Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

What about unique herospecific BKB visual effects?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What about unique herospecific BKB visual effects?

    Since BKB is such a commonly used item, wouldn't it be cool if BKB usage would look differently on every hero. For example Tinker could become a Tank when BKB is used. Or AM could metamorph into a wingless terrorblade. It would enhance the quality of fights alot. Imagine u see ENIGMA ACTIVATING HIS BKB, THAT TRANSFORMS HIM INTO "DARK GLOWING ENIGMA" WHILE THROWING HIS BLACKHOLE.

    TLR
    I want more cool VISUALS.

  • #2
    would be very confusing, effects need to be very clear and very well shown so that players know whats going on at all times, making them more confusing is a bad idea

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shaella View Post
      would be very confusing, effects need to be very clear and very well shown so that players know whats going on at all times, making them more confusing is a bad idea
      No, that will seed out unskilled players. If you get confused, your brain is too weak. If your brain is too weak, you aint supposed to play in the high skill bracket anyways. The real dota2 core players will not have a problem with confusion, and that's what counts.

      Comment


      • #4
        No.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by apfel View Post
          No, that will seed out unskilled players. If you get confused, your brain is too weak. If your brain is too weak, you aint supposed to play in the high skill bracket anyways. The real dota2 core players will not have a problem with confusion, and that's what counts.
          Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
          Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
          Forum Rules

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by apfel View Post
            No, that will seed out unskilled players. If you get confused, your brain is too weak. If your brain is too weak, you aint supposed to play in the high skill bracket anyways. The real dota2 core players will not have a problem with confusion, and that's what counts.
            Lol


            Could keep the increased size + golden... whatever flowing around the hero, while the model could be changed for BKB's duration; that way nobody would get confused over what's happening. If they still do... welp, same would go for heroes getting hexed into different animals, which happens.

            Comment


            • #7
              i dont know if u knew this but tinker did infact turn into tank while using bkb it was changed in 6.50 or somewhere like that some 5-6 years ago

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Propkid View Post
                Lol


                Could keep the increased size + golden... whatever flowing around the hero, while the model could be changed for BKB's duration; that way nobody would get confused over what's happening. If they still do... welp, same would go for heroes getting hexed into different animals, which happens.
                I'm pretty sure the animal the player gets hexed into depends completely on the source of the hex

                Shadow Shaman's hex is always a chicken, Lion's is always a frog, and Scythe is always a pig

                You just have to think from a beginner perspective that you want effects to be VERY clear in how they work, changing how BKB looks for every hero is a great way to make shit very confusing, where the current effect is pretty clear

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by apfel View Post
                  No, that will seed out unskilled players. If you get confused, your brain is too weak. If your brain is too weak, you aint supposed to play in the high skill bracket anyways. The real dota2 core players will not have a problem with confusion, and that's what counts.
                  He's got a point.

                  I would really like to see the colours inverting every 30 seconds. After 6 minutes, when the night begins, a random half of your screen should simply disappear. Either the top/bottom half or the left/right half. That way, the weak brains of high bracket couldnt play with us very high (=very strong brain) players.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by apfel View Post
                    Since BKB is such a commonly used item, wouldn't it be cool if BKB usage would look differently on every hero. For example Tinker could become a Tank when BKB is used. Or AM could metamorph into a wingless terrorblade. It would enhance the quality of fights alot. Imagine u see ENIGMA ACTIVATING HIS BKB, THAT TRANSFORMS HIM INTO "DARK GLOWING ENIGMA" WHILE THROWING HIS BLACKHOLE.

                    TLR
                    I want more cool VISUALS.
                    fucking retard

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Back in the day a handful of heroes had unique BKB visuals in dota 1. It was modeled after the way naix changed after he did rage. I think tink became a tank, and TB looked like he was in demon form. It wasn't particularly useful or distracting. I prefer the current uniform approach personally. I do think they should bring back the unique aggy's visuals though.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X