Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

IMMORTAL ITEMS' LACK OF EFFORT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
    Sorry, but all the kids complaining about the immortals don't deserve it. Unlike them, I waited patiently and I realized all the items in the chest looked and represented crap. So I didn't open any of my 3 reliquaries. People took the risk, their fault. They payed for it, now they want to go back. Its annoying and its a 10 year old's logic.
    FYI, i bought my compendium even before any of the stretch goals were reached, i patiently waited for every other stuff, made all the predictions and even get every single one of them crappy cards...... WAITING FOR THE TIME I WAS GONNA GET MY WELL DESERVED ITEM, and then BAM, FUCKING MACE.

    I spend that money at my own risk in know that, maybe it was a naive sensation to believe i could even get a chance to receive the immortal item. But let me tell you something, schmock. ALL THE THINGS THEY ADDED LATER ON (cards, courier upgrades, HUD,ETC) i didnt care, because i didnt bought the compendium for that. If you are gonna go all mad like "YOU 10 YEAR OLD KIDS, GET ALL BITCHY AND THIS AND THAT" take your words, and shove em up your ass.... cause you dont fucking know what is the feeling to be scammed like this (and i personally defended Valve for the way they were doing this, even if i being told diferently)


    PS: I know my fucking english isnt good, it isnt my native language, so dont waste time pointing it out, its annoying enough.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ghost[5thf] View Post
      +1
      Damn angry kids all over forums complaining about this when it wasn't even part of the original compedium package and just a free bonus valve decided to give us.
      Please, dont be so simple-minded. They added more stuff, so they could ACTUALLY have a chance of getting to the immortal item stretch goal, THEY CARE ONLY FOR THE MONEY, PERIOD!!!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
        Why stop there, when they can make more?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQZcKCF00Rg

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by My name is MCA View Post
          I get it, you say that this will eventually backfire on them. True. What makes you think they care? They will milk us cows for as much as pissible and then, well then, who gives a fuck. They will have made money.
          Spoiler: 

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
            I get it, you say that this will eventually backfire on them. True. What makes you think they care? They will milk us cows for as much as pissible and then, well then, who gives a fuck. They will have made money.
            I'm saying it'll work perfectly and no one will be the wiser. The devs will say that players are complaining to much for no reason and ignore them because it's easy and conveinient. They don't care if they hurt anyone or upset anyone so long as the money keeps flowing and websites full of mindless defenders like reddit will follow them to the grave. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve was working with liquor companies at this point to make money off of the strife they cause.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by My name is MCA View Post
              I'm saying it'll work perfectly and no one will be the wiser. The devs will say that players are complaining to much for no reason and ignore them because it's easy and conveinient. They don't care if they hurt anyone or upset anyone so long as the money keeps flowing and websites full of mindless defenders like reddit will follow them to the grave. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve was working with liquor companies at this point to make money off of the strife they cause.
              Luckily, a majority of people who play this game arnt entitled assholes. Only the very small vocal minority is complaining about these items.

              Consider there were over 400k compendiums bought. There are at most 100 people complaining here. Probably closer to 25.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by chromodynamics View Post
                Luckily, a majority of people who play this game arnt entitled assholes. Only the very small vocal minority is complaining about these items.

                Consider there were over 400k compendiums bought. There are at most 100 people complaining here. Probably closer to 25.
                And also consider that most people who play dota probably do not visit these forums often or even at all while you are at it.
                And if the amount of people complaining about this is small to you, then I find it good that the amount of people telling us to stop complaining is even smaller than us the "Vocal minority"

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by chromodynamics View Post
                  Luckily, a majority of people who play this game arnt entitled assholes. Only the very small vocal minority is complaining about these items.

                  Consider there were over 400k compendiums bought. There are at most 100 people complaining here. Probably closer to 25.
                  First of all, where did you find the statistics for your "very small vocal minority is complaining about these items" statement? Go see on Reddit, on chat channels in DOTA2 and even during games and try counting the number of people who are unhappy with them. If that doesn't convince you then go check out other forums where people have complained about it. This isn't the only forum you know. Then as [G*D]Silverhunter said, the vast majority indeed do not visit these forums.

                  As a huge supporter of all things Valve and Dota2, this is the first time I have been disappointed. The items for Lone Druid and Abaddon are really way below average when compared with the other 3 items (other than that, both items are quite good looking.). I'm not sure anything will be done to change it, but it's important that I (and others) voice dissapointment and dissatisfaction regarding how this has been handled.
                  Last edited by grobyx; 07-28-2013, 05:50 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by grobyx View Post
                    ....it's important that I (and others) voice dissapointment and dissatisfaction regarding how this has been handled.
                    Indeed it is, as a matter of fact we are their customers, they should do things the way WE like. And im not saying they should be our bitches, but at least try to make things a little more even for everybody

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      People are unhappy because they didnt get the kunkka sword.

                      I get it.

                      But you paid 10 dollars for a compendium, courier with multiple stages, battle bonus, we get to see a 1v1 tourney that the community decides on, and on top of that, everyone gets an immortal item.

