Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Revert the Arcana item change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bleako View Post
    And I do understand too. My issue here is that even if OP has all rights to complain, he's pushing the limits. It's like, if Valve released a set and then changed a single pixel on one of the items' textures in the following week, technically OP could probably complain about them having modified purchasable content and so he could ask for a refund because of it.

    What I'm not okay with is the fact that he's calling them scammers, and the fact that he's asking for a PARTIAL refund (as in, get money back but keep the item).
    I've already stated that I'm ok with a full refund or a revert too.
    The fact is that they LIMITED the item rather than edit it.

    I would be fine with them if they just changed the look of the icon to something else but they have limited what I paid for.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
      The new Rubick set confuses me because it looks like a rubber snake, does that mean it should be clientsided?
      Sounds like you haven't been around, because they did state about fixing the set. The author was happy about that, too.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
        I would be fine with them if they just changed the look of the icon to something else but they have limited what I paid for.
        You paid for:
        -Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
        -In-game portrait
        -Hero icon
        -Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
        -Minimap hero icon

        You got:
        +Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
        +In-game portrait
        +Hero icon
        +Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
        +Minimap hero icon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bleako View Post
          And I do understand too. My issue here is that even if OP has all rights to complain, he's pushing the limits. It's like, if Valve released a set and then changed a single pixel on one of the items' textures in the following week, technically OP could probably complain about them having modified purchasable content and so he could ask for a refund because of it.

          What I'm not okay with is the fact that he's calling them scammers, and the fact that he's asking for a PARTIAL refund (as in, get money back but keep the item).
          He probably doesn't even care, he's just trying to get money. Like the guy that wanted the spirit panda removed because it was silly, yet he had bought the panda, if he didn't like it why did he buy it? because he was hoping the item would get removed like alpine ursa and be worth alot of money in the market.

          OMG big deal, the little tiny minimap icon that no one even looks at anyways, boohoo, I'm actually glad with this change, now I won't confuse lina with any other hero on the minimap.
          Originally posted by daed
          This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cyanPony View Post
            You paid for:
            -Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
            -In-game portrait
            -Hero icon
            -Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
            -Minimap hero icon

            You got:
            +Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
            +In-game portrait
            +Hero icon
            +Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
            +Minimap hero icon
            I got:
            +Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
            +In-game portrait
            +Hero icon
            +Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
            +CLIENTSIDED Minimap hero icon

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
              I've already stated that I'm ok with a full refund or a revert too.
              The fact is that they LIMITED the item rather than edit it.

              I would be fine with them if they just changed the look of the icon to something else but they have limited what I paid for.
              Again, a technicality. We're talking about a change that has been done with the intent to improve gameplay slightly, not to scam customers. The fact that you want a refund because of a minimap icon limitation is ridiculous.

              Hey, like I said I don't care if you get your money back. I just think you're funny.

              Again,. Look how much of a fuss you're making over such a small thing! The icon is even reduced by half in-game!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Banethulhu View Post
                He probably doesn't even care, he's just trying to get money. Like the guy that wanted the spirit panda removed because it was silly, yet he had bought the panda, if he didn't like it why did he buy it? because he was hoping the item would get removed like alpine ursa and be worth alot of money in the market.

                OMG big deal, the little tiny minimap icon that no one even looks at anyways, boohoo, I'm actually glad with this change, now I won't confuse lina with any other hero on the minimap.
                Like, no: http://puu.sh/2hgzc

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                  I got:
                  +Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
                  +In-game portrait
                  +Hero icon
                  +Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
                  +CLIENTSIDED Minimap hero icon
                  Where did it state anything about the minimap hero icon being serverside?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                    +CLIENTSIDED Minimap hero icon
                    That's twisting the description right there.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                      The new Rubick set confuses me because it looks like a rubber snake, does that mean it should be clientsided?
                      The Rubick skin is full sized and easy to see, is the same basic shape and colour scheme as Rubick, and Rubick has very recognizable animations. Mistaking this set for a different hero is very unlikely to happen.

                      A minimap icon is tiny and is supposed to be recognizable at a split second glace, if you go changing it back and forth between games based on whether someone has the skin or not then it's a much higher chance of being confused as anther hero. I don't even use the face icons because I confuse them enough already.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by cyanPony View Post
                        Where did it state anything about the minimap hero icon being serverside?
                        Neither the rest of the items specify they are serversided yet they are.
                        This applies to ALL the objects of the shop.

                        Originally posted by T-major View Post
                        The Rubick skin is full sized and easy to see, is the same basic shape and colour scheme as Rubick, and Rubick has very recognizable animations. Mistaking this set for a different hero is very unlikely to happen.

                        A minimap icon is tiny and is supposed to be recognizable at a split second glace, if you go changing it back and forth between games based on whether someone has the skin or not then it's a much higher chance of being confused as anther hero. I don't even use the face icons because I confuse them enough already.
                        Just tell me which hero is similar to this:

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                          Neither the rest of the items specify they are serversided yet they are.
                          This applies to ALL the objects of the shop.
                          So be glad they are. I believe the correct term is argumentum ad populum? Just because all the others are doesn't mean this one is, unless it is specifically stated as such.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                            You are, just like OP, very eloquently blowing this whole thing out of proportion. You can definitely try to get a refund for something that they have changed post-purchase, but I wouldn't expect a partial one.

                            Honestly, if Valve do decide to give him a partial refund and let him keep the item, I wouldn't care, it's their decision and in the grand scheme of things most likely not a lot of money lost for them. I just want to point out that seeing someone getting mad over a custom minimap icon being only visible client-side is stupidly hilarious regardless of how right/wrong he is according to the law, and the humor is even more enhanced by the fact that he's created a 10+ page thread about this subject.

                            Edit: Source of the problem, a 32x32 image:
                            Okay, then tell me, why do you care? Why does a shit load of people here are against having that puny little 32x32 icon, and appreciates the recent change?

                            Appears to be I've been misunderstood. I am telling this again: I do not care, like, AT ALL.
                            But the fact that I do not care, doesn't mean that he should not care... It is completely sub-human-ish attitude to be incapable of empathising here. All you come up with is to belittle what he cares for.
                            Do you guys understand this? He CARES for it. You do not have to care for it to see that he has right to do it.

                            He started the thread like any other annoyed customer would do. He wasn't any mad, but his thread got filled with shitstorm of people who came to make fun of him, and bash him down.
                            He just stated that it was wrong, and seeked for justice.
                            He did nothing wrong.


                            I say, if you don't care for this, then just leave the thread and move on. I would come by here in this thread to write if there weren't so much shitposting going around, because I don't care about this Lina cosmetic.
                            Just let this guy to seek the justice for his rights. Do not be the acceptant random crowd. Allow him.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by aftokinito View Post
                              Just tell me which hero is similar to this:
                              None. I showed it to a chat channel, and the answer I got was: "Who's that?"

                              Comment


                              • just make a poll to decide, stop whining about it, you still see the icon yourself

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X