Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

New MM System For Valve ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New MM System For Valve ...

    Since this new system sucks , I decided to create my own matching algorithm.
    • All players will be matched with players who have at least -150 or +150 Win Score.(No new players with high win players)
    • Players that have the same succesfull heroes can not be matched.(Give it a chance to clear confusion in games)
    • Players can not be matched with the players who have included in their at least 3 recent matches.(U can't play with same players all the time)
    • Depending on their recent 10 games , players can not be matched with the players who always play the same hero.This kind of players should be matched with players who has (-200) or (-300) wins.+3 same hero , ur penalty is playing with lower win players. (This is a securing key for good players.If this works well , u won't see any of players who has 500 wins , but 450 of them with sniper mid ...) Since DotA is teamplay , u can't always pick whatever u want.
    • Depending on their recent 10 games , if lose rate is over %70 , players should be matched with players who have over %50 winrate on their last 10 games.(This is for motivation.If u keep losing , system should do something about it.Not neccesary , but great thing to have I think.)

      This is just my idea , want to hear u guys' feadback and opinion on this.We can create our own system and Valve should listen what we want.We want this , u gonna do it.Because this is not ur game , this is our game.

      Thanks.

  • #2
    everythign is better than the current mm system.

    Even this:
    Take random 5 people, take other 5 random people, slap it together.

    Comment


    • #3
      So what you're saying is you're frustrated with people that have win numbers that you don't agree with being in your games as well as their picks thus you try to make a matchmaking system that solely relies on those factors. Congratulations, you failed.

      Comment


      • #4
        A Valve employee recently said that they don't even consider number of wins for the player ratings and it makes sense: the fact that a player played a high amount of games doesn't prove that he isn't horrible. Likewise, it's not because a player has 300 fewer wins than you that he hasn't been playing WC3 DotA and HoN for 7 years. Some people can't learn for shit but can definitely play the game every single day... so why should a bunch of good 2000 win players be forced to play with a horrible 2000 win player?
        Last edited by Bleako; 07-26-2013, 09:06 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Pleau View Post
          So what you're saying is you're frustrated with people that have win numbers that you don't agree with being in your games as well as their picks thus you try to make a matchmaking system that solely relies on those factors. Congratulations, you failed.
          No we are frustraited that we as experienced players have to deal with noobs who dont know that they are not supposed to lasthit and autoattack as supports, that warding is needed, that armlet is an item which has an active, that you dont buy radiance on naix, that ta traps do slow and give vision, that omninkight is not a fucking hardcarry, that 5men carryteams are shit, that you do not attack abddon while his ult is active and so on.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blunt552 View Post
            No we are frustraited that we as experienced players have to deal with noobs who dont know that they are not supposed to lasthit and autoattack as supports, that warding is needed, that armlet is an item which has an active, that you dont buy radiance on naix, that ta traps do slow and give vision, that omninkight is not a fucking hardcarry, that 5men carryteams are shit, that you do not attack abddon while his ult is active and so on.
            <sarcasm> Doneing-Krooger! Doneing-Krooger! Doneing-Krooger! </sarcasm>

            I know the feeling. Very few of my games these days exceed 40 minutes. They are largely stomps, win or loss, that end around 30-35 minutes.
            We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



            merci fenix

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks, can you code than in C++ now?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Blunt552 View Post
                everythign is better than the current mm system.

                Even this:
                Take random 5 people, take other 5 random people, slap it together.
                Hey, I thought that is the way the current system works o_O...
                Spoiler: 

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TrayhopeR View Post
                  Since this new system sucks , I decided to create my own matching algorithm.
                  • All players will be matched with players who have at least -150 or +150 Win Score.(No new players with high win players)
                  • Players that have the same succesfull heroes can not be matched.(Give it a chance to clear confusion in games)
                  • Players can not be matched with the players who have included in their at least 3 recent matches.(U can't play with same players all the time)
                  • Depending on their recent 10 games , players can not be matched with the players who always play the same hero.This kind of players should be matched with players who has (-200) or (-300) wins.+3 same hero , ur penalty is playing with lower win players. (This is a securing key for good players.If this works well , u won't see any of players who has 500 wins , but 450 of them with sniper mid ...) Since DotA is teamplay , u can't always pick whatever u want.
                  • Depending on their recent 10 games , if lose rate is over %70 , players should be matched with players who have over %50 winrate on their last 10 games.(This is for motivation.If u keep losing , system should do something about it.Not neccesary , but great thing to have I think.)

