Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

dota_spectator_auto_spectate_bot_games

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ChrisC View Post
    It's still kind of beta (which is why it's just on a convar rather than being on the Watch page or something). We're starting to bump into the insanity of TI work but I'd really like to get this up and running for real as part of the effort to make bot scripts more visible to players.
    Ahh, TI again, and regrets of not getting tickets on time! Cheering for S4 has let me down in the past couple of TIs, so I will probably cheer for my boy Artour or my man Puppey this time! I understand that dealing with TI probably drains all your time and energy.

    It would be cool to have this thing running soon for visibility. Maybe the competition is also enough incentive for new scripters to join.

    Comment


    • #17
      So I turned it on, but keeping get an error that says "The Server hosting this game was not found"

      Consol spat out this,
      StartWatchingGame request SteamID: [A:1:4284055557:8865], watching SteamID: [I:0:0]
      Received CMsgWatchGameResponse result 0.
      Received CMsgWatchGameResponse result 2.
      Last edited by Drkirby; 07-20-2017, 10:54 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        http://prntscr.com/fyfd68

        Comment


        • #19
          Yeah, something went sideways with that server and the lobby got stuck. There's a reason this is just available via a convar at the moment.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ChrisC View Post
            Yeah, something went sideways with that server and the lobby got stuck. There's a reason this is just available via a convar at the moment.
            What are the winrates (or mmr, if you are tracking it) so far?

            Comment


            • #21
              Any chance the bots can be assigned a proper team id (and name perhaps) based on their script name? Would love to be able to follow the teams on https://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/2/matches

              Comment


              • #22
                How can I see which scripts are competing before the game ends?
                Originally posted by biejis
                I PLAY SUPP AND SHOW WARD ALLGAME, PEOPLE NOT LEARN NOT CHANGE, PLAY DOTA FOR LOSE A GAME

                Comment


                • #23
                  Close match. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r_T...ature=youtu.be

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Just to mention. I think Nostrademous's AI should be removed from the list, plus on co-op vs ai, since it hasn't been updated for ages, plus it's the worst one.

                    Also, there are some scripts, which are spammed, plus not working in the workshop.

                    Would be appreciated to get rid of those ones, and keep the working ones.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Sure, looks like Full Bot Overwrite hasn't been updated in a while, I can pull it from the list.

                      If any newcomers look promising or are doing well, please let me know so I can add them. Or if FBO gets active development again, happy to add it back.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ChrisC View Post
                        Sure, looks like Full Bot Overwrite hasn't been updated in a while, I can pull it from the list.

                        If any newcomers look promising or are doing well, please let me know so I can add them. Or if FBO gets active development again, happy to add it back.
                        Why is behaviour score goes down when playing coop bots? It is set to "1" in my console can't find any game at night
                        sorry for offtop

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I haven't touch Full Overwrite in forever so go for it. Although, checking games it played it looks like hero selection changed or something broke as there are games with heroes on the team that I never enabled.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by nostrademous View Post
                            I haven't touch Full Overwrite in forever so go for it. Although, checking games it played it looks like hero selection changed or something broke as there are games with heroes on the team that I never enabled.
                            Sorry, if I appeared harsh on your script. Also, I've noticed the bots tend to randomly select default heroes a lot; even ranked AI and bot experiment (sometimes, they manage to select others).

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
                              Sorry, if I appeared harsh on your script. Also, I've noticed the bots tend to randomly select default heroes a lot; even ranked AI and bot experiment (sometimes, they manage to select others).
                              So, while it is true that I haven't touched the bots in a while, it's hard to say that they are bad (although probably) b/c you are looking at many games where not all 5 selected heroes are ones I wrote code for, and hence, it's never a 5v5. Yes, I see this as being a problem for other bots too.

                              For example look at this match - it seems like only 1 hero from either side was actually implemented.

                              Not sure if this is a bug or something changed in hero selection meaning I have to update code.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by nostrademous View Post
                                So, while it is true that I haven't touched the bots in a while, it's hard to say that they are bad (although probably) b/c you are looking at many games where not all 5 selected heroes are ones I wrote code for, and hence, it's never a 5v5. Yes, I see this as being a problem for other bots too.

                                For example look at this match - it seems like only 1 hero from either side was actually implemented.

                                Not sure if this is a bug or something changed in hero selection meaning I have to update code.
                                They ain't the best obviously, since I know it was your w.i.p script. Yeah, I've noticed scripts like bot experiment and ranked ai picking those in the console as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X