Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

IMMORTAL ITEMS' LACK OF EFFORT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by [G*D]Silverhunter View Post
    Really though I would just like a response from someone at Valve, just a "hey we are listening" or a "we acknowledge your concerns" y'know? Just something at least!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZfZ8uWaOFI
    Spoiler: 

    Comment


    • #47
      You open a box with a present. You like what you get.

      You look what others got from their boxes. You like something more.

      How cheap do you guys(guys? kids sounds more appropriate) look while trying to veil your feelings under someones lack of afford or whatever else. CHEAP.

      p.s. got aba's weap. Happy.
      You're only as strong as your weakest link.
      -Thomas Reid

      Comment


      • #48
        Why are you comparing something you get for free with something you pay for?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by soprof View Post
          You open a box with a present. You like what you get.

          You look what others got from their boxes. You like something more.

          How cheap do you guys(guys? kids sounds more appropriate) look while trying to veil your feelings under someones lack of afford or whatever else. CHEAP.

          p.s. got aba's weap. Happy.
          You can certainly win the "Valve Fanboy #1" award with ease.
          Spoiler: 

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Noo View Post
            Why are you comparing something you get for free with something you pay for?
            I bough the item before goals were announced. I agreed to take whatever 'll be offered.
            So did everyone.

            Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
            You can certainly win the "Valve Fanboy #1" award with ease.
            Sorry kiddy, just maths and cold-blooded analysis. You can keep lying to yourself and others, I don't really mind.
            Last edited by soprof; 07-29-2013, 07:16 AM.
            You're only as strong as your weakest link.
            -Thomas Reid

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by soprof View Post
              Sorry kiddy, just maths and cold-blooded analysis. You can keep lying to yourself and others, I don't really mind.
              Oh you used the "I don't have an argument" 101: "kiddy".

              You won the argument so easy man.
              Spoiler: 

              Comment


              • #52
                The only reason its still worth 1.99 eur is that people are speculatively stockpiling them in hopes of getting additional effect for the true form. If it wasnt for that it would probably be like 0.99 eur. Well I am certainly getting rid of mine if no effect is added.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I've bought the compendium not because I wanted to support esport (well not really true. I do but it was not my primary goal.)
                  I bought it because of the reward. I bought it when taunts was already achieved.

                  Yesterday I bought a second compendium for my second account out of frustration because of LD Immortal.... I got a second LD Immortal.

                  Yes I am an Idiot. I could have bought it off Steam Market or sth. But I did not know. So frustrating.............

                  There are 5 Immortals. 3 of them have special skill effects. They look good and they are priced well over those who don't have special effect.

                  LD the one who doesn't have skill effect isn't even visibile anymore when you reach lvl 6 (((((((
                  (A cosmetic which is not visible! WAT)

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by BKB View Post
                    I've bought the compendium not because I wanted to support esport (well not really true. I do but it was not my primary goal.)
                    I bought it because of the reward. I bought it when taunts was already achieved.

                    Yesterday I bought a second compendium for my second account out of frustration because of LD Immortal.... I got a second LD Immortal.

                    Yes I am an Idiot. I could have bought it off Steam Market or sth. But I did not know. So frustrating.............

                    There are 5 Immortals. 3 of them have special skill effects. They look good and they are priced well over those who don't have special effect.

                    LD the one who doesn't have skill effect isn't even visibile anymore when you reach lvl 6 (((((((
                    (A cosmetic which is not visible! WAT)
                    This is why people complain, not because they are cheap like some blockheads around here say.
                    Spoiler: 

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
                      Oh you used the "I don't have an argument" 101: "kiddy".

                      You won the argument so easy man.
                      The way you have been responding to us has been completely childish actually, I don't expect anything amazing or constructive from you, I just expect more youtube videos that just cements your lack of constructive criticism completely.
                      Although since you like responding to us with youtube videos how about I give it a go?

                      I think that you should just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B2wtC91_0U
                      Last edited by [G*D]Silverhunter; 07-29-2013, 08:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
                        This is why people complain, not because they are cheap like some blockheads around here say.
                        This is a situation that could've been avoided so easily though, what was so hard about just either giving us all five items or letting us choose which one item we specifically want? If they gave us all five items then no one would be complaining as everyone would be equal in this situation and if we were allowed to pick which one item we wanted then we would've at least been content to have an item that we like rather than perhaps be unlucky enough to get an item for a hero that we do not play and is also clearly inferior to the other items.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by [G*D]Silverhunter View Post
                          The way you have been responding to us has been completely childish actually, I don't expect anything amazing or constructive from you, I just expect more youtube videos that just cements your lack of constructive criticism completely.
                          Although since you like responding to us with youtube videos how about I give it a go?

