Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[TA Patch] After this patch my Backpack has just 1 page.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [TA Patch] After this patch my Backpack has just 1 page.

    Hey guys,

    After this patch my Backpack has just 1 page while I had 2 pages of items.

    Also, I asked on chat about it and someone told me I need "Premium" DotA 2, what the heck is that? I read Dota2.com blog and never saw anything about Premium accounts, also there is no Premium to be bought in DotA 2 Store.

    I am kinda confused and a bit rattled.

    Anyone can clarify to me what will happen with my items and if there is Premium accounts and how to acquire one? Thanks.

    P.S.
    I am playing Beta since Sep-Oct 2011, saying this because MAYBE there is difference between "old" and "new" DotA 2 beta accounts.
    Last edited by Rainheart; 07-12-2012, 07:49 PM.
    None of this is real.

  • #2
    "Premium" is just a status you get when you've bought anything at all in the store. I never bought anything, but a few days ago randomly got 10 pages, and with this patch, lost them again. A single page is really not nearly enough to anyone who plays DotA 2 regularly, and they know that. I think the idea is to try to force people to spend at least a little money, so they're more easily lured into buying more cosmetics bullshit later. These cosmetics don't exist to increase our enjoyment of the game.

    Welcome to F2P, where you can practically feel the marketing people breathe down your neck. I can only hope that communities like DotA's, which basically forced Valve to not let it affect the gameplay, will exist in other games in the future, but it's unlikely; I imagine if DotA 2 didn't need to compete with DotA 1, it wouldn't even have happened like this. Games are becoming thinly veiled wallet farming tools and Gabe would like to welcome you to the future. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

    You probably didn't lose the items that didn't fit in your inventory any more, but you can't gain more until you make room. Try checking your inventory via Steam community to see if everything is still there.

    I hope this cleared things up for you.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a Premium account, and my backpack has only one page...
      I'm really sad about this bug, since I just bought new things and have to wait the fix to buy more stuff (since my backpack is full)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Doom Dragon of Doom View Post
        "Premium" is just a status you get when you've bought anything at all in the store. I never bought anything, but a few days ago randomly got 10 pages, and with this patch, lost them again. A single page is really not nearly enough to anyone who plays DotA 2 regularly, and they know that. I think the idea is to try to force people to spend at least a little money, so they're more easily lured into buying more cosmetics bullshit later. These cosmetics don't exist to increase our enjoyment of the game.

        Welcome to F2P, where you can practically feel the marketing people breathe down your neck. I can only hope that communities like DotA's, which basically forced Valve to not let it affect the gameplay, will exist in other games in the future, but it's unlikely; I imagine if DotA 2 didn't need to compete with DotA 1, it wouldn't even have happened like this. Games are becoming thinly veiled wallet farming tools and Gabe would like to welcome you to the future. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

        You probably didn't lose the items that didn't fit in your inventory any more, but you can't gain more until you make room. Try checking your inventory via Steam community to see if everything is still there.

        I hope this cleared things up for you.
        I don't think Valve is going to force people to buy their stuff. I think this is just a bug. I want to believe.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Doom Dragon of Doom View Post
          "Premium" is just a status you get when you've bought anything at all in the store. I never bought anything, but a few days ago randomly got 10 pages, and with this patch, lost them again. A single page is really not nearly enough to anyone who plays DotA 2 regularly, and they know that. I think the idea is to try to force people to spend at least a little money, so they're more easily lured into buying more cosmetics bullshit later. These cosmetics don't exist to increase our enjoyment of the game.

          Welcome to F2P, where you can practically feel the marketing people breathe down your neck. I can only hope that communities like DotA's, which basically forced Valve to not let it affect the gameplay, will exist in other games in the future, but it's unlikely; I imagine if DotA 2 didn't need to compete with DotA 1, it wouldn't even have happened like this. Games are becoming thinly veiled wallet farming tools and Gabe would like to welcome you to the future. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

          You probably didn't lose the items that didn't fit in your inventory any more, but you can't gain more until you make room. Try checking your inventory via Steam community to see if everything is still there.

          I hope this cleared things up for you.
          Thanks for your nice and detailed replay!

          So basically I have to buy ANYTHING and my DotA 2 account will get "upgraded" to Premium, gotcha.

          Just few questions:

          - Is there any official announcement or anything considering Premium upgrades? I just can't believe they added that without any notice nor announcement, or at least slight explanation of the system.
          - Where can I see if my account is Premium or not? (under my account it says "Dota 2 Beta Retail", does it change to Premium if I buy something from Dota Store?)
          - Are there any other bonuses for being Premium?

          Again, I can't believe they added "Premium" without any FAQ or.. well.. anything. As possible customer I want to know about these big changes, if I knew I would probably buy something - but no, they decided it is okey to find it out this way, now I am kinda annoyed and not in mood to buy anything as I spent 1 hour to find out what is with my Backpack and how to fix it. If they did, then I am blind and a bit stupid, because since I got Beta I follow Dota2.com website/blog and /r/DotA2 pretty much every day or every second day and somehow I missed this until now, and even now it was because I suddenly got my Backpack shrink'd to 1 page.

          Anyway, once more thank you for reply! <3
          Last edited by Rainheart; 07-12-2012, 08:13 PM.
          None of this is real.

          Comment


          • #6
            So is this true or not?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rainheart View Post
              Is there any official announcement or anything considering Premium upgrades? I just can't believe they added that without any notice nor announcement, or at least slight explanation of the system.
              I'm not sure but if they said anything, they may have described it without using the word "premium"; but I believe it's the official, somewhat vague, term for it.

              Originally posted by Rainheart View Post
              Where can I see if my account is Premium or not? (under my account it says "Dota 2 Beta Retail", does it change to Premium if I buy something from Dota Store?)
              I think it shows up under DotA 2 DLC in your Steam games list.

              Originally posted by Rainheart View Post
              Are there any other bonuses for being Premium?
              Not sure, but the DotA 2 system closely mirrors the TF2 system. Maybe the TF2 wiki has some more information. Keep in mind it's still possible this is a bug somehow, or that it's not a bug but that they're expanding the inventories later on anyway. I know that some accounts, including mine, got the ten pages before without falling for any micropayment scheme, but others didn't. It's not necessarily related to account age or other games on the account either, because someone said he had ten pages on a brand new one.

              From this forum it seems a bunch of people who actually did buy things also had their inventory size reduced, so it likely is a bug. But not knowing how I ever got 10 pages in the first place, that might just be a bug as well.
              Last edited by Doom Dragon of Doom; 07-12-2012, 10:12 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Down to one page too. Can anyone who has purchased items from the dota store confirm how many pages they have?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I purchased items both before and after the bug. Had 10 pages previously but now only 1 ):

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A fix is in progress.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just leveled up and didn't receive any items! Is it also because of this 1 page bug? Sucks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Still happening after last patch that just came out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Same problem here, was fine 8 hrs ago.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            same here .. was fine b4 .. my inventory now just 1/1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I purchased items from the Dota 2 Store and got 10 pages. After this patch I lost all of those and I don' know if all the items I had in my second page are deleted or gone.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X