not.
                          As for the OP-well maybe you're right. I don't buy Dota 2 cosmetics at all, so I really don't care if people that bought this item get something in return; in fact, as I said earlier, I would've liked if they never changed the map icon (or maybe even the hero portrait) in the first place. I'm just saying that, if someone got mad that a part of this set is no longer seen by people they play with, I do understand their point, even if it's completely redundant for me.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fergdog View Post
                            Too many slippery slope fallacies in here.

                            How many people even have the minimap set to show hero icons? Just out of curiousity.
                            I have it set to show the Drops and X's. Always have.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by posnisir View Post
                              Giving something with an cosmetic item and then removing it after someone bought it demands something in return, be it a beta or not.
                              Only the icon wasn't removed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by posnisir View Post
                                I'm just saying that, if someone got mad that a part of this set is no longer seen by people they play with, I do understand their point, even if it's completely redundant for me.
                                And I do understand too. My issue here is that even if OP has all rights to complain, he's pushing the limits. It's like, if Valve released a set and then changed a single pixel on one of the items' textures in the following week, technically OP could probably complain about them having modified purchasable content and so he could ask for a refund because of it.

                                What I'm not okay with is the fact that he's calling them scammers, and the fact that he's asking for a PARTIAL refund (as in, get money back but keep the item).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X