                          I think that you should just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B2wtC91_0U
                          Sorry that I can not keep a straight face, and keep the conversation to a high level, when I see your arguments (not only yours, but in general). They just crack me up. Also I only used the youtube response once for fun. Search this forum and find all those posters that have the same ideals/arguments as you, responding with gifs and pictures, to fuel flame wars. Also even if I post something "constructive" as you say, around 20 people will put me in the corner, and try to convince that, I have Dunning–Kruger's, that Valve is doing an extremely good job on everything, that because my winrate in 46%ish I should STFU and so on. And at the very least this thread about the items is actually correct. We have 3 items that have awesome effects (and one of them actually changes the particles of an ability), we have AB's mace, that although has no effects still looks nice and then we have a fucking cookware , that has no effects whatsoever, looks like shit, AND it goes away in bear form. Let me remind you that after level 6 LD is almost always in bear form. I have no compendium so I have none of these items, but am I being cheap for wanting all of them to be equal quality? All should have effects, all should be of similar quality.


                          EDIT: I don't know WTF you attacked me about that youtube video. You said that Valve should say something, And I posted the song to show you that it's futile. I was with you on that.
                          Last edited by katsaroulhs; 07-29-2013, 09:05 AM.
                          Spoiler: 

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
                            Sorry that I can not keep a straight face, and keep the conversation to a high level, when I see your arguments (not only yours, but in general). They just crack me up. Also I only used the youtube response once for fun. Search this forum and find all those posters that have the same ideals/arguments as you, responding with gifs and pictures, to fuel flame wars. Also even if I post something "constructive" as you say, around 20 people will put me in the corner, and try to convince that, I have Dunning–Kruger's, that Valve is doing an extremely good job on everything, that because my winrate in 46%ish I should STFU and so on. And at the very least this thread about the items is actually correct. We have 3 items that have awesome effects (and one of them actually changes the particles of an ability), we have AB's mace, that although has no effects still looks nice and then we have a fucking cookware , that has no effects whatsoever, looks like shit, AND it goes away in bear form. Let me remind you that after level 6 LD is almost always in bear form. I have no compendium so I have none of these items, but am I being cheap for wanting all of them to be equal quality? All should have effects, all should be of similar quality.
                            Funnily enough I agree with a lot of what you just said there, I think they should all be of equal quality as that would be one way to fix this issue and yes the LD item is awful, I have one and it really is awful, bonus points since Lone is a hero that I simply do not play. I would just like to see a fix at this point, whether it is upgrading the lesser items to have better effects or letting us have all five items or letting us pick an item to have, just a solution would be nice.

                            Oh and by the way thank you for being constructive there, I appreciate it.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by BKB View Post
                              I've bought the compendium not because I wanted to support esport (well not really true. I do but it was not my primary goal.)
                              I bought it because of the reward. I bought it when taunts was already achieved.

                              Yesterday I bought a second compendium for my second account out of frustration because of LD Immortal.... I got a second LD Immortal.

                              Yes I am an Idiot. I could have bought it off Steam Market or sth. But I did not know. So frustrating.............

                              There are 5 Immortals. 3 of them have special skill effects. They look good and they are priced well over those who don't have special effect.

                              LD the one who doesn't have skill effect isn't even visibile anymore when you reach lvl 6 (((((((
                              (A cosmetic which is not visible! WAT)
                              *facepalm*

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I would like to thank you guys for all the feedback, mostly the people that UNDERSTOOD my position and respected it (either if you agreed with me or not). I wasnt expecting it at all, just thinking that it was an stupid idea in the first place

                                I have an idea, and if anyone can help me we can at least TRY to make something about this rushed items fiasco. I've seen what happened to Ursa's first set, how it was removed from the store, all because of the feedback.
                                Maybe, JUST MAYBE, we can group up and make them see how wrong they were on rushing things up (something that they "supposedly" dont do), and came to us with a solution to this issue.

                                Again, what do you guys think? APART FROM ALL THAT FANBOYS WHO WILL SAY "GET OVER IT, U JUST UNLUCKY"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X