Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Its alright guys

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Its alright guys

    we can still check their steam profile to see how many hours of dota they played.
    often its not hidden

  • #2
    ty for the tip

    Comment


    • #3
      inb4 valve hides that in the next patch too

      Comment


      • #4
        One more irrelevant stat.

        It seems you love them.
        You're only as strong as your weakest link.
        -Thomas Reid

        Comment


        • #5
          And the point of doing that is what?
          They hid the wins because it's not an accurate representation of player skill and yet people used it as one, including me when I started playing.

          Now you're telling me that played hours also represent skill level?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by soprof View Post
            One more irrelevant stat.

            It seems you love them.
            its not about the stats...
            its about being forced to play with player WAY BELOW my skill level. literally people who played for 3 hours.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoqueDemon View Post
              And the point of doing that is what?
              They hid the wins because it's not an accurate representation of player skill and yet people used it as one, including me when I started playing.

              Now you're telling me that played hours also represent skill level?
              so you are telling me that a guy who played dota for 5 hours is as good as a player with 1000 wins and 3000 hours playtime????

              ok mate. yes its possible that he played DOTA 1 before but often he is a noob.

              the MM is fucked up get over it.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's possible for a 1 hour played player to be better than 2k hours played player. /sarcasm.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Noo View Post
                  It's possible for a 1 hour played player to be better than 2k hours played player. /sarcasm.
                  volvo can spot talent right away ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by argon2516 View Post
                    so you are telling me that a guy who played dota for 5 hours is as good as a player with 1000 wins and 3000 hours playtime????

                    ok mate. yes its possible that he played DOTA 1 before but often he is a noob.

                    the MM is fucked up get over it.
                    That first statement is entirely possible to be honest. So many guys, in these very forums, talking about smurf accounts and you doubt that?

                    I didn't even say a thing about MM. You're the one who isn't over it apparently.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RoqueDemon View Post
                      That first statement is entirely possible to be honest. So many guys, in these very forums, talking about smurf accounts and you doubt that?

                      I didn't even say a thing about MM. You're the one who isn't over it apparently.
                      ok why do people with 1 !!!! win get matched with people with several hundred wins?

                      how can valve tell that after 1 !!! win ?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by argon2516 View Post
                        ok why do people with 1 !!!! win get matched with people with several hundred wins?

                        how can valve tell that after 1 !!! win ?
                        Lobbies my boy. Smurf account in a lobby with people he usually plays with. Main account possibly muted/in LPQ.
                        Just giving an example of a possible reason.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Because an account that has idled in main menu for 200 hours is better than one that has played the game for 3h? That is a rather irrelevant stat to be honest, I myself leave the game on when I go out for a few hours or do something else for a while...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Renita View Post
                            Because an account that has idled in main menu for 200 hours is better than one that has played the game for 3h? That is a rather irrelevant stat to be honest, I myself leave the game on when I go out for a few hours or do something else for a while...
                            True. I didn't even think of that.
                            So, playing a lot doesn't mean that you're good and play hours can be fabricated. It's a truly meaningless stat and yet I expect a lot of people to cling to it.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X