                      Then valve sees what happened to the taunts - they were and are worthless. In order for that to not happen to the immortal items, the random drops were made and tiers were (essentially) created (e.g. kunkka tier 1, pudge tier 1.5, etc).

                      I'm willing to bet that if everyone got the same immortal item, regardless of what the item was, people would complain that it has no value and cannot be traded, and therefore the compendium was a waste.

                      It doesn't matter what happens, people will always complain. I haven't seen much complaints about the items except for this forum. Not that I frequent them all, but I watch reddit and others.

                      Again, if you got a kunkka sword I doubt you would have complained.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by chromodynamics View Post
                        People are unhappy because they didnt get the kunkka sword.

                        I get it.

                        But you paid 10 dollars for a compendium, courier with multiple stages, battle bonus, we get to see a 1v1 tourney that the community decides on, and on top of that, everyone gets an immortal item.

                        Then valve sees what happened to the taunts - they were and are worthless. In order for that to not happen to the immortal items, the random drops were made and tiers were (essentially) created (e.g. kunkka tier 1, pudge tier 1.5, etc).

                        I'm willing to bet that if everyone got the same immortal item, regardless of what the item was, people would complain that it has no value and cannot be traded, and therefore the compendium was a waste.

                        It doesn't matter what happens, people will always complain. I haven't seen much complaints about the items except for this forum. Not that I frequent them all, but I watch reddit and others.

                        Again, if you got a kunkka sword I doubt you would have complained.
                        I think I'm gonna have to agree with this man here. Maybe some would have complained even if they got the kunkka sword, but I believe most complaints would disappear. I'm kinda glad not everyone got the same shitty item. I would get sick of seeing it.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by chromodynamics View Post

                          I'm willing to bet that if everyone got the same immortal item, regardless of what the item was, people would complain that it has no value and cannot be traded, and therefore the compendium was a waste.

                          It doesn't matter what happens, people will always complain. I haven't seen much complaints about the items except for this forum. Not that I frequent them all, but I watch reddit and others.

                          Again, if you got a kunkka sword I doubt you would have complained.
                          I dont know abouta the others, but PERSONALLY i would've complained even if i had gotten 2 immortal instead of one. And again you go like "all because you didnt got that item" i dont care if its different, but at least they COULD'VE TRIED and make all immortal items valuable ENOUGH... its simple, they rushed half of the immortal items, PERIOD

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I have the Kunkka sword and the Lone Druid Cauldron, want to know why I am complaining still?
                            Because I think everyone who bought the compendium deserves the items they wanted and shouldn't be victim to very shitty RNG (that simply had no reason to be here in the first place), If we cant have all five items for your absurd reason of "then people would complain that everyone has them" then at least let the people choose which item they want, if everyone goes for the venge or Kunkka item it is not their fault, it is Valves for making items that are not at all equal to each other

                            And also chromodynamics, our entitlement goes as far as the money we spent on the compendium, and enough was spent to get to the point of creating the immortal items, this backlash happened because we all expected the same reasonable outcome as the taunt items or the courier upgrades, not this absurd "You can only have one and they aren't all equal" system that was put in place.

                            Oh and for the record, I did not sell my taunts, I still have all six and am happy to have them, don't go saying "everyone sold them" and that's why Valve are doing this, because I doubt you even have a shred of proof that this was their way of thinking.

                            And don't make that arrogant assumption that people who got the items they are happy with are happy to just sit by while those unfortunate sods have to sit with their crappy cauldrons, because I sure as hell am not happy about it.
                            Last edited by [G*D]Silverhunter; 07-28-2013, 07:13 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by [G*D]Silverhunter View Post
                              I have the Kunkka sword and the Lone Druid Cauldron, want to know why I am complaining still?
                              Because I think everyone who bought the compendium deserves the items they wanted and shouldn't be victim to very shitty RNG (that simply had no reason to be here in the first place), If we cant have all five items for your absurd reason of "then people would complain that everyone has them" then at least let the people choose which item they want, if everyone goes for the venge or Kunkka item it is not their fault, it is Valves for making items that are not at all equal to each other

                              And also chromodynamics, our entitlement goes as far as the money we spent on the compendium, and enough was spent to get to the point of creating the immortal items, this backlash happened because we all expected the same reasonable outcome as the taunt items or the courier upgrades, not this absurd "You can only have one and they aren't all equal" system that was put in place.

                              Oh and for the record, I did not sell my taunts, I still have all six and am happy to have them, don't go saying "everyone sold them" and that's why Valve are doing this, because I doubt you even have a shred of proof that this was their way of thinking.

                              And don't make that arrogant assumption that people who got the items they are happy with are happy to just sit by while those unfortunate sods have to sit with their crappy cauldrons, because I sure as hell am not happy about it.
                              Very well put.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Really though I would just like a response from someone at Valve, just a "hey we are listening" or a "we acknowledge your concerns" y'know? Just something at least!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X