                    This is just my idea , want to hear u guys' feadback and opinion on this.We can create our own system and Valve should listen what we want.We want this , u gonna do it.Because this is not ur game , this is our game.

                    Thanks.
                  WOW.
                  I have never seen such a bad idea in my entire life.
                  It just can't get any worse.
                  What you just wrote made me facepalm so hard it still hurts.
                  There is no way you think this is good, right?
                  Holy shit, I can't believe it....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When I checked wins I noticed players with huge amount of wins can suck hard. But when other people check they only pick out the players who suck + low wins blaming the mistake on matchmaking.
                    And going by that low win players always suck and they never smurf?

                    When this system you proposed will be implemented smurfers will smurf. They will not play in very high for a long time and they will screw over games which where meant for beginners.
                    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
                    * 25.02.16 - † 26.02.16
                    Spoiler: 


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Phoenixclaw View Post
                      WOW.
                      I have never seen such a bad idea in my entire life.
                      It just can't get any worse.
                      What you just wrote made me facepalm so hard it still hurts.
                      There is no way you think this is good, right?
                      Holy shit, I can't believe it....
                      I know. Unfortunately people in this section either have sub-par IQ or are severely immature or have reached such a point of exasperation with the matchmaking that they just start spewing random bullshit hoping they'll eventually get a good suggestion. Either way while i admit this matchmaking system fails all the suggestions i've read here are pretty much terrible and would cause rage beyond belief.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
                        Hey, I thought that is the way the current system works o_O...
                        no, now its like, your skilled?
                        HERE YOUR CHALLENGE!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Computer can't know who's good player or who is bad player.All it can say is if ur wins are higher , ur skill level MIGHT be high.There is no way that computer can understand this 10 win player is high skilled and can play with high skilled players.This is the problem here.Also there is no way that ELO rating system can find out who's high or low skilled.The only way to improve this MM system depends on Wins and Loses.That's all.I don't say this will make MM system perfect , but definitely would improve and I suggested somethings to prevent bad games under some circumstances.My matters are just some examples to how to improve games , not only MM system.It all depends on MM system.

                          Maybe Valve thinks that since we are out of beta , for a short time new players will get better if they play with high skilled players.So MM system matches low wins with much higher wins.(I have 620+ and matching with 50 , are you serious ?Not even party , it's solo MM).If that's the case , Valve is doing horrible job here.They might think that we won't lose much players if we give them some loses , but we will gain much more if we give free win to lower wins.It's just a theory , we have to consider all situtations

                          Anyway , as I said , if there's only one thing that MM system has to consider , that's Wins and Loses.You an see people's Wins but u can't see their loses.Wins and loses are key points here.There are also other things like , recent game date , account creation date , last picked heroes etc.When u can combine all of this things , you can make good MM system.I know this system is going to change , it has to change.I wrote my matters for your feedback and suggestions , not for your stupid insults.So if u don't agree with me or nothing you can add to improve this shit , say "It's bad , because of bla bla , and this is worst because of bla bla ...".We will discuss and find the best solution together.

                          And who's wondering who am I and can code this in C++ , I am a former game developer who worked in several projects in C++ , so yeah , I can but that's not my job.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TrayhopeR View Post
                            Computer can't know who's good player or who is bad player.
                            No, but the community can: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=97602
                            Originally posted by CvP
                            Get better at dota.
                            A matchmaking system that emulates five-player parties based on teamplay-oriented recommendations---> http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=97602

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              broken mm
                              This Game Full of Bugs But We Have Many Hats.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X