Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Lost Smeevil

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost Smeevil

    i lost my smeevil (8 views) when i woke up this morning , no idea why , any help pls

  • #2
    Check your trade history to see if you haven't been scammed/hacked in anyway.If it is in your trade history,you have been scammed by someone.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

    Comment


    • #3
      it said that i traded it for someone but he doesnt have the smeevil in his inventory

      Comment


      • #4
        Haha,now comes the tricky part.

        Have you ever downloaded any chest-unlocker,key-generator etc etc from the internet.Its an embarrassing thing to admit,but have you?
        Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

        Comment


        • #5
          no , not recently , i swear i never put my cour in a trade , but it said that i put it in with some item for my trade last night

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by essentialblend View Post
            Haha,now comes the tricky part.

            Have you ever downloaded any chest-unlocker,key-generator etc etc from the internet.Its an embarrassing thing to admit,but have you?
            And I thought stuff like that would install malware n stuff on my pc. xD Do those softwares just take down credentials?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by j3j3oy9x View Post
              no , not recently , i swear i never put my cour in a trade , but it said that i put it in with some item for my trade last night
              Dude, he asked if you installed any chest-unlocker or key-generator.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                And I thought stuff like that would install malware n stuff on my pc. xD Do those softwares just take down credentials?
                They are basically Keyloggers as far as I know,whenever you run that software,nothing happens and when you log into Steam,it records your credentials at that point and some script might be in effect ,basically that 'software' has access to the machine you currently access Steam on,making it potentially dangerous.

                Originally posted by j3j3oy9x View Post
                no , not recently , i swear i never put my cour in a trade , but it said that i put it in with some item for my trade last night
                Its surely a case of hacking.You should contact Steam Support with the scammer's details so they can help you out.I need you to answer me still! Anything off the internet thats like a 'chest-unlocker' ,dota2 keys generator etc etc.Stuff like that!
                Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

                Comment


                • #9
                  no , i did not installl any,
                  and for my case is like a steam lag. i traded dk set for dk set . and now it said i traded dkset + smeevil for dk set lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by j3j3oy9x View Post
                    no , i did not installl any,
                    and for my case is like a steam lag. i traded dk set for dk set . and now it said i traded dkset + smeevil for dk set lol
                    Contact Steam Support. NOW!

                    Just so you know,there's no 'simple' way about getting your smeevil back.Rely on Steam and dont expect it to come back.If it does,god loves you,if it doesn't go trade yourself another one
                    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by essentialblend View Post
                      They are basically Keyloggers as far as I know,whenever you run that software,nothing happens and when you log into Steam,it records your credentials at that point and some script might be in effect ,basically that 'software' has access to the machine you currently access Steam on,making it potentially dangerous.
                      I can swear I know a guy who used that kind of stuff and was successful. I don't want to share the details in public on how I found out but I'm pretty sure some software do work.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        I can swear I know a guy who used that kind of stuff and was successful. I don't want to share the details in public on how I found out but I'm pretty sure some software do work.
                        I cant say anything to that because I've never come across anyone with an absurd inventory,atleast not amongst my friends/circle which makes you 'think' that he's obtaining them through unwanted means.
                        Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ... darn , thanks for the support though

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by essentialblend View Post
                            I cant say anything to that because I've never come across anyone with an absurd inventory,atleast not amongst my friends/circle which makes you 'think' that he's obtaining them through unwanted means.
                            It was not his absurd inventory but the absurd way his inventory developed over time. If I could get hold of some Valve guy who wants help against napping these guys, I would be delighted.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              It was not his absurd inventory but the absurd way his inventory developed over time. If I could get hold of some Valve guy who wants help against napping these guys, I would be delighted.
                              Thats what I meant I do see a coupla people with crazy inventories.But never even came 'close' to a software like this.
                              Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X