Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

dota_spectator_auto_spectate_bot_games

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dota_spectator_auto_spectate_bot_games

    If you set this to 1, it'll automatically spectate a game that is a random bot script vs another one. We're tracking MMR internally, but haven't surfaced anything official in the UI yet.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ChrisC View Post
    If you set this to 1, it'll automatically spectate a game that is a random bot script vs another one. We're tracking MMR internally, but haven't surfaced anything official in the UI yet.
    Good to know you are actually working on it! Can you give us top 3? (or else, I have to investigate all Dota 2 files to find bot rankings )

    Comment


    • #3
      Well the inaugural game is still going, so nothing yet.

      Comment


      • #4
        I saw PubSimulator vs Nos bots (just finished). PubSimulator won easily :P . Who else is watching? (I see there is another spectator)

        Edit: It would be nice to know who is playing against whom!

        Edit 2: The result of the matches I saw are the following
        PubSim(win) vs Nos -> Nos got 0 kills
        Adam(win) vs BotExp
        BotExp(win) vs Nos -> either it was this game or the previous one (can't remember), but the losing team didn't buy anything and didn't level up at all
        PubSim(win) vs BotExp -> not that close
        Adam(win) vs PubSim -> draw lineup, pushed early and won
        Adam vs Nos(win) -> Adam was way ahead in kills, but Nos got megas
        PubSim(win) vs adam -> very close game, PubSim came back from 2 rax down. It ended with PubSim teamwiping adam and getting the throne
        Last edited by Platinum_dota2; 07-19-2017, 08:19 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          how to check the MMR of each bot script?

          Comment


          • #6
            Is there anyway to find out which script is running in the game? for example pubsimulator vs another shows on the UI

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SIKIM View Post
              Is there anyway to find out which script is running in the game? for example pubsimulator vs another shows on the UI
              Not yet. But if you are familiar with them then it is not that hard to tell (at least Nos and PubSim should be easy to differentiate from the rest).

              Comment


              • #8
                BTW. I'm getting an error right now that the game server was not found! Are matches over or did the server crash (or it's just my client)?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ugh, I hate how "time" is the most lacking resource in my life right now. There are so many things on my plate, and I want to fix up both bot projects too. Curse my need of at least 5-6 hrs of sleep.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ChrisC View Post
                    Well the inaugural game is still going, so nothing yet.
                    Is the ranking known now? It is killing me man

                    BTW. My suggestions for scripts that would be good to have on dedicated servers (but probably need a small update from the authors, maybe you can poke them) are:
                    ExtremePush
                    Alchemist and His Four Friends

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nostrademous View Post
                      Ugh, I hate how "time" is the most lacking resource in my life right now. There are so many things on my plate, and I want to fix up both bot projects too. Curse my need of at least 5-6 hrs of sleep.
                      I think both of your projects are too ambitious given that you have time constraints (like most other people around here since this is just a hobby for everyone). I would suggest making these projects much smaller. For instance just implementing one relatively good team or two is completely feasible no matter how tight your schedule is.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
                        I think both of your projects are too ambitious given that you have time constraints (like most other people around here since this is just a hobby for everyone). I would suggest making these projects much smaller. For instance just implementing one relatively good team or two is completely feasible no matter how tight your schedule is.
                        You are right, but I'm working on bringing in a team of coders to join me - we all just time constrained at the moment. Hopefully in early-mid Aug we will have time freed up. If I haven't done the full-overwrite approach I would be so much farther along, but I would have learned a lot less.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I attempted to use this, but it says the host server ain't available, something like that.

                          Edit: It's now working with Nos vs Pub Simulator.
                          Last edited by DreadedGhoul575; 07-20-2017, 01:07 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
                            I saw PubSimulator vs Nos bots (just finished). PubSimulator won easily :P . Who else is watching? (I see there is another spectator)

                            Edit: It would be nice to know who is playing against whom!

                            Edit 2: The result of the matches I saw are the following
                            PubSim(win) vs Nos -> Nos got 0 kills
                            Adam(win) vs BotExp
                            BotExp(win) vs Nos -> either it was this game or the previous one (can't remember), but the losing team didn't buy anything and didn't level up at all
                            PubSim(win) vs BotExp -> not that close
                            Adam(win) vs PubSim -> draw lineup, pushed early and won
                            Adam vs Nos(win) -> Adam was way ahead in kills, but Nos got megas
                            PubSim(win) vs adam -> very close game, PubSim came back from 2 rax down. It ended with PubSim teamwiping adam and getting the throne
                            Mine is only repeating Pub vs Nos

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's still kind of beta (which is why it's just on a convar rather than being on the Watch page or something). We're starting to bump into the insanity of TI work but I'd really like to get this up and running for real as part of the effort to make bot scripts more visible to players.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X